1205 users online (208 members and 997 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbreeley View Post
    Not sure if this is considered MSM, if not mods please remove link.

https://www.liberationnews.org/untes...-mesa-murders/

Untested rape kits linked to West Mesa Murders

The West Mesa women’s deaths were never fully investigated. The case is
    open to the present day despite a mountain of evidence including DNA found
    on one of the women’s pants pointing to one of two prime suspects.
    The suspect, Joseph Blea, has a long documented criminal history of sexual violence dating back to the 1970’s. Blea is still under investigation in connection to the murder of the West Mesa Women and Albuquerque Police Department is quoted as “Not having enough evidence to convict him.”
    the DNA they are referring to is Blea’s DNA that was taken after his arrest, matching DNA discovered on the pants of a young prostitute whose body had been dumped off East Central in the 1980s

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/10...main-unsolved/

Five years after mass grave discovered, Albuquerque killings remain unsolved

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – The haunting images of 11 women stare back from the City of Albuquerque website as if to remind the world that five years after their bodies turned up in a mass grave on the outskirts of town, a killer likely remains on the loose.
    Kimbreeley
    My ramblings are purely my own opinions.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_17010291

Serial killer Scott Kimball says police questioned him about N.M. murders

Scott Kimball

Detectives from the Albuquerque Police Department may have paid a visit to FBI informant-turned-serial killer Scott Lee Kimball last week in connection to their investigation into the remains of 11 women and a fetus found near the city in 2009, a New Mexico television station is reporting.

The Lafayette native acknowledged to Coet in his letter last week that he used to pass through Albuquerque while making deliveries of beef to customers in Arizona and California, but he insisted that he was not to blame for the women's deaths.
    Kimbreeley

http://www.koat.com/news/possible-le...rders/27098896

Possible lead uncovered in West Mesa murders

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —Albuquerque police are not ruling out a man recently arrested in a kidnapping cold case as a possible lead in one of the city's biggest unsolved cases.

Police said they will investigate Mark Chavez and check for any leads in the West Mesa murders, in which 11 bodies have been found.
    Kimbreeley

Hi Everyone,

We're hoping you can answer a question about Joseph Blea. We all know that the piece of evidence tying Blea to the burial site was a plant tag from a nursery where he was a regular customer.

What was the name of the nursery?

Thanks in advance for for your help,

Rachel and Josh

According to this article in the ABQ journal, Blea owned a landscaping company, and he bought the plants from a nursery in Vacaville, CA.
    http://www.abqjournal.com/597107/new...-killings.html

After re-reading the article, it seems that the wholesale nursery in Vacaville supplied the plant in question, 5 gallon spearmint juniper, to a retail store in Albuquerque where Blea bought plants/trees for his landscaping company.
    Last edited by vegasdee; 11-09-2015 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasdee View Post
    According to this article in the ABQ journal, Blea owned a landscaping company, and he bought the plants from a nursery in Vacaville, CA.
    http://www.abqjournal.com/597107/new...-killings.html

After re-reading the article, it seems that the wholesale nursery in Vacaville supplied the plant in question, 5 gallon spearmint juniper, to a retail store in Albuquerque where Blea bought plants/trees for his landscaping company.
    Thanks Dee! That's as far as we got too. Wish we could pin point the actual nursery. Any other ideas?

I had a thought, could Blea's landscape company been a subcontractor for the new home development? That particular development was built in 2007, I believe and since it was "track neighborhood" the developer would've provided the front yard landscaping...would be interested to know if there are spearmint junipers in that particular housing track.

Another year, another anniversary. West Mesa, still unsolved, will it ever be solved??

http://www.abqjournal.com/715705/new...ars-later.html

I hope so...because girls are still coming up missing. I think he may still be out there. Or at least ONE of them is still at it.

RIP McStays

The West Mesa murders could be an echo of a serial killer and sexual sadist known as David Parker Ray. David Parker Ray lived in Truth or Consequence NM, which is only a 2hr. drive from the site these women where found. His query where always prostitues that had a drug addiction and wouldn't be missed. Alothough he was caught in 1999 and died in prision, in 2002, no bodies of the supposed 60 women he was thought to have killed, has ever been found. Also it is a fact that he had accomplices participating in his fun with prostitutes. Using sound proof trailers to video the brutality he put his victims through, and sell it as snuff films. It is quite possible that accomplices have kept his legacy alive.
    Last edited by ladylove34; 12-08-2016 at 10:42 AM. Reason: misspelled word

The bones of eleven women were found buried on the city’s west mesa.

so the facts state that were looking for someone who lives in the area sence 1999 who is an accomplice of David parker ray who kills call girls in sound proof trailers they have it on video they are following a legacy which could mean they look up to this David parker ray and when he went to prison they just might have sent him fan mail or visited him

Police need to take their focus off of a serial killer in this case and focus it on drug cartels, this is not the work of a lone killer. These poor girls were lured into selling or mewling drugs and then they were paid with death. I am sure that if these ladies were students of working mothers or stay at home moms this case would have been solved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2