1234 users online (247 members and 987 guests)  

Websleuths News

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

Anybody have this problem?

I had a terrible time getting in here this time. When I typed www.websleuths.com in the address box, I was directed to www.websleuths.com/ORG. It was a search site. I tried several times and was redirected to the other site. I finally put websleuths in a google search and used one of those links to get here.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    I had a terrible time getting in here this time. When I typed www.websleuths.com in the address box, I was directed to www.websleuths.com/ORG. It was a search site. I tried several times and was redirected to the other site. I finally put websleuths in a google search and used one of those links to get here.

Yes, I have been having this problem for the last few days. I tried to get in a little while and couldn't, but now I'm in. I thought it was my computer. And I have noticed the last few days, that when I am on this site, my computer is so slow, moving from thread to thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpony
    Yes, I have been having this problem for the last few days. I tried to get in a little while and couldn't, but now I'm in. I thought it was my computer. And I have noticed the last few days, that when I am on this site, my computer is so slow, moving from thread to thread.
    I'm glad it's not just me....lol. I wonder what's going on? And how someone else is using Websleuths' URL to redirect people to an almost identically names URL?

I'm glad it's not just me....lol. I wonder what's going on? And how someone else is using Websleuths' URL to redirect people to an almost identically names URL?
    Hope everyone else here, will see this thread, because I'm sure its happening to someone else, besides us two..lol
    Maybe one of the mods will see this, so we can find out whats wrong..

Same here! Whew...thought it was my computer!

Mine is ok today, but boy, what a pain. It's like someone was kidnapping me and sending me somewhere I didn't want to go! LOL.

No WWW

Do not type the "www", only type http://websleuths.com

This should help, some sites do not use the www in the beginning of the URL and this is one of them.

Also, once you get to WS site, right click somewhere on your screen (on the WS site) that is 'blank' (no writing or pictures) then choose 'create shortcut', this will put a link on your desktop that when you click will open your browser and take you directly to WS.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448
    Do not type the "www", only type http://websleuths.com

This should help, some sites do not use the www in the beginning of the URL and this is one of them.

Also, once you get to WS site, right click somewhere on your screen (on the WS site) that is 'blank' (no writing or pictures) then choose 'create shortcut', this will put a link on your desktop that when you click will open your browser and take you directly to WS.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks Christine!

I have web sleuths in my favorites.
    So all I have to do is click on that, and there it is.

I have it in my favorites and as a shortcut on my desktop now. I don't want to miss anything...lol.

Test to see if I can post

Quote Originally Posted by tompettyfan
    Test to see if I can post
    Welcome tompettyfan!

Quote Originally Posted by chicoliving
    Welcome tompettyfan!
    Thanks! I'm immersed in reading so far...excellent site!

Quote Originally Posted by tompettyfan
    Thanks! I'm immersed in reading so far...excellent site!
    Glad you like it. Make yourself at home. And welcome to WS.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Test

This is only a test to check if I can reply. I kept trying to sign in and it would welcome me then I couldn't reply...test only. have a nice evening!