'Can't Buy Me Love' actress Amanda Peterson dead at 43

She lay in the apartment for days, apparently. Very sad.

[video=twitter;618344146189844480]https://twitter.com/theheraldsun/status/618344146189844480[/video]

I already have my daughters copy of CBML dvd ready to watch when she gets home from work. She loved the movie, even tho she was only 10 when it came out, it's 1 of her faves.

RIP Amanda AKA Cindy Mancini

How sad that she had such a lonely existence. It sounds like it could have been something heart related with the sleep apnea.

I can not imagine a world in which anyone I know goes undiscovered for that long. It is so sad.

I haven't watched Can't Buy Me Love in years. I didn't realize Patrick Dempsey was the co-star.

A tragedy. She left the entertainment business in 1994 according to TMZ. Attempted to go back to school. Had health issues due to living in a mold infested apartment according to her father on TMZ.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Reports also stated that she was married with two children. Curious that family was apparently absent over the holiday weekend

The tragic downfall of an 80s icon: Mugshots chart the decline of Can't Buy Me Love actress Amanda Peterson before she was found dead in her apartment aged 43

Former Hollywood star Amanda Peterson who was found dead in her home on Sunday had been arrested multiple times in the past few years

She was arrested four times between 2000 and 2012, in 2000, 2003, 2005 and 2012
The 2012 arrest was for DUI and possession of narcotic equipment

Results of her autopsy have still not been released, and a toxicology test is being performed as well

Her mother Sylvia said while her daughter had struggled with drugs in the past, she had been clean for years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-recent-arrest-coming-2012-DUI-narcotics.html

Her mugshots are horrifying...like those faces of meth pictures you see of before and after. CBML is one of my favorite 80s movies and I was a fan a hers. I would check IMDB every once in awhile to see if there were any updates on her. Sad to see the news.

I am so Saddened to hear about Amanda's passing.
Through the years I thought about her.
She seemed to have such Promise in the 1980's.
It makes my heart hurt.
I didn't know about the issues she had with drugs.
It's so sad!
RIP Amanda!

Amanda Peterson 'died of huge morphine overdose after self-medicating with drug to control pain'

Peterson, 43, was found dead on July 4 in Greeley, Colorado

It was not immediately clear what killed her, but new report blame drugs

Weld County Coroner reportedly found morphine-based drugs in her body

Report said she took more than 6 times normal dose of one type of drug

She had reportedly got pills from friends to deal with pain

Peterson found fame in 1987's Can't Buy Me Love, with Patrick Dempsey

Became a teen star - but retired from entertainment industry in 1994

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...erdose-self-medicating-drug-control-pain.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back