1331 users online (262 members and 1069 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AL - Nora Grenier & 6 Kids, Foley, 14 July 2015

Nora Marie Grenier and kids

Statewide Missing Child Alert issued for six children
    The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) has issued an Emergency Missing Child Alert. Investigators say Nora Marie Grenier was last seen around 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday in Foley.

Grenier had her five children and a nephew with her at the time. All seven are missing. ALEA has classified Grenier and three of the children as “abducted” while the other three children are classified as “missing.”

Grenier’s children are identified as Leroy, Jordan, Alexisann Marie, Elroy and Daisy Nicole Gutierrez. Her nephew is identified as Ethan Ramirez,9 , who we don’t have a picture of at this time.
    http://whnt.com/2015/07/15/statewide...-six-children/
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

http://www.fox10tv.com/story/2955128...ssing-in-foley
    FOLEY, AL (WALA) - Foley Police are looking for a missing family. Authorities say Nora Grenier was last seen Tuesday around 10 a.m. with her five children and infant nephew.
    The children range in age from 9 months to eight years old.

24-year-old Nora, and her children 9-month old Leroy Gutierrez, 2-year-old Jordan Gutierrez and 7-year-old Alexisann Gutierrez are all listed as abducted.
    The other children, 8-year-old Elroy Gutierrez, 5-year-old Daisy Gutierrez and 9-month old Ethan Ramirez are all listed as missing.

Authorities believe the family could be traveling in a 2000 Chevrolet Venture minivan and may be headed to Brownsville, Texas.
    If you know where Nora Grenier or any of the children are, Please contact the Folely Police Department at (251) 943-4431 .

It cannot be easy to travel with six children under the age of 9, including two under the age of 1 (although one article says the nephew is 9 months old, another says he is 9 years old).

I assume there is another adult in the picture, as the mom/aunt is listed as abducted herself?

So do they think someone abducted them? I'm a little confused. Mmm

It's extremely confusing. To have 4 in the party, including the mother of most "abducted", and the other three children "missing" - well, something is "missing" from the article.

I am new to WS. I live in Foley. I had the same question... Why are some listed as just missing? I will see what I can find out and post what I can.

They just issued an Amber alert.

Welcome, Chinadll!

Yes, the news reports are very confusing. It seems that many reporters don't ask for clarification when the facts don't add up, and editors don't question stories that don't make sense.

My first thought upon reading just the thread title was how does one disappear with six children? I have three children, and when they were young, I'd often go out with 6 or 7 children when they had friends over or the cousins were over. People frequently commented and asked if they were all mine. My second thought was that perhaps they had an auto accident and went off the side of the road or into water.

I can't imagine the stress of having 5 children by the time your 24.
    I'm 35 with 3 children - 3, 10 and 11 and some days are hard.
    Don't mind the misspellings.

This article has a different story, but I think it is just a case of bad reporting. In the comments under the article somebody posted info directly from the Amber Alert that names a suspect. Status: Suspect Name: Gutierra ,Eloy Gender: Male Race: White Eye Color: Brown Hair Color: Black Height: 5'11 Weight: 175 lbs. Current Age: 27 Year(s) Age Last Seen: Location Last Seen: Foley, Alabama NCIC Number: 31975802

The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency has issued an Amber Alert for a woman and six children whom they say she abducted.
    http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index....r_woman_s.html
    Last edited by ClaireNC; 07-15-2015 at 11:43 AM.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinadll View Post
    I am new to WS. I live in Foley. I had the same question... Why are some listed as just missing? I will see what I can find out and post what I can.

They just issued an Amber alert.
    Hi neighbor. I just got the Amber alert too. I hope this is on topic, wasn't there just an arrest in Foley a few days ago where 7 or 8 people were arrested and one of them was wanted for murder in TX? Off to try and find more information on that, the mention of TX and Foley sounds familiar.

Welcome!

I'm wondering if this is related to the ICE bust in Foley, I think it was a week ago?
    Life is an attitude... have a good one :Bananahi:

Quote Originally Posted by Willow Knight View Post
    Hi neighbor. I just got the Amber alert too. I hope this is on topic, wasn't there just an arrest in Foley a few days ago where 7 or 8 people were arrested and one of them was wanted for murder in TX? Off to try and find more information on that, the mention of TX and Foley sounds familiar.

Welcome!
    Here is an article about the arrest you mentioned. None of the names seem to match up. This sounds like a brutal bunch.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index....s_ranging.html
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Hello Your right! Wasn't there also a woman that was found that was kidnapped during that bust?

Some of the articles spell her name Nora Grienier, and some spell it Nora Grenier.

And sometimes it is spelled both ways in the same article.

This looks reallly bad. Those poor kids
    Still missing! William Tyrrell, Deorr Kunz, Crystal Rogers, Andrew Alexander and Tanner Skelton.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast