Curacao - Amanda Waller, 28, of TX, last seen snorkeling, 25 June 2015

Sporky

The fork is mightier than the spoon.
Reaction score
http://abc13.com/news/husband-of-katy-woman-who-disappeared-in-caribbean-speaks-out/825121/

"To set the facts straight, she was snorkeling with a group of friends," Allan Waller tells Eyewitness News. "And at some point, the three became separated. And when I surfaced from the dive I was doing with my best friend, they already had begun a search for her."

He says the Coast Guard quickly joined the search, and more than 50 volunteer divers looked for her well into the weekend. But no Amanda.

Desperate search for American woman, 28, who went missing while on a group snorkeling trip four days ago during Caribbean vacation with her husband
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ays-disappearing-group-snorkeling-outing.html
2A15AD9400000578-3143150-image-m-25_1435583310192.jpg

Something real wrong with this case. Read about it and saw some interviews. Something more to it.

Oh thank goodness someone posted about this! I have been following this story and checking WS to see if anyone had posted it yet. I tried to do it myself yesterday (first time ever attempting to do that) and it wouldn't let me post - kept saying "missing prefix"??

Anyway, this whole thing is very hinky. My first thought was human trafficking because this area (Curacao) I have heard of before in similar incidents (Amy Bradley comes to mind). The family set up a ******** to fund a search for her but now an update on it seems to indicate that they believe she's deceased and the money will instead be spent on her funeral/memorial as well as a donation to some of the searchers.

I have questions about all of this. Like why are they so quick to declare her dead when no body has been found? From what u understand this is not deep water and it's pretty clear water. How could someone completely vanish? My hinky meter is off the charts on this one. She is a beautiful lady and I pray she's found safe!

Oh thank goodness someone posted about this! I have been following this story and checking WS to see if anyone had posted it yet. I tried to do it myself yesterday (first time ever attempting to do that) and it wouldn't let me post - kept saying "missing prefix"??

Anyway, this whole thing is very hinky. My first thought was human trafficking because this area (Curacao) I have heard of before in similar incidents (Amy Bradley comes to mind). The family set up a ******** to fund a search for her but now an update on it seems to indicate that they believe she's deceased and the money will instead be spent on her funeral/memorial as well as a donation to some of the searchers.

I have questions about all of this. Like why are they so quick to declare her dead when no body has been found? From what u understand this is not deep water and it's pretty clear water. How could someone completely vanish? My hinky meter is off the charts on this one. She is a beautiful lady and I pray she's found safe!

He is just acting so matter of fact in interviews, saying they have to move forward and bring closure to the family. That he thinks she is dead and it has only been a few days. They have only been together for 3 years, just something so off here. I am hoping the police are looking at this case closer.

Yes QueenMictlan and I also thought it was strange that he brought up the fact that his wife had discussed wanting him to move on and find love again. Just an odd statement to make at this point in time, IMO. They seem like a lovely couple and I don't want to think something is amiss there but I admit I did find some of his statements and demeanor to be...unexpected at a time like this.

His statements ARE odd, but maybe he's just kind of an odd guy? I know people who make odd statements all the time - maybe he's one of them? He seems very . . . analytical and is speaking of this disappearance as if it were years ago, not days. The way he talks about his FIL saying "you've gone above and beyond in the search" - IMHO, in a few days, it's not POSSIBLE to go "above and beyond". He's talking as if he's been searching for her tirelessly for months.

I do have to say, I very very near drowned snorkeling and I'm a very strong swimmer, and bouyant. I was in the Caymen Islands and although the water looked calm and peaceful, I was carried out to sea in a cross-current. I suspect that's what happened to her.

But I'd also like to know if all these things are true:

1. She was snorkeling with actual friends, who knew who she was and agree that she said she was going to swim back to the beach to be with her pregnant friend while they still snorkeled
2. The pregnant friend was waiting on the beach for her to arrive and join her
3. Her husband really was completly separated from the group that was snorkeling, and he was witnessed by his friend to be diving the entire time, away from where she was.

Very good observations and questions JeannaT! I hope we get a little more information and if she is in fact deceased, I truly hope they find her remains.

[bbm]

there's a little drop-down box where you select the state/province & it's inserted at the beginning of the thread title

HTH

Thank you LadyL! When I clicked the drop down, nothing was there. I was on my phone so maybe that's why. I'll try it from the laptop next time! :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ays-disappearing-group-snorkeling-outing.html

An American woman vacationing on the island of Curacao has been missing for four days, after disappearing without a trace during a snorkeling excursion.

Amanda Waller, 28, was last seen Thursday afternoon, swimming back to shore after about half an hour of snorkeling off Cas Abou Beach.

By the time her husband Allan returned to the beach 20 minutes later, Amanda was nowhere to be seen.

It's not known whether Amanda ever made it back to shore.

Amanda and her husband were on the trip to Curacao - an island off the coast of Venezuela

Video of someone snorkeling on Cas Abao beach.
[video=youtube;F6OIi_BWEEk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6OIi_BWEEk[/video]

Cas Abou is the beach next to Porto Marie where Amy Bradley was seen with Alister Douglas in August of 1998. Amy was seen on the beach by David Carmichael, a Canadian scuba diver. David passed polygraphs and testified for a Federal Grand Jury about what he witnessed.

I can't imagine someone kidnapping her while snorkeling or on that busy beach. These kinds of cases are always baffling (I'm thinking about Robyn Gardner AND Amy Bradley), because accidents do happen, and in this case no one seems hinky yet.

She told him to move on and find love again?
Suicidal?

http://www.click2houston.com/news/h...g-while-snorkeling-says-wife-is-dead/33971142

I do not think Amanda received a proper and thorough investigation. I am interested to know what makes him so sure she died, and how trafficking was ruled out by US LE so quickly, how murder was ruled out so quickly - was this seriously left up to the Coast Guard? To be sure of death, they would need some evidence to suggest it. I feel like a giant squid pulling her under is more likely than just drowning when the water is that shallow, clear and calm. Her body also would have been washed ashore eventually, as she was apparently on the shore side of the sand bar and heading inland. There is no press release from the US Consolate, barely any news coverage. I feel like someone got away with this woman's life and it really angers me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back