1296 users online (186 members and 1110 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I found old articles on Montoya when he first killed Sherika Hill and APD was quoted as saying they were looking at him to see if he committed any other crimes. His home/trailer was gone over with a fine tooth comb from what those articles stated. At the time (dec. 2006), APD believed it was to brutal of a crime to be his first.

Hello everyone,

I have a research question I'd like some help with. Anyone game?

As we know, West Mesa suspect Lorenzo Montoya was shot and killed in December of 2006. Almost all of the stories I've read say that Montoya was found dragging prostitute Shericka Hill towards his car (some stories say he was stuffing her into the trunk) when he was discovered and shot in the leg by Fredrick Williams (her pimp) and died of his injuries.

Here's an example:
    http://krqe.com/2014/01/31/does-apd-...-mesa-murders/

However, an article published the day after the incident states that Williams shot at Montoya outside of his trailer because Montoya also had a gun and Williams felt "threatened". Williams then went inside the trailer and found Hill dead.

http://www.abqjournal.com/news/metro...ro12-19-06.htm

What I'm looking for is something that shows me where the story changes from what was reported in the article from 2006 to the version we're more familiar with. Was Hill inside or outside? Was Montoya dragging her toward his vehicle when Williams approached him, or was he outside his trailer without the body when Williams arrived on the scene?

If anyone can point me to something that helps clarify this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Rachel

Here's an excerpt from a book written by a pastor who had a church in Albuquerque at the time Ms. Hill was murdered
    https://books.google.com/books?id=4k...uerque&f=false

Here's another article on Sherika Hill

http://mikegisick.com/stories/dancer-in-the-dark.html

Quote Originally Posted by Danse_Macabre View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have a research question I'd like some help with. Anyone game?

As we know, West Mesa suspect Lorenzo Montoya was shot and killed in December of 2006. Almost all of the stories I've read say that Montoya was found dragging prostitute Shericka Hill towards his car (some stories say he was stuffing her into the trunk) when he was discovered and shot in the leg by Fredrick Williams (her pimp) and died of his injuries.

Here's an example:
    http://krqe.com/2014/01/31/does-apd-...-mesa-murders/

However, an article published the day after the incident states that Williams shot at Montoya outside of his trailer because Montoya also had a gun and Williams felt "threatened". Williams then went inside the trailer and found Hill dead.

http://www.abqjournal.com/news/metro...ro12-19-06.htm

What I'm looking for is something that shows me where the story changes from what was reported in the article from 2006 to the version we're more familiar with. Was Hill inside or outside? Was Montoya dragging her toward his vehicle when Williams approached him, or was he outside his trailer without the body when Williams arrived on the scene?

If anyone can point me to something that helps clarify this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Rachel
    IMHO, the story changed (with help) afterwards to help WILLIAMS be justified in shooting MONTOYA, to be sure no charges would be filed--They were happy to be rid of MONTOYA--Williams should/could have stayed with the story that MONTOYA pulled his gun on him when he confronted him as to where HILL was-But then it's a he says he pulled a gun thing--If instead, you see a guy stuffing your gf into the bed of a pickup truck, no way will there be charges---I REALLY believe 100% he went in AFTER shooting Montoya and found her dead

Quote Originally Posted by CriminalMinds View Post
    IMHO, the story changed (with help) afterwards to help WILLIAMS be justified in shooting MONTOYA, to be sure no charges would be filed--They were happy to be rid of MONTOYA--Williams should/could have stayed with the story that MONTOYA pulled his gun on him when he confronted him as to where HILL was-But then it's a he says he pulled a gun thing--If instead, you see a guy stuffing your gf into the bed of a pickup truck, no way will there be charges---I REALLY believe 100% he went in AFTER shooting Montoya and found her dead
    I tend to agree with your opinion. There is an article (can't find it) that told a revised version. The article stated that Williams was parked down farther in the trailer park, he buzzed Shericka's phone (the old Nextel walkie talkie type) and got no answer..he pulled up to Montoya's trailer and saw Montoya pretending to be a security guard...at this time Montoya "shooed" Williams away...Williams circled the trailer park a couple times and when he pulled up to Montoya's trailer this second time....Williams saw Montoya drop something and Montoya started playing security guard but the something Montoya dropped was Shericka...Williams fired and killed Montoya. I'm looking for that specific article.

I talked to someone from Albuquerque who said Montoya found Shericka on Backpage, but I've never have been able to confirm this. I'm not even sure Backpage existed in Dec. 2006.

According to newspaper articles, Lorenzo Montoya worked at Starline Printing Press as a foreman in the printing press area. His family released a statement after his death stating they believed Fredrick killed Shericka and that Lorenzo had a teenage daughter, and a new baby on the way.

Another random coincidence is that det. babcock arrested Lorenzo Montoya in 1999 for choking and raping a prostitute. I believe the charges were dropped (nolle prosqui).

Just wanted to make sure the websleuth world read about the latest in the case. re: Lorenzo Montoya video. Interesting developments. Been too quite around here.

https://www.abqjournal.com/860097/po...sex-tapes.html

https://www.abqjournal.com/860098/fo...-the-case.html

http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/...ntoya/4283495/

Thank you Danse_Macabre for linking the updated articles. Hopefully these women can be identified by the pictures, and they are alive and well.

I don't think Montoya is our guy.APD has screwed this up beyond all repair.Does anyone know if they ever bothered to check the workers at the state fair?

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    The link to the article with this video has been posted (Thank you Danse_Macabre) but for those who only have 37 seconds and want to get really creeped out
    here you go.

It is Lorenzo Montoya's video police found in his home.

Listen to the sound of tape.

Last edited by Tricia; 12-07-2016 at 02:40 PM.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

^ Chilling. I'm serious, I have goosebumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    The link to the article with this video has been posted (Thank you Danse_Macabre) but for those who only have 37 seconds and want to get really creeped out
    here you go.

It is Lorenzo Montoya's video police found in his home.

Listen to the sound of tape.

Just finnished listening to the radio show ...... now that is a seriously scary sounding video.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast