1151 users online (220 members and 931 guests)  

Websleuths News

LA - Alexuia Feast, 13, raped & murdered, Lafayette, 11 Oct 2004

Herbert L. Prejean, 30, was served with an arrest warrant Wednesday at the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center, accusing him of the sexual assault of a girl who is now 8 years old, said Cpl. Mark Francis, a police spokesman.

Prejean, along with Joseph G. James, 38, and Thornton Gross, 35, are charged with first-degree murder in the death of Alexuia Feast, whose half naked body was discovered in October in a wooded area. Prosecutors said Feast was killed after she refused to submit to sex.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Murder suspect wants to be released on bond

Murder suspect wants to be released on bond

A man accused of sexually assaulting and killing a 13-year-old girl wants to be released from jail on bond pending his trial.

Joseph G. James, 39, is one of three men charged with first-degree murder. Prosecutors say Alexuia Feast was beaten to death after the girl fought their advances.

State District Judge Marilyn Castle set a Wednesday hearing for the bail request. Although bail is rarely granted in first-degree murder cases, another judge set a $200,000 bond for a suspect, Hebert L. Prejean, 30, after DNA tests failed to link him to the slaying.

__________________________________________________ _____________

I havent heard of this murder of the little girl before .I feel so sick 3 of the scum what hope did this brave little girl have.and now they have this a$$hole for raping another little girl.sounds like he should be the 1001 execution.Thank goodness for DNA .I cant believe he is trying to get out on a bond .

From July 2009:

The 3rd Circuit Court of Appeal issued a ruling today upholding the conviction and sentence of Thornton Gross on felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile and sexual battery charges for which he received a 15-year prison sentence...

The case stemmed from Gross’ trial and acquittal on a second-degree murder charge in connection with the brutal 2006 rape and beating death of 13-year-old Alexuia Feast; two other defendents were also charged in the case — one was convicted, the other pleaded guilty to a manslaughter charge.