GUILTY DC - Kevin Sutherland, 24, murdered on Metro train, Washington, 4 July 2015

sonjay

Reaction score
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...b-11e5-b72c-2b7d516e1e0e_story.html?tid=sm_fb

Police and a witness interviewed said passengers trapped in the moving train huddled at both ends of the car and watched in horror as Spires punched 24-year-old Kevin Joseph Sutherland until he fell to the floor, then stabbed him until he was dead. Court documents say the victim was cut or stabbed 30 or 40 times, in the chest, abdomen, back, side and arms. Police said the assailant then threw the victim’s cellphone and returned to stomp on Sutherland’s body.

D.C. police arrested Spires on Monday morning after a citywide manhunt and charged him with first-degree murder

Spires, who had attended a private college in North Carolina but was no longer enrolled, was previously arrested most recently on Thursday when police said he accosted a man on Wisconsin Avenue in Friendship Heights and later kicked two officers as they tried to handcuff him. Police had forwarded to prosecutors charges that included felony robbery, but because nothing was taken from the man, the U.S. attorney’s office said there was insufficient evidence to support the charge. Prosecutors instead charged Spires with misdemeanor assault, and he was freed from custody Friday.

Can you have a concealed carry in DC,just wondering?
RIP Kevin.

Senseless brutality. It almost seems he was building up to the fatal attack. No word on if he knew the victim?

SPIRES__5211436299391.jpg

I'm sorry it's so large, I'm not sure why. I just wanted to post a picture of the victim. RIP Kevin. I'm so sorry this happened to you. Prayers for his family and friends.

On Instagram, Sutherland posted photographs of the Marine Corps War Memorial with the American flag fluttering in the twilight sky. He caught streetlamps twinkling on the Potomac. He showcased the Mall from high above, the Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial bathed in a summer haze captured from his airplane seat taking off from Reagan National Airport.

“This view always takes the breath away,” he wrote in August 2014.

Sutherland grew up in Connecticut and first came to Washington in fall 2009. He later interned for a congressman on Capitol Hill and graduated with an interdisciplinary degree in communication, government, law and economics. At the time of his death, he was workinSutherland grew up in Connecticut and first came to Washington in fall 2009. He later interned for a congressman on Capitol Hill and grg as a digital political strategist with the firm New Blue Interactive.

“Kevin was an amazing employee and friend, we will miss him always,” said Taryn Rosenkranz, the company’s chief executive. She added that her team is “heartbroken.”

Tragic loss of a young life who was engaged and contributing to society.

Thanks for posting a picture of the victim, LabordayRN. RIP Kevin, the world lost a good guy it seems when we lost you!

Thanks for posting a picture of the victim, LabordayRN. RIP Kevin, the world lost a good guy it seems when we lost you!

Isn't that the truth. I hope the monster that did this will never walk among us again.

Another promising young man killed by a ****.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back