1047 users online (271 members and 776 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Raven Campbell, 31, Lomita, 4 June 2009 *Arrest*

dailybreeze.com:

Human remains found in wall at Lomita housing
    project may be those of woman missing since 2009

As coroner’s officials excavated human remains from inside the wall of an apartment at a Lomita housing project Thursday, relatives of a woman who went missing six years ago said there’s no doubt they belong to their long-lost loved one.

It could take weeks before the remains are identified, sheriff’s investigators said. According to family members who spent the past few weeks scouring neighborhoods with fliers, authorities were led to the grisly scene by an anonymous tip generated in the missing-person case of Raven Joy Campbell.
    ---
    much more at link above

Amazing that victim was there all along....it seems. Top notch house search at the time. ...not!

I've been following this in the news, it's so gruesome. New people were now living in that house, could you imagine?? I hope this brings some closure to the missing woman's family and some much needed Justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GigTu is offline ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ
    So how did some guy know to lead them to search a wall? A specific wall.

Hinky.

In the first post it has a link and there it gives a little more detail not much but has some pics ..Gotta love the Police officer standing over the evidence and a corpse just leaning back crossed legs all relaxed just having himself a Latte....lol
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

Quote Originally Posted by GigTu View Post
    So how did some guy know to lead them to search a wall? A specific wall.

Hinky.
    He knew about it all along, finally his conscience got tweaked by the recent TV show and some reward money?? But he may be afraid of whoever killed her and just cleared his conscience?? We may never know.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by CanManEh View Post
    In the first post it has a link and there it gives a little more detail not much but has some pics ..Gotta love the Police officer standing over the evidence and a corpse just leaning back crossed legs all relaxed just having himself a Latte....lol
    Yeah. They fit remains from a cement wall into that little evidence cooler and leave it sitting out. I suppose you expect the cop to be retching into the grass because an evidence cooler is in his vicinity. And every time a surgeon cuts into flesh he has to be repulsed and unable to carry on.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Thanks, mods, I like new title!

Raven Joy Campbell

Above Images: Campbell, circa 2009

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: June 4, 2009 from Lomita, California
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date of Birth: December 8, 1977
    Height and Weight: 5'4, 178 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes.
    Medical Conditions: Campbell has a diminished mental capacity and is classified as disabled.

Details of Disappearance

Campbell was last seen at her home in the 26000 block of Western Avenue in Lomita, California on June 4, 2009. On the day of her disappearance, her family went on a trip but Campbell decided to stay home. While they were gone, at approximately 12:00 p.m., she left the residence and never returned. She has never been heard from again. Campbell was receiving Social Security benefits at the time of her disappearance and investigators believe she could have been taken advantage of by some person or persons who wanted to steal her money.

In July 2015, residents of Campbell's former apartment at Harbor Hills Housing Project found a body hidden inside the walls. Locals had been complaining about the smell for years. Campbell's family speculates that it may be hers, but the remains have yet to be identified and her disappearance remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department
    323-890-5500

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ell_raven.html

SPECIAL BULLETIN MISSING PERSON: Raven Joy Campbell
    Published February 25, 2011
    http://lasentinel.net/special-bullet...-campbell.html

Hello! Nothing makes sense to me. The family went out of town but she "supposedly" left the house around 12pm. Who saw her leave? When the family returned, wouldn't someone have noticed something "odd" about the cemented wall when they returned? Surely the cement wouldn't have dried that same day and even if it did, fresh cement looks a different than cement that has been there. JMO, I'm glad there has been some closure to this case but have a feeling more questions and details will arise!
    Last edited by msrica972; 07-09-2015 at 04:19 PM.

this story just baffles me....
    “There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Body Found in Lomita-Area Apartment Wall ID’d as Woman Who Disappeared in 2009
    Posted 1:09 PM, July 9, 2015
    http://ktla.com/2015/07/09/body-foun...eared-in-2009/
    The body was confirmed to be Raven Campbell’s by the coroner’s office Thursday, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department announced.
    RIP Raven.

This bothers me. Mitrice Richardson and Raven Campbell were treated the same way by the LASD in 2009. Limited effort was put into the investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by msrica972 View Post
    Hello! Nothing makes sense to me. The family went out of town but she "supposedly" left the house around 12pm. Who saw her leave? When the family returned, wouldn't someone have noticed something "odd" about the cemented wall when they returned? Surely the cement wouldn't have dried that same day and even if it did, fresh cement looks a different than cement that has been there. JMO, I'm glad there has been some closure to this case but have a feeling more questions and details will arise!
    That blip from charleyproject that KateB posted is confusing and unclear. If you read the article linked in the original post, it explains it better.

The remains weren't found in her family's home, but in the home of someone that she apparently had moved in with.

From the article in the OP:

Campbell lived with her mother in Los Angeles until 2008, when the woman had a stroke and Campbell moved in with her brother in Hesperia. She had a son who did not live with her, and she survived on government disability benefits, Kemp said.
    Things didn’t go well in Hesperia, so Campbell moved into an assisted-living home in Los Angeles.

She grew distant from her family members and, months later, they learned she had moved in with a high school friend named Nicole, who lived at the Harbor Hills apartment where the remains were found.
    Last edited by Redux; 07-10-2015 at 11:08 AM.

What happened to Erica Jayne Franolich?
    Missing from Middleburgh, NY, October 1986

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast