Found Deceased MI - Omarion Humphrey, 8, Lake Callis, 4 Jul 2015

Jan

Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/ABC12WJRT?fref=nf

An 8 year old boy has been missing for an hour at the new Callis lake park less than 3 miles from our house. We were at the lake swimming yesterday. It is a man made lake that just opened on June 20th. The lake and park are on lock down while crews are searching for the boy. It is on channel 12 news in Flint on their facebook news page. I don't know if the boy was on land or water when he disappeared. The park has a very small lake but its said to have an under tow problem. There is a splash pad and some sand volleyball courts and a large pavilion and smaller pavilions and bath houses, rest rooms, concession stand. There is almost no crime in this area and you have to pay to get into the park or buy an annual pass. I sure hope this little guy will be found alive.

http://www.abc12.com/home/headlines...issing-boy-in-Davison-Township-311650231.html

This article says the boy is 9 and autistic. Nowhere has it been said that he was swimming when he disappeared. In fact, no one seems to know exactly where he disappeared from. And one person commented that he had wandered away several times before. There is a very big city park behind the new lake park that has a playscape, skateboard place, playgrounds, trails, picnic area, etc. He could have ducked under the driveway bar that says "stop" and gone into that park from the lake park. Also, across the street is a big dog park and a creek next to it and loads of trails that go for miles. There is also a train track right next to all these parks. Trains use the track frequently.

Helicopter Trooper III is up looking for the boy. The police K-9's were called out but they don't know a starting point to look for him as nobody seems to know where he was in the half hour before he was discovered to be missing. A group with 20 horses and riders has offered to help search. The trails and fence lines are being searched. It's said he liked dogs so the dog park was searched. It was also said he is afraid of water but also that he was unsupervised in the splash pad. It will be getting dark soon, the mosquitos are out in full force, and soon there will be fireworks going up everywhere and lots of loud noise. That could easily scare an autistic child. I hear the helicopter going over our house right now. Someone in our subdivision sends up about an hour long firewords display every 4th of July, so soon our streets will be crammed with people milling around in the dark. I just hope and pray they find this child safe and get him home to his family.

Autism= water. Hope it is not equal, this time.

I just now, at 9:45 p.m., got the alert call from the police about the missing boy. They said he is severely autistic and unable to speak but that he will respond to the name "Mars" if you call out his name. He is barefoot and only wearing a pair of red and black shorts. The boy has been missing for about 4 hours now and it's totally dark outside at this time, plus the mosquitos are thick and we are hearing constant fireworks. Many citizens have been out walking the trails and around the parks and the town looking for the boy. The helicopter was even searching the woods behind Kroger, several miles away. If he is alive somewhere outside, he must be scared to death.

This is horrible. Poor little guy. I just got through chasing one of our cats who had gotten outside..so worried because the fireworks were fixing to start. I can't imagine how the parents feel with all of that going on with an autistic child.

On the FB page it is asking residents to check garages and sheds. Are there homes around the park area?

Yes, there are homes and subdivisions all around the area where the boy went missing. It's close to downtown Davison, just outside the city in the township. Here is the latest from police:
ABC12: Your Trusted Source! WJRT-TV
BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Volunteers are being asked to put together search and rescue teams for the search of a 9-year-old boy with autism by the name of Omarion Humphrey. A dive team is at Lake Callis right now searching for the boy, along with multiple police and K-9 units. Residents are also being asked to look in cars, garages, and sheds- anywhere he might have wandered into. If you have any information please contact police immediately.

I was told that they will continue to search all night for a handicapped child. Searchers are meeting at the pavilion in the Lake Callis park and people are asked to bring water for searchers. I took photos at the park yesterday that he went missing from but I don't know how to post any of them here.

Omarion "Mars" Humphrey
11692486_10153360468756352_3223391665699688218_n.png

https://www.facebook.com/ABC12WJRT/...97758846351/10153360468756352/?type=1&theater

It's after midnight and the boy has still not been found. Divers are searching in the water in the dark. There are 3 search dogs out searching. Teams of searchers are being divided up and told where to search. They were told to wear tennis shoes or boots, long pants, and to bring bug spray and flashlights. People are delivering water and bug spray to headquarters at the big pavilion at Lake Callis. Teams are going out with flashlights to search in the dark. Nearby buildings have been searched where there is construction. The search is expected to go on all night or until the boy is found. Witnesses say that the boy had to be returned to his family several times during the day because they didn't watch him (local gossip). Earlier in the day he had been missing for an hour when the park staff found him in the splash pad. This time he'd been gone for a half hour before his family noticed that he was missing (local gossip). I sure hope he isn't in the lake and didn't get kidnapped by someone while he was wandering around. The temperature here is 61 with 87% humidity, so it won't be too cold tonight but the mosquitos are terrible. The water in the lake was ice cold yesterday but I don't know about today.

My adult son and daughter went to offer to search but were turned away because they aren't taking more searchers until morning. My son is a special education teacher and has an 11 year old autistic boy. He said the boy could easily be curled up in a tiny place somewhere hiding.

Praying Mars is found safely soon!

My adult son and daughter went to offer to search but were turned away because they aren't taking more searchers until morning. My son is a special education teacher and has an 11 year old autistic boy. He said the boy could easily be curled up in a tiny place somewhere hiding.

You should be very proud of your children!

Yes, there are homes and subdivisions all around the area where the boy went missing. It's close to downtown Davison, just outside the city in the township. Here is the latest from police:
ABC12: Your Trusted Source! WJRT-TV
BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Volunteers are being asked to put together search and rescue teams for the search of a 9-year-old boy with autism by the name of Omarion Humphrey. A dive team is at Lake Callis right now searching for the boy, along with multiple police and K-9 units. Residents are also being asked to look in cars, garages, and sheds- anywhere he might have wandered into. If you have any information please contact police immediately.

I was told that they will continue to search all night for a handicapped child. Searchers are meeting at the pavilion in the Lake Callis park and people are asked to bring water for searchers. I took photos at the park yesterday that he went missing from but I don't know how to post any of them here.

It sounds like they are pulling out all the stops to find this sweet boy. :please:

It's 2:30 a.m.. The dive team finished the search of the lake and he wasn't found in the lake. The manager of the park who was on duty today said they asked the family 4 times today to supervise the boy better and he went missing 3 times today before the final time when he hasn't been found. They are only letting search parties go out in the dark if they are an organized search party or if they have one search and rescue person in the group. However, some people went out to search the trails alone anyway. The closest store says it is nearly out of flashlights!

It's 2:30 a.m.. The dive team finished the search of the lake and he wasn't found in the lake. The manager of the park who was on duty today said they asked the family 4 times today to supervise the boy better and he went missing 3 times today before the final time when he hasn't been found. They are only letting search parties go out in the dark if they are an organized search party or if they have one search and rescue person in the group. However, some people went out to search the trails alone anyway. The closest store says it is nearly out of flashlights!

If there is any "good" part in a missing child case, especially an autistic child, it is that he hasnt been found in the lake. I hope that means he really isnt in there, not just not found.

As for what the locals are saying, I wish parents would pay more attention to their children. I dont understand how a parent with a special needs child (or any child) could just assume that a child is safe both around strangers and water. On top of all that, I am curious what the child was doing that kept drawing their attention to him not being watched. That was in no way meant to blame the child, just makes me wonder why so many strangers were paying him so much attention that the parents didnt notice. It also makes me wonder if someone didnt get fed up with the child being unsupervised and decided to prove a point. This doesnt seem logical though that someone would be willing to be arrested for kidnapping just to prove to the parents that it could happen.

I hope he is safe and just hiding from the fireworks.

Bless their hearts. I am so thrilled they're looking for him. Tonight I really needed to hear something good about human nature. Thank you.

I hope they charge the parents with neglect regardless of the outcome.
Being asked to supervise your child better 3 separate times is more than enough. :twocents:

We got another alert on our phone this morning saying that Mars is still missing and to keep watch for him. There have been no sightings and no clues to where he might be. I believe new search groups are being sent out this morning and that they asked for as many people as possible to come and search. They will probably go over the same ground again and fan out farther too. He may be holed up hiding somewhere and scared to come out. He must be thirsty, hungry, and covered with bug bites by now if he is outside. He was barefoot also, so he could have sore feet if he has been walking around. His clothes would have been wet yesterday from being in the splash pad. There are snakes in the woods and fields too but not poisonous ones.

We got another alert on our phone this morning saying that Mars is still missing and to keep watch for him. There have been no sightings and no clues to where he might be. I believe new search groups are being sent out this morning and that they asked for as many people as possible to come and search. They will probably go over the same ground again and fan out farther too. He may be holed up hiding somewhere and scared to come out. He must be thirsty, hungry, and covered with bug bites by now if he is outside. He was barefoot also, so he could have sore feet if he has been walking around. His clothes would have been wet yesterday from being in the splash pad. There are snakes in the woods and fields too but not poisonous ones.

Thank you for the update. This is going to need Divine Intervention and a little luck IMO. None of the circumstances sound good at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back