1246 users online (233 members and 1013 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

WI - Dr. Jeffrey Whiteside, 63, Ephraim, 29 June 2015

Dr. Jeffrey Whiteside

Door County authorities search for missing Fox Valley doctor
    The Door County Sheriff’s Department continued the search Thursday for a missing Grand Chute doctor who was last seen Monday in the Ephraim area of northern Door County:

Dr. Jeffrey Whiteside, 63, is a physician in the Fox Valley area and lives in Grand Chute. He has a boat slip and vacation cabin in Ephraim.

According to a news release from the sheriff’s department, Whiteside was with family on Monday at the boat slip in Ephraim when he walked away.
    http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...ctor/29637135/
    Last edited by KateB; 07-04-2015 at 09:25 AM. Reason: repair broken quote
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I've read some conspiracy theory stuff about Dr Whiteside and a few other recent physician deaths. I'm horrible at doing research on the phone so will post what I've seen related to the deaths later (unless somebody beats me to it)

I think I've heard the same conspiracy stuff as you.

I wonder what was going on at the marina, how the family was acting. We're they acting out, being ugly with each other? Is he sick of some family dynamics and finally did what he had thought about doing, just walking away? Could he be at risk for suicide? Physicians do have a slightly higher suicide rate than the general public.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

No news.

Bump for Dr. Jeffrey Whiteside

More questions than answers emerge in search for doctor

---snip---

Investigators have confirmed the following information:

Whiteside lives in Grand Chute and owns a condominium and boat in Ephraim.

Whiteside was vacationing in Ephraim with family when he disappeared. He had an argument with his wife, Kathi, before he walked away from the marina. The disagreement was not physical, McCarty said.

Kathi Whiteside drove back to Grand Chute after the argument, leaving him without a car.

---snip---

More at the link:

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/ne...ctor/30107991/

Quote Originally Posted by TessDeco View Post

---snip---

Whiteside was vacationing in Ephraim with family when he disappeared. He had an argument with his wife, Kathi, before he walked away from the marina. The disagreement was not physical, McCarty said.

Kathi Whiteside drove back to Grand Chute after the argument, leaving him without a car.

---snip---

More at the link:

It's super suspicious that his wife drove the car home without him and didn't report him missing for several days. I don't like the comment that the police are at the mercy of the family given the above.

Quote Originally Posted by azure View Post
    It's super suspicious that his wife drove the car home without him and didn't report him missing for several days. I don't like the comment that the police are at the mercy of the family given the above.
    completely agree.
    “There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by TessDeco View Post

---snip---

---snip---

More at the link:

Also from the article:

*Why Whiteside's wife would leave him in Door County without a car. He was expected to report for work the next morning. A call
    to Kathi Whiteside was not returned.

* Why it took until July 1 — two days after the argument and one day after concerns by his co-workers — for Whiteside to be reported missing.

*The missing-person alert, which wasn't intended for public distribution but was publicized in a Sturgeon Bay Visitor Center newsletter, said it was not the first time Whiteside had gotten into an argument with his wife and had left. "It's one of the things we're looking into," McCarty said.

The alert said Whiteside has a handgun and has been treated for depression in the past.

"This is information that was given to us, and it's changed several times," McCarty said of the handgun. "That's something we want to verify before we comment definitively he does have one or doesn't."

So this has possibly happened before but not to this extent? Not showing up to work is a huge red flag IMO. Who reported him missing, the co workers of his wife? Wish we knew more.
    Still missing! William Tyrrell, Deorr Kunz, Crystal Rogers, Andrew Alexander and Tanner Skelton.

I can see a possibility of it happening that way. They argue - she drives away and leaves him. She figures he can call a cab and either come home or stay at one of their other places or a friend's house.

When she doesn't hear from him after a few days, she checks on him because she thought he'd come around after a few days cooling off.

There have been times in my 30 years of marriage that I've considered a few days away.

This man has been missing for quite a few days. Has the family made any public pleas for help? Do the police know something?

Was he carrying cash, have accounts that no one is aware of? Staying with a friend? Suicidal?
    Still missing! William Tyrrell, Deorr Kunz, Crystal Rogers, Andrew Alexander and Tanner Skelton.

Quote Originally Posted by freckles View Post
    I can see a possibility of it happening that way. They argue - she drives away and leaves him. She figures he can call a cab and either come home or stay at one of their other places or a friend's house.

When she doesn't hear from him after a few days, she checks on him because she thought he'd come around after a few days cooling off.

There have been times in my 30 years of marriage that I've considered a few days away.
    I've been there too!

Wonder what the argument was about? I can completely understand someone just walking off for a few days, especially after being left to find their own way home. It is not showing up to work that alarms me.

I do believe something happened to him, but the fact that the wife didn't report him missing right away doesn't necessarily point the finger at her

I do believe something happened to him, but the fact that the wife didn't report him missing right away doesn't necessarily point the finger at her
    Agreed.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

But the only info we have here is from the wife. The handgun, the depression, the walking off before could all be fabrications.

I find it telling that by 10am, his coworkers were calling LE for a welfare check. This means either he's dangerously unstable and someone thought he'd finally done himself in, or that he's extremely reliable and would never miss work.

Wish there were other people in his life filling in these details to the media.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast