UK - Mother claims store security guard snatched her feeding baby

zwiebel

Reaction score
Leicester, UK mother Caroline Starmer has claimed that a security guard at a local Primemark clothing store snatched her baby from her breast in an effort to prevent her breastfeeding inside.

Starmer posted to Facebook about the incident, saying because the lines were so long and her baby daughter was hungry she found a quiet corner to sit down and breastfeed her. A security guard then told her to stop and when an argument developed, physically removed the baby and walked out of the store, telling Starmer she'd have to follow 'if you want your baby back'.

Starmer says she has lodged a complaint with police and the store. A Primark spokesperson says the incident is being urgently investigated. Leicestershire police appeared to be scrambling to find its report of the original complain today, when asked by media.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...er-from-mother-as-she-breastfed-10386958.html

Hmmmm. Seems Primark have said there is no evidence to back this up and the desrciptions of the security guard given by the lady doesn't match up.

If it's true this happened then it's disgraceful, I would go ballistic if someone took my baby from me without asking. But it does seem quite "trendy" at the moment to go to the media with tales of breastfeeding discrimination.

Primark says it has reviewed cctv and can see the customer in question quite clearly....and that no-one approached her and her baby?? Reading the press release, they are basically saying this mother is not telling the truth. And it sounds like they were not able to contact her.

http://m.primark.com/en/about-us/press releases

I hope they're looking at the right footage, of the right person.

Stupid woman. It was suspicious from the get-go.

Ikr??? Doesn't this woman know there are cameras everywhere??? How did she think she would get away with a claim that the security guard actually snatched the baby off of her breast? She would have been safer to just say he made a rude comment or told her to get out. It's really pretty egregious when you think about it -- the poor security guard could have been charged with kidnapping or assault if people would have believed her. Social media has made victimhood a very rewarding and often lucrative endeavor, and I guess some feeble-minded people are just unable to resist the allure. Creating outrage is empowering.

Apparently she had previously complained of similar at a leisure centre. I wonder if she was hoping to get some freebies by way of compensation. SMH

Apparently she had previously complained of similar at a leisure centre. I wonder if she was hoping to get some freebies by way of compensation. SMH

From Primark? If you're gonna pull that kind of stunt at least go to Harvey Nicks!

She epitomises the worst kind of Brit and I've no doubt she'll do something similar again. If she's not careful she'll turn into Karen Matthews...

I thought this was a lie for one reason.
How many mothers would not knock the man out if he grabbed her baby?
Maybe I'm hyper sensitive because I read here.
But if a stranger took my baby out of my arms?
He wouldn't be WALKING anywhere with my baby.
I would have my baby back and the stranger would be on the ground before he knew what happened. :twocents:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back