1186 users online (245 members and 941 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tropical Depression Lee has now arrived

From Accuweather.com's hurricane center:

1. As of 11 a.m. EDT, Tropical Depression Lee was located near 31.9 north and 51.5 west, or about 780 miles east of Bermuda. The depression has moved little over the past 6 hours. It has sustained winds of 35 mph. Estimated central pressure is 1010 millibars or 29.83 inches.

2. Elsewhere in the tropics, a tropical low was located near 17 north and 43 west and was moving west-northwest at 10 knots. Despite plenty of shear from an upper trough of low pressure just to the west of this feature, it has maintained a low-level circulation and convection close to the center of circulation. Some models back the upper-level trough away from the low-level center Friday into Saturday providing a better environment for development.

3. A tropical wave is along 81 west south of 20 north, moving west at 10 knots. A second wave is near 10 north and 24 west, moving west around 10 knots.

4. An upper trough of low pressure south of Bermuda will build southwest toward the Bahamas and may have to be watched for slow tropical development over the weekend. (DK note, this is where Katrina formed)

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

DK,

I sure hope it doesn't form into anything substantial. Also, I wonder if it will cool off for them? Sorry if this is a stupid statement or question.

I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

Can you tell us what that means, in terms that even I can understand? A meteorologist on Greta a few nights ago predicted that we could expect another hit on the gulf coast in the next week or two. Is this the beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    Can you tell us what that means, in terms that even I can understand? A meteorologist on Greta a few nights ago predicted that we could expect another hit on the gulf coast in the next week or two. Is this the beginning?
    Lee or some of the other waves are on similar tracks as Katrina, so far, and I know the weather pattern here in the midwest is very calm for the next week, so no interferences. So yes, it is certainly possible for more storms to hit, and Lee needs to be watched closely.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by T'sNana
    DK,

I sure hope it doesn't form into anything substantial. Also, I wonder if it will cool off for them? Sorry if this is a stupid statement or question.
    People forget that September and early October is about the busiest part of the Hurricane Season. All these storms have been awfully early. So we're getting into the meat of the season, now, I'm afraid.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    People forget that September and early October is about the busiest part of the Hurricane Season. All these storms have been awfully early. So we're getting into the meat of the season, now, I'm afraid.
    Thanks....they definitely don't need THIS ever, but especially now.

I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

Lee or some of the other waves are on similar tracks as Katrina, so far, and I know the weather pattern here in the midwest is very calm for the next week, so no interferences. So yes, it is certainly possible for more storms to hit, and Lee needs to be watched closely.
    Huh?? I just checked noaa's website and it looks like Lee is already mid way up the east coast headed due north. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrity
    Huh?? I just checked noaa's website and it looks like Lee is already mid way up the east coast headed due north. Am I missing something?
    I haven't seen any tracks, as it hasn't moved much, but I meant to say it is sitting where Katrina started, sorry about that. I will check to see it's direction, but if it isn't moving, it's gonna be hard for them to predict.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrity
    It is moving NW, they think, at all of 3mph, so hopefuly it will stay that way and remain out to sea. Good work! Now don't be such a grouch.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

It is moving NW, they think, at all of 3mph, so hopefuly it will stay that way and remain out to sea. Good work! Now don't be such a grouch.
    Am I being grouchy again?

Here's a link to Lee's position. Doesn't look like a threat at all. Let's hope it stays that way.

I heard that Lee was not considered a threat last night from the fellow from Accuweather that was on Fox. However, an historical note for you. Andrew and Katrina both hit Miami on the same August day. Shows how much the activity has increased during this new cycle of storms.The first named storm and the eleventh. Interesting bit of trivia. I believe he was watching some other areas in the Atlantic and waves off the coast of Africa for formation.

Tropical Depression Lee ~ is it wearing a little sweater vest?

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    DK - Lee???? Lee's gone - get with the program DK, we're up to the M one.

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Quote Originally Posted by poco
    DK - Lee???? Lee's gone - get with the program DK, we're up to the M one.
    Oh no. Hurricane Marlene?

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    Oh no. Hurricane Marlene?
    No, It's hurricane Mabel!!!!!!!

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast