Turkey - Baby floats nearly a mile out to sea, parents forgot her, JULY 2015

zwiebel

Reaction score
A 10-month-old baby girl had to be rescued by coastguards in Küçükkuyu, Turkey, after her parents placed her in a float and forgot about her.

Little Melda Ilgın was almost a mile out to sea when coastguards reached her, thankfully still safe in her bright yellow float. It's just visible as a large dot in front of the coastguard vessel. Photos at the link show the baby unharmed in mom's arms but looking distressed.

http://www.independent.ie/world-new...by-left-to-drift-1km-out-to-sea-31350166.html

Attachments

• slide_437966_5747854_free.jpg
    slide_437966_5747854_free.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 177
The reason we are put on earth is to procreate. "Go forth and multiply . . ." The beauty of the sun, ocean, literature, math, helping others, family, etc., is a great gift we are given. But our primary purpose is the youngsters we all raise (whether you have children of your own or not) & they just forget!? This is like these so-called accidental hot car deaths. I cannot understand it unless alcohol or drugs are involved. And that, to me, is criminal. Get a reasonably intelligent babysitter!

I read about this yesterday and was immediately outraged at how irresponsible these parents were. I hope to God that Turkey's equivalent to CPS is involved - I am stunned that this child didn't drown. I'd better not say anything more because my first thoughts after reading this story were very unkind toward these idiotic parents.

:facepalm: :mad: I just don't understand....................................

Thankfully she was in that float, and thankfully she did not drown. I cannot comprehend such negligence, whether it is this incident or leaving a child unattended in a hot car, or anywhere for that matter. If people cannot give their children 100% of their attention to keep them out of harm's way they should not have them. One does not just "forget".

MOO

Not to make a joke but good thing her parents were not vacationing off the coast of N.Carolina. I wonder if there are sharks in the waters off Turkey?

The reason we are put on earth is to procreate. "Go forth and multiply . . ." The beauty of the sun, ocean, literature, math, helping others, family, etc., is a great gift we are given. But our primary purpose is the youngsters we all raise (whether you have children of your own or not) & they just forget!? This is like these so-called accidental hot car deaths. I cannot understand it unless alcohol or drugs are involved. And that, to me, is criminal. Get a reasonably intelligent babysitter!

I wish you'd rethink your first sentence. As the rest of your post suggests, you know that many of us devote our lives to raising the children of others or contributing to the betterment of mankind as a whole. And you know that it "takes a village", that future generations require assistance from all of us.

While procreation may be our "biological purpose" as a species, surely individual human beings can't be reduced to mere distributors of DNA!

Not to make a joke but good thing her parents were not vacationing off the coast of N.Carolina. I wonder if there are sharks in the waters off Turkey?

I believe there are sharks in all seas and oceans. Whether those off Turkey are man-eaters, I don't know; but I suspect a lot of creatures might "sample" a baby while leaving an adult alone.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalloryK
Back