1260 users online (230 members and 1030 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by cgoodwin22 View Post
    So, they are also saying they will announce further information at tomorrow's conference in Bedford. Not sure why they wouldn't tell us today.
    The gentleman speaking (sorry can't remember his name) said it was a courtesy to some local media people who couldn't be there today. Not sure what is going on but it sounds like they are trying to be fair to someone who perhaps helped them with something in the case. How is that for a vague observation. LOL

I think I was 15 when this happened. It made national news.

The information reported earlier this year just sickens me. This Lloyd Welch Jr said he witnessed his uncle abusing one of the girls

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-sisters.html

Patricia Walsh was indicted on lying to the Grand Jury earlier.

This family is something else. We can all see what this family is about. Sexual abuse, violence, must have been going on for generations and continues today.

Evil never goes away. The best we can do on this planet is identify the evil and contain it if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    The gentleman speaking (sorry can't remember his name) said it was a courtesy to some local media people who couldn't be there today. Not sure what is going on but it sounds like they are trying to be fair to someone who perhaps helped them with something in the case. How is that for a vague observation. LOL

I think I was 15 when this happened. It made national news.

The information reported earlier this year just sickens me. This Lloyd Welch Jr said he witnessed his uncle abusing one of the girls

Patricia Walsh was indicted on lying to the Grand Jury earlier.

This family is something else. We can all see what this family is about. Sexual abuse, violence, must have been going on for generations and continues today.

Evil never goes away. The best we can do on this planet is identify the evil and contain it if possible.
    The family is the epitome of white trash...from top to bottom.

Isn't it just amazing? A 1975 cold case broken!

A reporter thinks this will be a 'no body' prosecution and there doesn't seem to be any indication of any remains found:

We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Wow! Finally!!
    I'm from Maryland and this case has haunted me forever!

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    Q: Any forensic evidence?

A: No comment...Not permitted as pros to ethically answer

Have to apply charge in place in 1975

Q: DNA testing being done?

A: No comment

2x counts of first degree felony murder, one for ea victim
    Unless more information comes out at the Virginia conference, it really sounds like they have little or next to nothing to me.

Normally, if they found forensic evidence such as DNA evidence, the press conference would have started out something like, "We regret to inform you that DNA has confirmed the deaths...."

Because all the digging was done in VA, mostly by VA police, maybe the VA police are being allowed to make the announcement tomorrow.

As discussed in detail previously, any statements from Lloyd, aka Lloyd the Liar, are unlikely to be believable. Lloyd's statement or confession to a fellow inmate that he buried the bodies on family property in VA, will be proven to be a lie if the police can't find the bodies on family property.

Disclaimer: I have NOT listened to the conference and have only seen news reports.

Prosecutors don't need a body to try a case - they just think they do, in my opinion. That's what grinds too many cases to a halt. But seriously, as a juror faced with a defendant who admits they last saw a missing child victim driven off and then being sexually assaulted and did not inform LE?

There is going to be serious jail time.

It seems to me this case could have been prosecuted years before, if only someone had had a bit more courage.

It also seems a little strange to me that many media reports refer to 'sexual assaults' when it is clearly rape. I don't know if that's true in this case but it definitely is in many others. I don't understand it. Is there some legal difference/definition?
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

It will be interesting to see what the press conference says tomorrow. I am having difficulty thinking that Lloyd managed to kidnap and murder two girls on his own without any help.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

There is no excuse for human or animal abuse.

Neal Augenstein@AugensteinWTOP

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    Neal Augenstein@AugensteinWTOP
    Indictments are ALWAYS written with the widest possible dates that in theory the crime could have occurred.
    They always read "on or about" or between earliest possible date and latest possible date to prevent a criminal from escaping justice if he can prove he prove crime happened a day before or later than the date on the indictment.

Does anyone have a link to the indictment?

I have not seen any solid evidence that the girls were even in Virginia, other than some statement Lloyd the liar made to some other inmate (likely also a liar), but unless the police find the bodies on the Welch family property as Lloyd the liar claimed, the police just confirmed that Loyd lied about his criminal activity (he may have just lied about where he burred the bodies).

There was some evidence that Lloyd was in VA and may have even asked a relative to wash a bloody shirt, which Lloyd claimed was hamburger stains/blood in one press report.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...31436972192857

More info here than the other links posted if anyone didnt see the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post

I would not take anything in the Daily Mail at face value or insult others based on what's in the Daily Mail.

Two other false headlines in the Daily Mail today are "Obama berates Bill Cosby" (Obama did say rape was bad, but did not say if Bill Cosby was a rapist in response to a question about Cosby) and "Of course Bill Cosby is Guilty" say former cast member (he said Bill Cosby was guilty of womanizing and cheating on his wife, but did not say he was guilty of rape)

As to reporting what Lloyd Welch said in a headline, I don't know a single person who would believe what Llyod says about anything without confirming it with a more reliable source, and Lloyd later denied any involvement in a letter to the Washington Post.

The Daily Mail is known for going beyond tabloid journalism by writing sensationalist headlines (click bait) that are often contradicted by the story, if one actually reads the story:

"A “tabloid” magazine is very different from a magazine that uses “tabloid journalism” to obtain high readership. The one doesn’t necessarily include — or preclude — the other. That said, DM is not above sensationalist headlines that require further reading before resharing, lest the article you share actually invalidates the point you’re trying to make."
    http://realorsatire.com/dailymail-co-uk/

He carried two duffel bags, each weighing about 60 or 70 pounds, that had red stains

Quote Originally Posted by Sporky View Post

More info here than the other links posted if anyone didnt see the video.
    Thanks for the link to the Washington Post Article. The first paragraphs summarize the "most compelling evidence" but I would still like to see the incitement if anyone has the link. I think if there was DNA evidence in the indictment, the Washington Post would have mentioned it.

"In 1975, Lloyd Lee Welch pulled up to a relative’s home along a steep hillside in Virginia, 200 miles southwest of suburban Washington. He carried two duffel bags, each weighing about 60 or 70 pounds, that had red stains and an odor of decay. A fire was built. The bags were thrown into it.

The account, as alleged in a search warrant affidavit unsealed Wednesday in Bedford County, Va., appears to be one of the most compelling pieces of evidence that police believe ties Welch to the long-ago disappearance of Sheila Lyon, 12, and Katherine Lyon, 10."

...... much later in the article:

"The account of the fire and duffel bags came from a detectives’ interview with Welch’s cousin, Henry Parker, on Dec. 6, 2014, according to a search warrant application."

A Search Warrant saying Lloyd brought two bloody, smelling dufel bags to VA

On the following news article
    http://wsls.com/2015/07/15/new-detai...ers-cold-case/

I found a link to what looks like a photograph or bad scanned search warrant:

http://wx.wsls.com/documents/WelchDocs.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by amh View Post
    Notice that the VA Sheriff said, "those responsible" and "these killers". I think RAW will be joining his evil nephew.
    "It's unbelievable that people can disappear off the face of the Earth without a trace when they find dinosaur bones and identify them." ~ John Lyon

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast