GUILTY UK - Melanie Road, 17, stabbed to death, Bath, 9 June 1984

Interesting name of the person they have in custody... I won't say anymore than that until more information comes out in the press or with some of the folks I know in Bath.

Good work by police in catching him even after all this time. I would imagine it's advances in DNA that's helped them catch him.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks wfgodot..

I posted such links to the Melanie Hall thread by mistake.

This one is close to home... I'm interested in seeing who the man is. I hope there is a court artist at Bath Magistrates.

Is there a case thread for this case, I can't find it. I'm surprised because it was/is quite a well known case in the UK.

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Mela...ey-arguments/story-29090063-detail/story.html

Melanie's family have been waiting for justice ever since the A-student's body was found in Bath more than 30 years ago.

The Bath High School student had been on a night out with friends at the now-closed Beau Nash nightclub in Kingston Road on Friday, June 8, 1984.

Her body was found early the following morning by a milkman and his young son close to a block of garages in nearby St Stephen's Court. She had been sexually assaulted and stabbed repeatedly in the chest and back.

Changed his plea to guilty:

Christopher Hampton, who changed his plea to guilty as his murder trial was due to begin at Bristol Crown Court, must serve a minimum term of 22 years.Hampton, 64, was caught in 2015 after police linked DNA from Melanie's clothing to his daughter.

She had been arrested aged 41 in 2014 for a "minor incident" and her DNA profile was taken, leading the police to her father.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-36245888

A killer who was jailed for the 1984 murder of Melanie Road is being investigated over a chillingly similar unsolved case, it has emerged.

Christopher Hampton was given a life sentence yesterday after he admitted raping 17-year-old A-level student Miss Road before knifing her to death after she left a Bath nightclub in 1984.

The circumstances mirror the fate of Melanie Hall, 25, who disappeared after leaving a Bath nightclub in 1996 – 12 years to the day from the murder of Miss Road.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ton-kill-woman-12-years-day-Melanie-Road.html

I was correct in who I thought it was, shocking that I personally knew the family of the guilty party.

For those of you interested in this case. CBS Reality in the UK are doing a documentary due to air entitled, 'Uncovering Melanie's Murderer', on Monday August 29th at 22:00 hrs.

The sidelined woman detective who solved a brutal cold case murder

1689745681506.png

It is nearly 40 years since the warm summer morning in June 1984 when Jean, then a 49-year-old teacher, and her civil servant husband Anthony woke to the realisation that their daughter — a sensible girl — had not returned home from a night out with friends at a local nightclub in Bath.

Amid their rising panic, they then heard an amplified voice in the street outside from a police Tannoy, asking 'does anyone know Melanie?'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back