1119 users online (149 members and 970 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36
    ago

Defense says they're assessing the length of their case at 2 weeks. Prosecution thinks they'd have a 3 day rebuttal for that part of the presentation a few seconds ago

Orman argues that video-recorded statements are for when someone is truly unavailable, not just inconvenienced Phil Tenser
    jmo

Judge says he doesn't see how the defense has established the "unavailability of these people"a few seconds ago

Judge says he'll consider the requests in the future if more information is provided, but not at this time. So far he says defense hasn't established hardship

a few seconds agoa few seconds ago Phil Tenser

Judge says he'll consider the requests in the future if more information is provided, but not at this time. So far he says defense hasn't established hardship
    jmo

Colorado News ‏@_ColoradoNews_ ˇ 47s47 seconds ago
    #Colorado #News After all is said in theater attack trial, was Holmes sane? #theatershooting:
    var addthis_pro... http://cbsloc.al/1HZ0Kwd
    jmo

Congress Park Denver ‏@InCongressPark ˇ 1m1 minute ago
    After all is said in theater attack trial, was Holmes sane? #theatershooting http://cbsloc.al/1HZ0Kwd

Judge says he'll need more information about unavailability and hardshipPhil Tenser

Marshall Zelinger ‏@7Marshall ˇ 1m1 minute ago
    To #TheaterShooting defense: DA called 200 witnesses & never argued we, the media, have harassed. Stop using us when it's convenient.
    jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Ok...sounds like all the potential witnesses for defense have pre-paid for trips out of the country. What does that tell us?
    The dates of the trial were known, it appears that these people purposely made plans, hoping to be out of the country so they did NOT have to come to testify. They wanted to do it on video tape, more control?

The jurors are NOT allowed to ask questions of the people testifying? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MsJosie View Post
    The dates of the trial were known, it appears that these people purposely made plans, hoping to be out of the country so they did NOT have to come to testify. They wanted to do it on video tape, more control?

The jurors are NOT allowed to ask questions of the people testifying? Interesting.
    Xactly. They hope not to testify, imo too
    ​Blessed are they with nothing to say and the wisdom not to say it.

Teghan Alyssa Skiba - never forget.

Colorado News ‏@_ColoradoNews_ ˇ 2m2 minutes ago
    #Colorado #News A look at insanity law at heart of theater shooting trial #theatershooting:
    var addthis_produ... http://cbsloc.al/1O1xYeI

CBSDenver ‏@CBSDenver ˇ 2m2 minutes ago
    After all is said in theater attack trial, was Holmes sane? #theatershooting http://cbsloc.al/1HZ0Kwd?utm_source=...medium=twitter
    jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Xactly. They hope not to testify, imo too
    What all can they say? I would assume most didn't see him in his "psychotic" state....
    jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Maisiebelle View Post
    I thought he was just reclining. What a trick if they have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Verdict -- Monday sounds good. Let's hope. They could announce and then fill out the jury form during the 3 hour delay for their announcement!! I'm sure they won't, but still.... 3 hours. Chocolate & valium (I wish) for me, then...

JH hasn't always stood up when the jury or the judge enters & exits -- is he really chained to the floor or otherwise chained under his clothing? I could swear that I have heard a rattle of chains from time to time -- is that so? There are 3 armed deputies within 2 -- 6 feet of him... Chains?

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

As far as I know JH is harnessed and it goes down his trouser leg and is fastened to the floor. The jury asked if JH could move so they could watch him as the case was tried but the judge said he has to stay where he is.

I don't know if he wears chain restraints when he arrives/leaves court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zoey View Post
    sadly it has been used---really big time in Anthony trial
    Didn't work quite as well as they may have wanted. She is Guilty, Guilty, Guilty. She'll never step on a city sidewalk or a pile of dog poop again.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    Looking at full screen.....chair is definitely quite lower than the others!!!....grrrrrrrr
    Agree -- maybe to have him level with them, or more probably at his request.

Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    Didn't work quite as well as they may have wanted. She is Guilty, Guilty, Guilty. She'll never step on a city sidewalk or a pile of dog poop again.

Well someone flew her first class to new York trying to get an interview (lies)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkasaurus View Post
    Thank you. I have a friend whose daughter just got a job as a public defender, and we were discussing this case, and I was having a hard time explaining this issue.
    In layman's terms... I think what's different about CO (compared to the majority of others) is that the burden lies on the prosecution to prove he was NOT insane at the time versus the defense having to prove he was insane at the time. Kinda similar to the issue of guilt vs innocence. The state has to prove he IS guilty and the defense only has to create a reasonable doubt that he's not guilty (because he's presumed innocent) ... so you worded it in a good way... that essentially he's presumed to have been insane at the time and the state has to prove he wasn't. It is quite confusing when you're describing it.
    ✌️

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36