GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #3 *Arrest*

KateB

Reaction score
Michael and Tina Careccia
635710039230220635-couple.jpg

Tina and Michael Careccia reported missing; couple's vehicle found near Maricopa

MARICOPA, Ariz. - Authorities are looking for a couple that was reported missing Monday after their abandoned vehicle was found and they didn't show up for work. According to Pinal County Sheriff's Office, Michael and Tina Careccia were reported missing by a family member around 7:15 Monday night.

The pair reportedly left for work from their Maricopa residence around 5 a.m., but never arrived. About three hours after they were reported missing, their 2008 Honda Accord was found near North Ralston and West Papago roads.

Pinal County Sheriff's Office
July 2, 2015. 2:30 a.m.
Sheriff Paul Babeu has released an update on the missing persons case of Mike and Tina Careccia.

“Our search of the property on West Papago Road has led to the recovery of two bodies, a man and women that we believe to be Mike and Tina Careccia. As well, we have one male suspected in custody who lives at the property being searched. Family members of the Careccia's have just been notified of the recovery and arrest. Our investigators and staff continue to carefully gather evidence that we believe will prove critical to our investigation and result in a stronger criminal case.”

Thanks to steelman for this case map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?usp=sharing&mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kU0N9GRL6xI8

Help us find Tina and Mike
https://www.facebook.com/Maricopafindmikeandtina

Thread #1
Thread #2

I am confused - I thought they were found next door - yet the map shows they were a block away from their house?

Not the direction I thought this was going to go.......

Link for news conference at noon Arizona time. (45 minutes from now)

Pinal County Sheriff's Office is scheduled to hold a press conference at noon with updates. Watch the news conference LIVE on abc15.com and ABC15 Mobile. (Bookmark our live video link here:

http://www.abc15.com/live

False alarm: after Florence report they went on to other stories. Sorry..

I am confused - I thought they were found next door - yet the map shows they were a block away from their house?

It seems the major points of interest are all in close proximity. The map points are definitely right.

Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 1.19.25 PM.jpg

A - Home
B - Car
L- Bodies

Well.... if Jose turns out to also be the Maricopa Arsonist...& they find out this killing was really about drugs...JV either must have some seriously demented anger issues or was simply perpetrating his own special kind of warnings. Would be interesting to know what was actually going on inside his head. But probably just a scramble of -Nothing Much-. The LE will now have his DNA & it is time to get those computers busy w matches!

Maybe they ought to go ahead and dig up the rest of his property.

Who's to say this is his first rodeo.........?

There is close to 0% chance this was his first time murdering someone. The rap sheet speaks volumes. The life of a plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JV is booked on suspicion of 1st degree murder - that means premeditated. He would be saying drug-deal gone wrong to try to get it downgraded to 2nd degree, to avoid the death penalty. Which isn't to say he's not being truthful, the 1st degree chage may be tactic to get him to confess more willingly.

Did the family know this guy had a long rap sheet?
He was said to have been friends of a family member?
IMOO.

Oh Jose how many lives have you now altered, ruined, & brought to their knees in pain. I didn't know this family, but judging from the posts & FB & they love they felt for eachother.... they must have been caring & loving to have tried to take care of their large family even w circumstances continuously against them. My heart bleeds for the family & on that NOTE anyone affected by depraved murder or violence of any type. My good friend was murdered in the 80s & they still have not found the perp. The pain never goes away for anyone & lives go on but are continuously altered.

Please delete if inappropriate...these remarks are based on opinions and some facts of which I know from being a local. First of all, I am deeply sadden for the family and tragic ending to Mike and Tina's love story but I find it comforting that they were in this life together and left this life together and not alone and were by each others side to the end. This past week, this small community of Maricopa came together to help in anyway possible. During the search (of which I was part of), people talk. Rumor was there was a party, there was an altercation over flirtations (not a fight just a few words exchanged), and then they were gone by morning. The police were informed of this on the day after they went missing. I am not aware of whether this was at the "compound" or at an after party. It is quite possible the family went to bed and the party continued or the party had moved elsewhere and the family was not a witness to this. I do not believe the people in the house ever saw them leave that morning they just assumed they left because that was their plan. If the party had moved to a different location even if its a few doors down then YES they would drive there. That might seem odd to some but this is how it is out here. There are few street lights and people don't just walk around this area. There are coyotes, wild dogs, snakes and unsavory characters. You do not walk, ride your horse or ATV without packing. A lot of us have CCW permits. As far as the drug angle, I do not know. I've only seen them drink coors light. It is a possibility. and it is possible that either the rest of the family didn't know at all or they knew and didn't put it out there for the media and the world. I believe they knew JV. I don't know if they were friends, or anything but this is small town especially in that area. The flying drugs theory is an interesting angle. Up until about 10 years ago this town was mainly a farming town. Within our 30 square mile town limits there is a small airport (cessna, helicopters, ultralights etc) and a sailport (gliders) plus at least 6 others airstrips that I know of that were/are used for crop dusting etc. I'm sure there are others too. Most people in town only know of the 1. As far as the Private investigator goes, he was hired by Tina's brother but some believe he is a friend or an acquaintance and he volunteered his services and he may have gotten a little overzealous with the media attention before doing his homework. The media are sharks out here. I hope this POI is proven guilty and justice is served because he is a . No matter what the circumstances turn out to be no one deserves this.

These darn MSM videos have got more advertisements than a page on Websleuths.

If I already have a Capitol One card, shouldn't I be able to opt out of the lead-in commercial ?

I don't believe this is his first rodeo. He's a mean SOB IMHO.

No telling who else they may find there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back