New Investigator named

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/ramsey/article/0,1299,DRMN_1296_4039815,00.html

Ex-Telluride marshal takes over Ramsey case
By Charlie Brennan, Rocky Mountain News​

August 30, 2005
There's a new man in charge of the JonBenet Ramsey case.
It's now being supervised by onetime Boulder police investigator Jim Kolar. He joined Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy's office last year after serving about 10 years as chief of the Telluride Town Marshal's office.​

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

The case had been headed by investigator Tom Bennett, a former Arvada detective. He resigned from Lacy's office last month.
Kolar is working for Lacy full time as her chief investigator. She would not estimate how much of his time is spent on the Ramsey case.
"Jim wrote to the Ramseys to inform them of the change and introduce himself," Lacy wrote in an e-mail. "He will be in charge of any follow-up investigation. I have full confidence in his skills."
Kolar had been working closely with Bennett for the past year, Lacy said.
"Since our office assumed responsibility for this case several years ago, Mrs. & Mr. (John) Ramsey have been 100 percent cooperative with our requests for information," she wrote.​

[...]

deandaniellws said:
I hope something happens.:(

dean,

Please don't hold your breath waiting for something to happen. There's no money in the Boulder budget for an active investigation in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case. Not even a penny.

IMO the case was solved six years ago, children were involved, and its been all smoke and mirrors since then.

BlueCrab said:
dean,

Please don't hold your breath waiting for something to happen. There's no money in the Boulder budget for an active investigation in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case. Not even a penny.

IMO the case was solved six years ago, children were involved, and its been all smoke and mirrors since then.

BlueCrab,

This is the part that puzzles me.

If your theory is correct,and they know who murdered JB,but cannot reveal the perp ... then why, unless specifically asked about the Ramsey case,would they voluntarily bring it up,if they want it to "go away"? Why would they put themselves in a position to lie?

capps said:
BlueCrab,

This is the part that puzzles me.

If your theory is correct,and they know who murdered JB,but cannot reveal the perp ... then why, unless specifically asked about the Ramsey case,would they voluntarily bring it up,if they want it to "go away"? Why would they put themselves in a position to lie?

capps,

They aren't acting on their own, they are reacting to pressure from the public -- most of whom are convinced a Ramsey killed JonBenet. The problem the authorities have (the D.A., the courts, etc.) is the case won't go away -- the public won't let it. And that's why the D.A.'s investigators are chasing phantom intruders (who they know don't exist). IMO they want it to appear as though an intruder killed JonBenet and, try as they may with the Bennetts and the Kolars, they just can't find him. Their goal is to put the case to bed as an unsolved murder by an intruder.

BlueCrab

Thanks BlueCrab,I understand what you're saying.

But just the same ... if true,I still don't agree with what they're doing,and ticks me off,that they are settling with a plan,that has Boulder believing there is a dangerous person in their mist. Just my opinion.

capps said:
Thanks BlueCrab,I understand what you're saying.

But just the same ... if true,I still don't agree with what they're doing,and ticks me off,that they are settling with a plan,that has Boulder believing there is a dangerous person in their mist. Just my opinion.

capps,

I agree. I wish the Ramseys would come straight out and admit they've been covering up for a family member. I think the world would gladly forgive everyone involved, including the perpetrator, in exchange for the truth. And JonBenet would receive a loving justice, tempered with forgiveness and understanding.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
dean,

Well BC it's no secret I think your wrong.

I think the grand jury found out that how little real evidence LE had against the R's. Since LE offered no other suspects the GJ had no choice but to do what they did.(nothing).

Not to mention that secrets like that would be really hard to keep in todays info crazy world.

Strangely enough I actually agree with your first sentence.

Zman said:
Well BC it's no secret I think your wrong.

I think the grand jury found out that how little real evidence LE had against the R's. Since LE offered no other suspects the GJ had no choice but to do what they did.(nothing).

Not to mention that secrets like that would be really hard to keep in todays info crazy world.

Strangely enough I actually agree with your first sentence.

Zman,

Strangely enough, I actually agree with your second sentence. There was no incriminating evidence against either John or Patsy because neither of them killed JonBenet. However, they are both deeply involved in the coverup.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
Zman,

Strangely enough, I actually agree with your second sentence. There was no incriminating evidence against either John or Patsy because neither of them killed JonBenet. However, they are both deeply involved in the coverup.

BlueCrab
My second sentence would include all R's, B and JAR also. Because I don't think a R was involved at all I see no reason for any cover up by the JR or PR.

I do have my suspisions about certain people who have a real disdain for people with money, power and connections and write long rambling letters against them.

Zman said:
My second sentence would include all R's, B and JAR also. Because I don't think a R was involved at all I see no reason for any cover up by the JR or PR.

I do have my suspisions about certain people who have a real disdain for people with money, power and connections and write long rambling letters against them.
I don't think you can accuse people of thinking the Ramseys are guilty because they had money, power and connections. It's an easy accusation to make, but not one which holds much water IMO.

I know that many people resent the fact that they thought they were entitled to a pass because of their money, power and connections - and the fact that they tried to put themselves above the law and expected special conditions - not afforded to the common Joe.

I find THAT offensive. I know plenty of very wealthy but nevertheless modest people. In fact, I was talking about one earlier today - a man who owns a large portion of Scotland and you wouldn't know it. He has a very ordinary manner and his daughter wasn't allowed to go on a school trip because she'd already been on one that term!

In the UK, there is an opinion that "old money" has manners and class and "new money" has not. I think it shows a severe lack of class to be more concerned about WHERE an interview was going to take place and for how long than the fact that the interview might help find the person who terrified, tortured and killed your little daughter!

I think it's unfair to be overly critical of how the Ramseys behaved in the IMMEDIATE aftermath of the murder - but in the days/weeks/months afterwards, I think they are fully accountable for their avoidance tactics and lack of co-operation.

They've had plenty of time to express regret for not getting in there and getting their unique witness testimony on record - yet they continue to point the finger of blame at everyone except themselves.

I think it's unfair to be overly critical of how the Ramseys behaved in the IMMEDIATE aftermath of the murder - but in the days/weeks/months afterwards, I think they are fully accountable for their avoidance tactics and lack of co-operation.
They've had plenty of time to express regret for not getting in there and getting their unique witness testimony on record - yet they continue to point the finger of blame at everyone except themselves.

Jayelles,

I agree with the above portion of your post.I don't think the Ramsey's are involved,I think it was bad counseling by their lawyers.But that is no excuse,the Ramsey's should have stepped up at a certain point,and should have done what they needed to do, so the investigation could go forth.

BTW ... the U.S. also has the opinion of "old money" vs "new money",but I don't agree with it. Many of my best friends are "new money" (so to speak),and they are not tacky,,arrogant, or expect different priviledges ... in fact they are delightful!

Jayelles said:
I don't think you can accuse people of thinking the Ramseys are guilty because they had money, power and connections. It's an easy accusation to make, but not one which holds much water IMO.

I know that many people resent the fact that they thought they were entitled to a pass because of their money, power and connections - and the fact that they tried to put themselves above the law and expected special conditions - not afforded to the common Joe.

I find THAT offensive. I know plenty of very wealthy but nevertheless modest people. In fact, I was talking about one earlier today - a man who owns a large portion of Scotland and you wouldn't know it. He has a very ordinary manner and his daughter wasn't allowed to go on a school trip because she'd already been on one that term!

In the UK, there is an opinion that "old money" has manners and class and "new money" has not. I think it shows a severe lack of class to be more concerned about WHERE an interview was going to take place and for how long than the fact that the interview might help find the person who terrified, tortured and killed your little daughter!

I was thinking about FW.
I have no doubt that the R's have nothing to do with JBR's death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back