OH Cincinnati July 4th festivites end in a major riot in Fountain Square

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEVINinTO

Former Member
Reaction score
July 4th celebrations ended in a major riot in Cincinnati's Fountain Square resulting in injuries to police officers and a brutal and senseless unprovoked attack on a innocent bystander (surprised this isn't getting national news coverage).

http://www.local12.com/news/feature...-unruly-crowd-at-Fountain-Square-158374.shtml

http://www.wlwt.com/news/police-arrest-several-in-fountain-square-crowd/34002602

Here is a very disturbing video of the unconscious victim of the brutal and senseless unprovoked attack (unconfirmed reports that he was attacked by up to 40 youths!). Particularly sickening is the response by the swarm of youths hovering over the bleeding victim who are laughing and celebrating this savage attack. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pPthEUdwWQ&feature=youtu.be

I was afraid that something like this was going to happen somewhere. I know of a similar group that threatened to do something like this because of the 'evil' nature behind the meaning of the 4th of July.

July 4th celebrations ended in a major riot in Cincinnati's Fountain Square resulting in injuries to police officers and a brutal attack on a innocent bystander (surprised this isn't getting national news coverage).

http://www.local12.com/news/feature...-unruly-crowd-at-Fountain-Square-158374.shtml

http://www.wlwt.com/news/police-arrest-several-in-fountain-square-crowd/34002602

Here is a very disturbing video of the unconscious victim of the attack (unconfirmed reports that he was attacked by up to 40 youths!). Particularly sickening is the response by the swarm of youths hovering over the victim who are laughing and celebrating this savage attack. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pPthEUdwWQ&feature=youtu.be

I would guess this hasn't made national news because violence is common in Cincinnati after public events in the city. That city has gone right down the crapper in the last 15 or so years, particularly after the 2001 riots. JMO.

I would guess this hasn't made national news because violence is common in Cincinnati after public events in the city. That city has gone right down the crapper in the last 15 or so years, particularly after the 2001 riots. JMO.

You could be right. I don't know what criteria the cable news and national news outlets use for deciding which stories to cover. A few weeks ago a Texas pool party that ended in the arrest of a teen girl in a bikini caused national outrage because the arresting officer pulled her hair. It dominated an entire news cycle and the officer (who earlier that day talked a teen girl out of committing suicide) was forced to resign. Here we see a poor young man that was stomped on by who knows many violent youth's and left to die and there is no outrage.

I guess we can safely assume it wasn't the police who stomped on poor guy's head, so what could there possibly be to talk about? *sarcasm

This won't make the news at all. I remember that weekend when there were a bunch of lawless 'flash mobs' across the nation at various malls and movie theaters. It was pretty scary. And it barely made a blip in the news cycle. MSM tries to deny such things. JMO

A major riot? Two police were treated for minor facial injuries, and the person who was assaulted was released from hospital. It hardly sounds like the apocalypse. Heck, five people were stabbed in Winnipeg on Canada day, and there were killings in Saskatchewan -- far worse than this 'riot' (which was described in one of the articles you linked as 'an unruly crowd').

A major riot? Two police were treated for minor facial injuries, and the person who was assaulted was released from hospital. It hardly sounds like the apocalypse. Heck, five people were stabbed in Winnipeg on Canada day, and there were killings in Saskatchewan -- far worse than this 'riot' (which was described in one of the articles you linked as 'an unruly crowd').

See my post just below yours. There is good reason to believe that this riot (and yes it was a riot) was worse than what is being reported by the msm affiliates.

No doubt the press will try to minimize it. Just like they have done with the flash nobs and the Knock Out games. JMO

This is just crazy!!
So from the news link 40 some punks and let me guess only one got caught?
So they were just kids having fun and it got out of hand?
I say bull shi-! However it will go no where just like all the rest.
This is a racist attack pure and simple. Hang on cause it will be posted on SM sooner or later and they will out their own dumb azz at which time I hope this guy sues and presses charges on each and everyone of them.

From what I can get out of this. There was a fight and one guy got beaten up. The police responded and one man attacked a police officer, hitting him in the face. The police then called for backup who responded in riot gear. The crowd then shot fireworks and threw things at the police and the police responded by arresting seven people.

That is what is normally called a "disturbance". Pretty typical of what happens any night in most any major city in the world, when a large crowd is present. Just because the police put on riot gear, doesn't necessarily make it a riot.

I have witnessed worse stuff then that, that was never even reported on the news.

From what I can get out of this. There was a fight and one guy got beaten up. The police responded and one man attacked a police officer, hitting him in the face. The police then called for backup who responded in riot gear. The crowd then shot fireworks and threw things at the police and the police responded by arresting seven people.

That is what is normally called a "disturbance". Pretty typical of what happens any night in most any major city in the world, when a large crowd is present. Just because the police put on riot gear, doesn't necessarily make it a riot.

I have witnessed worse stuff then that, that was never even reported on the news.

Is that what it's called when 40 people surround a guy on the ground and beat him? A 'fight?'

I agree. This is absolutely horrible. The people standing around this young man laughing and having a good time is just sickening.

But this is not a riot. Not from what I saw anyway.

If there is new information that comes out of this story I will re-open this thread. Until then I"m closing it because our mods can't spend their valuable time moderating the same people arguing the same things over and over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313