868 users online (81 members and 787 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I'm not sure about dental, but I think the DNA should be forthcoming, one of the news articles from July of last year mentioned obtaining it.
    Does Canada have a site the equivalent of NamUs? I found one that's called Canada's missing but it's not very complete and I didn't find her or another MP I'm looking for, in it that
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Quote Originally Posted by Alleykins View Post
    I'm not sure about dental, but I think the DNA should be forthcoming, one of the news articles from July of last year mentioned obtaining it.
    Does Canada have a site the equivalent of NamUs? I found one that's called Canada's missing but it's not very complete and I didn't find her or another MP I'm looking for, in it that
    Canada's Missing is their "NamUs". Its very incomplete. They do not do DNA like NamUs yet. People from NamUs met with them a few years ago. I think they were trying to figure out how to get funding for it.

Good to know. Kudos to them for trying. Hopefully it will get the funding and attention it needs so it can be better maintained/updated.
    I know how that goes. My state is trying to put together a cold case squad, and funding is a big issue.

I just stumbled upon an MP from Australia who was listed as a rule out on a case in NamUs, so I'm hoping should Patricia be ruled out that they would list her, too, even though she's Canadian.

I just stumbled upon an MP from Australia who was listed as a rule out on a case in NamUs, so I'm hoping should Patricia be ruled out that they would list her, too, even though she's Canadian.
    Was the Australian MP known to have come to the US?

Nope, not at all.
    This is the MP case:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-just-15.html
    Listed as a rule out for this case:
    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/8913

Rose, what information do you need to put someone in NamUs? It seems like some of the MP information is scant. are there certain requirements that have to be met in order to list someone in there? I don't have anyone missing, it just came up in a topic in my FB news feed, and I was curious. Thank you.

Rose, what information do you need to put someone in NamUs? It seems like some of the MP information is scant. are there certain requirements that have to be met in order to list someone in there? I don't have anyone missing, it just came up in a topic in my FB news feed, and I was curious. Thank you.
    Usually people not from the US or not known to have come here do not get listed as ruled out. I guess it depends on the case owner (LE or ME).

People like us can only enter MP's in NamUs. You need as much of their info (missing date, height/ weight, hair color eyes), circumstances and the MP report case number. If there is no MP report they can still be entered but the case will not "go online" (be public) without one.

Thanks Rose. Maybe they were referring to local law enforcement.

Can't believe how much she looks like CarlK's drawing of BG. This may or may not mean that she looks like actual BG but I think Carl does a darn good job, so I'm keeping my hopes up. I came across her looking at another case and the minute I saw her photo I said "that's BG." It was unreal. I found an article where her mom has pictures of her spread out on a table and I'd really like to look closer at the other clearly visible pic of her in this shot if someone better at that than I am can figure out how to blow it up and post it here.

Of course, I came here thinking I'd blow all your minds with this potential match and you were waaay ahead of me, per usual

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post
    Can't believe how much she looks like CarlK's drawing of BG. This may or may not mean that she looks like actual BG but I think Carl does a darn good job, so I'm keeping my hopes up. I came across her looking at another case and the minute I saw her photo I said "that's BG." It was unreal. I found an article where her mom has pictures of her spread out on a table and I'd really like to look closer at the other clearly visible pic of her in this shot if someone better at that than I am can figure out how to blow it up and post it here.

Of course, I came here thinking I'd blow all your minds with this potential match and you were waaay ahead of me, per usual
    I believe that was her sister in the interview. One of the things I don't understand is why her family isn't taking advantage of social media and creating a FB page or a blog for her where they can post all those pictures. A profile picture of Patricia would cinch this case, BG's nose is so distinctive.
    I really think it's her. If you blow up the pm picture of BG and blow up the portrait of Patricia and put them side by side, you can match up nearly every single mole but one.
    The trick is, you have to stare at Patricia's portrait for a bit because it's retouched. But, once you do, it's like an optical illusion, the markings and moles start popping out. Like, on the upper left hand corner of BG's mouth, there are teeny tiny freckles or moles. Patricia has them, too.
    I'm having two problems trying to get someone to notice this case.
    1. is that the folks handling BG's case are not responsive and
    2. Canada will not do a DNA comparison for UP/MP unless they have a potential match. They don't do like we do and run an MP's case through a system against all UP cases. They do on an as needed basis only.
    I would bet my house that BG is Patricia, even though there are 8 or so years between Patricia's disappearance and BG's discovery. I don't buy into the theory that someone meets their demise the moment they disappear. Statistically, that may be true, but that also means that some don't fit the pattern.For all we know, she met a Sugar Daddy in Edmonton that day and went on an amazing adventure until something changed. We may never know what happened, but I'm fairly certain that shouldn't negate the possibility that Patricia is BG.

I would like to call Det. Hickey in regards to this case and ask if they've even considered Patricia, however, I don't know what to say.
    Any suggestions? I'm better at email than phone calls, and I sent one to adminassist@miamicountyso.com back in May because I didn't have an email for the detective, but never even received a confirmation. Thanks!

I know this is a case CarlK has worked very hard on. And he may have some more 'street cred' with people in some parts of Law Enforcement than we do. If he hasn't already, maybe we can see if he will make a few calls?

If not, and Phil Tornsey finally solves the Amy Mihaljevic case, maybe we can convince him to take this one on next. He'd have some creds for sure. If you can catch Whitey Bulger, you can do anything.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast