655 users online (80 members and 575 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 69
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,536
    I had heard earlier that the gun had come from an agent of the Bureau of Land Management. But I never heard what type of gun it was.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Coos Bay, Oregon
    Posts
    3,464
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieWind View Post
    I had heard earlier that the gun had come from an agent of the Bureau of Land Management. But I never heard what type of gun it was.
    Investigators still are trying to determine how Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez, the man accused in Steinle's killing, allegedly obtained the .40-caliber pistol, according to the source.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/08/us/san-francisco-killing/index.html

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    L.I., NY
    Posts
    6,487
    News conference on now.

    Wow this Sheriif is great. I think he is saying ICE screwed up...he said ICE failed to obtained warrant for deportation action. Also saying the Mayor is throwing his own law under the bus!
    Last edited by trigger; 07-10-2015 at 01:29 PM.
    The World Has Gone Mad.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,536
    Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    News conference on now.

    Wow this Sheriif is great. I think he is saying ICE screwed up...he said ICE failed to obtained warrant for deportation action. Also saying the Mayor is throwing his own law under the bus!
    Everyone is just pointing the finger at everyone else. Nothing will change.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,160
    Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    News conference on now.

    Wow this Sheriif is great. I think he is saying ICE screwed up...he said ICE failed to obtained warrant for deportation action. Also saying the Mayor is throwing his own law under the bus!
    Actually I think the opposite of him, he previously beat up his wife. And I read that ICE did have a warrant.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Left Coast USA
    Posts
    8,843
    Ross Mirkarimi, the so-called Sheriff is incompetent in my opinion.

    His domestic abuse issues were real.

    Wikipedia says it best: "Mirkarimi was elected sheriff in November 2011. He served from January to March 2012, at which time he was charged with domestic violence battery, child endangerment, and dissuading a witness in connection with a December 31, 2011 New Year's Eve altercation with his wife, and Mayor Ed Lee suspended him from office pending an ethics investigation.
    Mirkarimi pleaded guilty to one count of misdemeanor false imprisonment.
    According to the San Francisco city charter, removing a public official for misconduct requires the vote of nine of eleven supervisors; only seven supervisors voted to remove Mirkarimi from his office and he was reinstated in October 2012."

    In 2013, a woman patient at SF General Hospital disappeared. The Sheriff's Office is in charge of patrolling and securing the hospital. After she was reported missing it took the Sheriff's Office NINE DAYS to begin a search for her and, they did not find her. Ultimately, after two weeks, the missing women's dead body was discovered by a hospital worker in a stairwell of the hospital.

    In November of last year, one of Mirkarimi's hospital deputies claimed he was assaulted by a patient. It took the City attorney to discover that in fact, it was the Deputy Sheriff who assaulted the patient. The deputy was prosecuted, found guilty, and I assume he was fired.

    And now this murder. With Mirkarimi, it is never ever his fault. What in the world made him think that San Francisco would prosecute someone for a 20 year old marijuana charge?

    I detest him. I did not vote for him, and I will never vote for him (he is quietly running for reelection this November). He is incompetent.

    However, with that said, I think Homeland Security and ICE are to blame as well. Deported five times? Someone there is not doing an adequate job. In my opinion this Homeland Security thing is just a giant bureaucracy and fairly worthless.

    What would Brownie do?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,160

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    Ross Mirkarimi, the so-called Sheriff is incompetent in my opinion.

    His domestic abuse issues were real.
    Wikipedia says it best: "Mirkarimi was elected sheriff in November 2011. He served from January to March 2012, at which time he was charged with domestic violence battery, child endangerment, and dissuading a witness in connection with a December 31, 2011 New Year's Eve altercation with his wife, and Mayor Ed Lee suspended him from office pending an ethics investigation.
    Mirkarimi pleaded guilty to one count of misdemeanor false imprisonment.
    According to the San Francisco city charter, removing a public official for misconduct requires the vote of nine of eleven supervisors; only seven supervisors voted to remove Mirkarimi from his office and he was reinstated in October 2012."

    In 2013, a woman patient at SF General Hospital disappeared. The Sheriff's Office is in charge of patrolling and securing the hospital. After she was reported missing it took the Sheriff's Office NINE DAYS to begin a search for her and, they did not find her. Ultimately, after two weeks, the missing women's dead body was discovered by a hospital worker in a stairwell of the hospital.

    In November of last year, one of Mirkarimi's hospital deputies claimed he was assaulted by a patient. It took the City attorney to discover that in fact, it was the Deputy Sheriff who assaulted the patient. The deputy was prosecuted, found guilty, and I assume he was fired.

    And now this murder. With Mirkarimi, it is never ever his fault. What in the world made him think that San Francisco would prosecute someone for a 20 year old marijuana charge?

    I detest him. I did not vote for him, and I will never vote for him (he is quietly running for reelection this November). He is incompetent.

    However, with that said, I think Homeland Security and ICE are to blame as well. Deported five times? Someone there is not doing an adequate job. In my opinion this Homeland Security thing is just a giant bureaucracy and fairly worthless.

    What would Brownie do?
    Who's Brownie??? Willie Brown? I loved him. Now he, Gavin Newsome, and Dianne Feinstein were competent mayors of S.F.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Left Coast USA
    Posts
    8,843
    Sorry, maybe I was a little too obtuse. Brownie, the first Homeland Security guy.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,231
    The one that did a heck of a job? lol!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    37
    Wow - I've had to listen to a week of immigration policy debate. Poor Kate Steinle, a positive force in the world ended. This is not an immigration issue. Yes she was murdered by someone who should have been deported, but I work in downtown SF. The city is crawling with mentally ill individuals and the country has a history of releasing repeat offenders who commit new crimes. This could just as easily have been a US citizen with a gun, or 4 DUIs. It was random, scary, tragic, violence and yes with a gun which apparently any one can obtain via purchase or theft. I was a local tourist - the day before - strolling the Ferry Building and Pier 39 with my two young sons - so it hits home - it could have been me. But his nationality is irrelevant to the story. Many Many Many criminals should not even have "been there" "been out of Prison" "been overlooked for parole violations" etc.... I was accosted once in daylight along with two male co-workers. A homeless man told us "he should slit our throats" he had a Texas drawl.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    328
    I have heard that she was shot 3 times. Is this correct? If so, I am very suspicious as to what happened. Was she shot at point blank range? I have not heard many details about the shooting other than this fellow saying the gun just went off.
    I think it is unfortunate that the shooters citizen status has become the issue in this case.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Left Coast USA
    Posts
    8,843
    This ia a good article about "Kate" from a few days ago.

    S.F. shooting victim Kate Steinle: 'She was about loving people,' friends say
    Julia Prodis Sulekjsulek@mercurynews.com
    POSTED: 07/08/2015 08:07:41 PM PDT


    http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-...on-debate-over

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,231
    'We've not heard a word': Family of woman shot dead on San Francisco pier criticize Obama for not contacting them as they demand mandatory jail sentences for deported criminals who return to the U.S.

    Jim Steinle and Liz Sullivan, of Pleasanton, California, were interviewed for a Monday segment on The O'Reilly Factor

    The case has fueled a national debate, with advocates of stricter border control denouncing San Francisco as an immigrant 'sanctuary'

    Steinle, who was at his daughter's side when she was shot, said the proposed 'Kate's Law' would be a good way to keep her memory alive

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3fq4ncfQ2

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Heart of Acadiana
    Posts
    1,939
    Kathryn Steinle's family calls for harsher punishment for illegal immigrants who re-enter America

    http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-...who?source=rss

    The national uproar over immigration policy continued Monday, as Kathryn Steinle's parents said federal and local authorities "let us down" by allowing a repeatedly deported felon back on the streets before he allegedly killed their daughter as she was strolling on a pier in San Francisco.
    Obama’s silence on Kathryn Steinle killing is deafening

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...9ec_story.html

    Why has Obama been so reticent to speak out? Perhaps it is because any soul-searching in this case would require him to confront the fact that his administration has been releasing tens of thousands of dangerous illegal immigrants with criminal convictions into our communities — including many who have gone on to commit murder.

    After Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown and Freddie Gray were killed, Obama had liberal public policy points he wanted to make — about gun control, “stand your ground” laws, racial profiling and police bias. In the Steinle case, there are no issues Obama wants to highlight — because his administration supports the policies that led to her death. No wonder Obama is silent.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,231
    from above link....

    "Steinle, who was at his daughter's side when she was shot, and his wife said the proposed 'Kate's Law' would be a good way to keep her memory alive.

    "(Bill) O'Reilly is collecting signatures for the petition, which would impose a mandatory five years in federal prison for people who are deported and return."

    'We feel the federal, state and cities their laws are here to protect us,' Jim Steinle said. 'But we feel that this particular set of circumstances and the people involved, the different agencies let us down."

    'It'll be a legacy in her name and her death would not go unnoticed.'


    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3fq5bTUAE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY Canada - Sammy Yatim, 18, fatally shot by Toronto LE, 27 July 2013
    By tarabull in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 04-02-2017, 12:14 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-17-2017, 11:05 AM
  3. CA - Mario Woods, 26, shot by LE, San Francisco, 2 Dec 2015
    By bluesneakers in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 11-01-2016, 05:59 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-02-2015, 07:59 AM

Tags for this Thread