The Ugliest Dog

Gozgals

Reaction score
World's Ugliest Dog: Look If You Dare

Woohee! This is one ugly dog. How ugly is he? Sam, a pedigreed Chinese, is so ugly he has the papers to prove it. The dog has been named the World's Ugliest Dog--for the third year in a row.

The Santa Barbara News-Press reports that Sam, age 14, is the undisputed winner of the World's Ugliest Dog contest held annually at the Sonoma-Marin Fair in California. He's tiny. He has no hair except for a yellow-white tuft that juts surprisingly out of his head. His brown skin is wrinkled and covered with splotches. He has a line of warts running down his snout. His milky white eyes are blind and alien-looking. To top it all off, there's a fleshy flap of skin on his neck. Oh yeah, don't forget the buck teeth. But his owner, Susie Lockheed of Santa Barbara, Calif., is proud of him. She loves and adores him--:) unknown source 1st link*

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/uglydog.asp

Unconditional love for this animal, is admirable. I would be the same way :)

We saw this on TV about a week ago.

My sons were just talking about it for days.
One runs the camera for morning announcements at school and actually talked the school into doing a story about the dog.

MaryKate said:
We saw this on TV about a week ago.

My sons were just talking about it for days.
One runs the camera for morning announcements at school and actually talked the school into doing a story about the dog.
WOW! He looks like a Gremlin, after a midnight snack!

"But his owner, Susie Lockheed of Santa Barbara, Calif., is proud of him. She loves and adores him..."

I saw this dog on Good Morning America, The Early Show, and a number of other talk shows and morning shows over the past few months. Being quite fond of animals and pets myself, I felt that this old dude was being exploited by his owner - not loved. I watched him shake uncontrollably as the owner sat there laughing and smiling with the hosts while pointing out each tumor on his body and walking through the lengthy list of other serious health issues the dog has. Then I learned that for the last three years this dog was put on display at some "World's Ugliest Dog" competition so that the owner could take home cash prizes and the media attention that comes with winning. I don't know, but if I truly loved an animal I wouldn't be doing what this owner is doing to it.

In my opinion. :eek:

Hopeful said:
Unconditional love for this animal, is admirable. I would be the same way :)
I felt I had to quote Hopeful!

And sometimes these old dogs make nicer mates in comparison to the "OLD DOGS" some women live with....

Otherwise known as, :loser: :loser: :loser:

I find the dog rather charming...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77