Person of Interest Identified in Dylan Redwine case * MARK REDWINE ARRESTED**

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
MARK REDWINE ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH THE MURDER OF HIS SON DYLAN!

CLICK HERE TO READ THE LATEST

Investigators: Person of interest identified in Dylan Redwine case

Posted 5:34 pm, July 1, 2015, by Kevin Torres,
Updated at 05:49pm, July 1, 2015

LA PLATA COUNTY, Colo. — Investigators said Wednesday they have identified a person of interest in the murder investigation of Dylan Redwine.

[...]
At this point, investigators have not named the person of interest in the case.

The La Plata County Sherriff’s Office told FOX31 Denver they identified the person of interest during their investigation in the last couple of weeks.
Person of interest identified in Dylan Redwine case on Wednesday
By Elizabeth Hernandez
The Denver Post
Posted: 07/01/2015 05:28:30 PM MDT

[...]
Sheriff's office spokesman Dan Bender said Wednesday that they are not naming the person, but that authorities are hopeful that the investigation of the teenager's 2012 disappearance and death is moving forward.

[...]
In addition to a person of interest, Bender said two searches conducted in June turned up "items of interest," as well.
"Because of information gathered from those searches and other contacts, we're planning on doing more searches in the area," Bender said.

Redwine case has ‘person of interest’
Former FBI criminal profiler helps to advance cold case

By Amy Maestas Herald staff writer
Article Last Updated: Wednesday, July 01, 2015 10:45pm

La Plata County Sheriff’s Office investigators said Wednesday they have identified a “person of interest” in the Dylan Redwine case after a former FBI criminal profiler was hired to help create behavior analyses.

“It’s a fair statement that we are very encouraged that we have crossed the bridge from the unknown to the known,” said Pete Klismet, who retired from the FBI in 1999 after decades with the agency.

Oh my goodness! I'm so happy to read this! This young guy is on my mind often. I hope and pray that an arrest comes from this!

Finally!!!! You've never left my mind Dyl! Justice is coming!

CBS4’s Kelly Werthmann was able to contact Mark Redwine by phone. He told her that he didn’t know anything about the new developments in the case. When Werthmann told him a person of interest has been identified, he said, “One would like to believe that.”

“It’s hard to have emotion when you don’t know what’s going on. I haven’t heard from the sheriff’s department,” Mark Redwine told Werthmann when she asked about the potential break in the case.

He declined a recorded interview, adding he is not in Colorado, but said he “looks forward” to hearing from authorities.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/07/01/report-person-of-interest-identified-in-dylan-redwine-case/

This is such wonderful news - very promising!!

"The La Plata County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday that former FBI profiler Peter Klismet helped investigators create a behavior analysis that led to a person of interest, whom authorities have declined to name.

Klismet was brought on six months ago to review evidence with a fresh perspective. He declined to give any details about the person of interest or the profile that he helped develop. He stopped short of calling this person a suspect.

"There's a distinction between a person of interest and a suspect, and we are at the person of interest stage right now," Klismet said. "I have done a lot of these. I have not been wrong on any of these over the past number of years, and I'm not wrong about this one."

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2015/07/01/person-of-interest-in-redwine-case/29591515/

I followed this case from the beginning for some time but stopped at some point several months in.

Today I came across an article by accident that said POI identified and I got so excited! I admit one of my first thoughts was "oh boy someone we can sleuth!" but then instantly had my excitement abated by the following sentence that says POI's name isn't being released right now.

I wonder though, for the sake of being prepared when one IS announced, does anyone know if arrest records and things like that are available free/easy online for that jurisdiction? Just curious. TIA!

"The person of interest’s name hasn’t been released and nobody is currently in custody. KKTV in Colorado Springs reported that Klismet told them the person of interest has been contacted and is aware of being a person of interest. He wouldn’t confirm if it’s a man or woman. He told KKTV he’s investigated a number of similar cases and has never been wrong, and he’s not wrong in this case."

BBM informative, yet vague. perfectly worded. I hope the killer is quaking in his boots about now.

Justice is coming, Dylan! Prayers for Dylan's family and friends.

"There's a distinction between a person of interest and a suspect, and we are at the person of interest stage right now," Klismet said. "I have done a lot of these. I have not been wrong on any of these over the past number of years, and I'm not wrong about this one."

http://www.9news.com/story/news/loca...case/29591515/

I LOVE his confidence / enthusiasm / positivity! Exactly what Dylan's case needs.

Was it possible to watch MR on Dr Phil and not think he did it? I was interested to see it, and he acts like a major azzhole who really thinks he is going to get away with this. If I knew I was guilty of a crime, first order of business, keep my mouth shut. No interviews, no tv, no polygraphs. But I really think the kind of person who could do this, is the same kind that thinks he is smarter than everyone else and can talk his way out of it.
All MOO, but I really hope they nail him.

I should add, if I am wrong, I owe MR a big apology.

I really, honestly, prayerfully hope that this will not turn out to be just a smoke screen! I am crossing my fingers, toes, and eyelashes! I have had my hopes brought up in a couple of other cases with "news" like this. I just WANT to believe that they are going to nab him and put him behind bars where he belongs!

:rose: Justice for Dylan :rose:

Qmfr:

snip
"I was surprised that they stated they have a person of interest after we filed a wrongful death suit," Harrison said.

"I'm glad that we were able to push the envelope a little bit," Harrison said of the lawsuit. "If anything we do pushes the issue a little bit more, great, that's what we're trying to do.""

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-of-interest-identified-in-dylan-redwine-case

Interesting coincidence imo, timing-wise...

(eta, O/T, I'm reminded of Kelsie Schelling's case, and the suit filed against the Pueblo PD...did this LE also fear a suit? Just a thought...)

so which is it? do they "probably know" or have they "been contacted & are aware"???

"Does the person of interest know they're a person of interest?" asked 7NEWS reporter Marshall Zelinger.

"They probably know they are a person of interest," Bender replied.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-of-interest-identified-in-dylan-redwine-case

"The person of interest’s name hasn’t been released and nobody is currently in custody. KKTV in Colorado Springs reported that Klismet told them the person of interest has been contacted and is aware of being a person of interest. He wouldn’t confirm if it’s a man or woman. He told KKTV he’s investigated a number of similar cases and has never been wrong, and he’s not wrong in this case."

BBM informative, yet vague. perfectly worded. I hope the killer is quaking in his boots about now.

Justice is coming, Dylan! Prayers for Dylan's family and friends.

Klismet said the area where Dylan's remains were found had a bunch of trees, rocks and steep hill climbs. But he said he doesn't look at things in a traditional way.

"I look at behavioral things," Klismet explained. "What was done and what wasn’t done."

He also said that while the area is very steep, in the spot where Dylan's remains were found, it's flatter. It's an area that serves as a foot path and ATV path and some more items connected to the investigation were found there just last month.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...me-scene-to-help-determine-person-of-interest

I believe MR has known he is a person of interest for a long time. And it's my opinion that the former FBI agent Klismet was being deliberately non-specific as to the details of when and by whom the POI was contacted and informed.

The two quotes from Bender and Klismet just read to me like two different ways to be cagey about an answer to the media's question.

After 3 years they found more items. Did they miss these items the first time ? That always shocks me.

items being turned up by snowmelt runoff? small earthquakes? animal or other human disturbance? trees falling? IMO any number of ways evidence could turn up later, when a body is left out in the woods like that.

IIRC the spot where Dylan's remains were found wasn't too far from a turnout on the forest road. It's possible vehicles could've disturbed the landscape too.

I just pray he didn't suffer for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member