731 users online (76 members and 655 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post
    OT
    Yeah. Those CNN 70's specials have been really good. I have been watching most of them. Those years were my favorite years of my life. We had great music back then and great bands.

The interesting thing with the great bands of the 70s is while we lived through them, we did not realize it would stop. We thought it would just continue with the next great band and the next.

When the 80s hit , things started to change and I began to not like the music as much. Still some good bands but they were less frequent. Then by the 90s I hated most of the music.
    Nowadays, I cant stand most modern music. LOL

I suppose I am stuck with my "Classic Rock". LOL
    Stuck in my ways.

The one thing I did right was I used to stay up late and record on my cassette recorder all the good songs that would come on the radio. I now have 24 fully loaded 90-minute cassette tapes full of all my favorite songs from the 70's. I recorded them on a really good home stereo cassette recorder.

They are on Maxell UDXL2-90 (90 minutes) cassettes which were a really good brand of cassette tape.

Some have been "eaten" by my cassette player but I still have it hooked up to my home stereo system. I still play them on occassion and it is such good music.
    The funny thing when listening is you can hear the occasional sound of the LP record "popping" sound as the needle would hit scratches in the vinyl album. Radio stations back then still used real vinyl records at some radio stations I listened to. LOL

Zeppelin, Doors, Cars, BTO, ELO, Rush, ELP, Heart, America, Kenny Loggins, Clearance Clearwater Revival, Kiss, and on and on. LOL

ETA: 1 correction to son of sam's last killing. The guy actually survived but was gravely wounded. I had forgotten he actually lived through the shooting. His girlfriend died.

http://dccrimestories.com/crime-hist...s-gunned-down/
    ITA about music now and then---Cannot take that electronic crap --- So very different.
    jmo

Quote Originally Posted by MissHaley View Post
    Wow! Hatfield & Zoey! Growing up living so close to where these guys were! OMG, I can't imagine. I watched the program last night too. It was Crime & Cults. Zoey, they covered Bundy in the program. Also Jim Jones. They said there was a blackout in NYC when SOS was on his killing spree. They usually do a lot of repeats.
    Scary times! Like I mentioned I don't recall hearing of those evil things in our neck of the woods before that time period. I even hung out at Lake Sammamish ---
    jmo

Good Morning WS Friends!

We certainly have been plowing through threads!
    I can still hear Dr. G's voice in my head, like when one has ringing in the ears. Intrusive!
    ​Blessed are they with nothing to say and the wisdom not to say it.

Teghan Alyssa Skiba - never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by zoey View Post
    Scary times! Like I mentioned I don't recall hearing of those evil things in our neck of the woods before that time period. I even hung out at Lake Sammamish ---
    yes, I was surprised that the program said that the 70's were when crimes & homicides were at the height & kept rising. The 60's were peace, love & protest, but hippies weren't associated with violence--until Manson.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Good Morning WS Friends!

We certainly have been plowing through threads!
    I can still hear Dr. G's voice in my head, like when one has ringing in the ears. Intrusive!
    LOL---I'm hearing what I missed yesterday. WOW she deserved to miss her plane. She goes on and on and on!!!!!
    jmo

yes, I was surprised that the program said that the 70's were when crimes & homicides were at the height & kept rising. The 60's were peace, love & protest, but hippies weren't associated with violence--until Manson.
    Well I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed that. It was just odd---I do remember being afraid of drugs (lsd in foods at school etc....)
    jmo

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 42s42 seconds ago
    The judge and attorneys are in the #theatershooting courtroom. Defense ought to rest later this morning
    jmo

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 19s20 seconds ago
    We will get three hours of notice once jurors reach a verdict, the judge says. #theatershooting

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 57s58 seconds ago
    LIVE NOW: #theatershooting trial http://www.courtchatter.com/#!james-...-stream-1/cmus
    jmo

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 26s26 seconds ago
    #TheaterShooting judge discussing whether there should be a 3-hour delay between when the jurors reach a verdict and when it is announced.

Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla · 26s26 seconds ago
    #TheaterShooting judge discussing whether there should be a 3-hour delay between when the jurors reach a verdict and when it is announced.

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 32s32 seconds ago
    #theatershooting

Trial is live. Watch at http://www.thegoldpatrol.com

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 39s39 seconds ago
    #theatershooting

When a verdict is reached, media will be given 3 hour notice.
    jmo

Court wants to wait to announce the verdict, 3 hours after it comes in! 3 hours!!!!!!

Good grief! Why 3 hours??
    IMO

Mr King decided not to call Dr Gray Zoey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 3m3 minutes ago
    Court is now in session in the #TheaterShooting trial.
    We expect to see video of the gunman in custody.
    WATCH LIVE: http://bit.ly/7NEWStheatertrial

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 3m3 minutes ago
    Defense is going to rest today in #theatershooting trial. Watch the milestone live: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/auro...ing/trial-live

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
    Judge will tell jurors as they begin deliberating that there will be a three-hour delay once they actually reach a verdict. #theatershooting bbm

Rick Sallinger ‏@ricksallinger · 4m4 minutes ago
    #TheaterShooting judge says verdict will be announced 3 hours after it is reached

The Denver Post ‏@denverpost · 32s32 seconds ago
    Watch Live: Defense attorneys plan to rest their case Friday in the Aurora #theatershooting trial: http://dpo.st/1QBrF4G via @DPTV

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 58s58 seconds ago
    Juror 378 has not shown up yet. Judge stepping down for a brief recess. #theatershooting bbm

The Gold Patrol® ‏@thegoldpatrol · 50s50 seconds ago
    #theatershooting

Judge says 378 is late. Brief recess.
    jmo

Court wants to wait to announce the verdict, 3 hours after it comes in! 3 hours!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    Good grief! Why 3 hours??
    I read that it's to give the victims and the family's enough time to get to courthouse ..

Quote Originally Posted by Maisiebelle View Post
    Mr King decided not to call Dr Gray Zoey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wonder if it was because Dr. Gur and Woodcock were so "good"....
    jmo

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast