DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
By NBC Washington and News4
Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

Charging Document
Supplement to Arrest Warrant Affidavit

DC Mansion Warrant
SW Return - Woodland Drive

SW - JW's Cell Phone Data
SW Return - JW's Cell Phone Records
SW Return - AS's Cell Phone Records
SW Return - VF's Cell Phone Records
SW Return - SS's Cell Phone Records

Return After Search of Ford
Return After Search of White Chevy
Return After Search of BMW

Other Documents
Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.

I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!

Slightly updated glossary/cast of characters
View attachment 76765

Attachments

• Case Players.jpg
    Case Players.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 392
Quote by Willow Knight

I agree that may be another reason for JW's absence. "dying of embarrassment due to lies" However, even his absence for that reason I acknowledge. He isn't out there trying to defend himself or get publicity. The position Mr SS gave JW was an interesting position. He never placed JW as a yard worker or other job Mr SS could have created. Mr SS gave JW a job that worked close with Mr SS. I think also that Mr SS was aware of JW recent past employment and the reason it ended. Whatever that reason was, Mr SS didn't appear to be bothered by it.

I think the position of personal assistant involves some level of trust. JW's boasting doesn't bother me too much, he is selling himself. And I don't know why the reason for his lies to LE, but I don't think they had anything to do with covering up a murder or home invasion.

How can a prolific liar be trusted? I'm not getting it. How can you sell yourself by telling lies? Anybody that had actually checked if his statements are true or not would not trust him. It's not even stretching the truth or embellishing. It's lies. If he was not thoroughly checked out by SS, then SS could not be bothered by what he didn't know. Too many other truthful people with better character are out there waiting to be hired. I'd hate to lose a job I'd been hoping to get to a guy like this.

If SS didn't know JW was a liar, I can see how he would take JW's word for why he was let go. I also don't think JW's job was as "personal assistant" as most of us understand the term. He ran errands and drove him sometimes. A true executive personal assistant has more knowledge of his/her employer's personal life - sends flowers to the mother-in-law on her birthday, has a credit card for expenses incurred on the job, keeps the employer's calendar, etc. Seems like with the dojo opening, SS saw an opportunity to help JW and have an extra set of hands. I can't figure out why he was with the family in NC - did he drive them or did SS let him come along to "help" so he could spend time at the competition. On SM JW said "my boss' son was racing, so I was kinda working which is why I didn't contact any of my Mooresville homies..."

On April 26, 2015 he said "... Stay tuned for a big announcement about my racing future!" He also had races on his calendar in California for June 26th and Italy on July 19th, but hadn't paid for them and didn't seem to have a new sponsor. If we're looking for a precipitating event, this could fit the bill.

BBM: The Amerit truck was registered in North Carolina I believe.

TexMex wrote:
IMO interviews with JW, DW and their friends and families have been conducted by LE. IF (and IMO it's a stretch) they were ever neighbors, friends or ever met is known to LE.
IMO there is no connection at all.

Police have stated they are aware of the connection between DW and JW. They have not stated specifically what connection they are referring to.

TexMex wrote:

Police have stated they are aware of the connection between DW and JW. They have not stated specifically what connection they are referring to.

IMO whatever the "connection" (IMO it was the address speculation that someone here reported to them) it must not have been of any consequence. JW is not a suspect not has he been arrested or charged with any crime, especially not in the kidnap/torture/murder of four people

http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/20...n-dnt-lead.cnn

Former Asst Director FBI Ron Hosko

"Certainly by now they have had enough time to do lab examinations, to get records- typically in this case phone records that may put others in proximity to the crime scene. To lift fingerprints and get other DNA from the scene. Now the question is: does that exist? "

IMO after over seven weeks since the crime, that other evidence does not exist. That's why Hanover said his defense at the prelim was going to be that early on LE was saying that Wint probably had help.

How can a prolific liar be trusted? I'm not getting it. How can you sell yourself by telling lies? Anybody that had actually checked if his statements are true or not would not trust him. It's not even stretching the truth or embellishing. It's lies. If he was not thoroughly checked out by SS, then SS could not be bothered by what he didn't know. Too many other truthful people with better character are out there waiting to be hired. I'd hate to lose a job I'd been hoping to get to a guy like this.

Sociopaths. Narcissists. They actually can do very well in life if they are also intelligent. Think Wall Street, surgeons, attorneys, hedge fund managers. Neither JW or DW were intelligent.

<modsnip>

There is an Amerit in Charlotte. Less than 30 miles from Mooresville.

TexMex wrote:

Police haven't stated anything. A guy who runs a blog claimed a source told him police were aware of the connection (whatever that means)

I am surprised that LE has not further interrogated every single person that was with DW the night of his arrest. Surely they know something even if they were only on the peripheal of this.

I am still surprised they were even let go so early after DW arrest. It doesnt make any sense.

LE should have been able to get a lot of information from them and maybe even make a plea deal with them if any of them are involved.

Unless I missed it I havent heard anything more about them. Surely something was up at the time with that truck. Its not like that was their normal truck to go parading around town every night.

Police haven't stated anything. A guy who runs a blog claimed a source told him police were aware of the connection (whatever that means)

It's a blog that's allowed to be posted here. The guy has done better work than anyone else in the media as far as I can tell. Websleuths excepted. IMO.

I am surprised that LE has not further interrogated every single person that was with DW the night of his arrest. Surely they know something even if they were only on the peripheal of this.
I am still surprised they were even let go so early after DW arrest. It doesnt make any sense.

LE should have been able to get a lot of information from them and maybe even make a plea deal with them if any of them are involved.

Unless I missed it I havent heard anything more about them. Surely something was up at the time with that truck. Its not like that was their normal truck to go parading around town every night.

BBM: If they are seasoned criminals they should know how the law works. Just invoke your rights to remain silent and ask if you're being arrested or taken into custody or are free to leave. Depending on jurisdiction, you can be held 48-72 hours before being formally arraigned. Yes, they could have been held longer but it can be a civil rights issue later on whether the suspects are eventually charged at a later time or not.

It's a blog that's allowed to be posted here. The guy has done better work than anyone else in the media as far as I can tell. Websleuths excepted. IMO.

He's a seasoned, Pulitzer Prize-nominated journalist who also has a blog.
And it was "connections" plural.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO the convoy members were questioned, fingerprinted and swabbed for DNA before released
It will be interesting to find out more info about the truck. Hopefully at prelim in two weeks

I think I missed something about JW having a connection to Mooresville. Can someone help me?

When JW went to the race with SS and PS, JW had posted something on his SM directed to his Mooresville "homies", saying that he was kind of working so hadn't had time to reach out (my language, not his, but I think it is posted somewhere up thread). The point being that it sounds like he has friends in that vicinity NC.

There is an Amerit in Charlotte. Less than 30 miles from Mooresville.

Might as well throw another weird coincidence into the case! It is weird that truck was registered in a place where SS, PS and JW had recently traveled. What was that truck going to be used for--next job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member