1198 users online (168 members and 1030 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Anyway , something sure seems off about her husband , including the way he described their hour and a half on the deck after the football game he said .... "everything was good" .... "there were no problems that way" ... and all his answers were carefully "thought out" as though to make sure he said "the right thing" (deceptive) , why would he go out of his way to say those things .

Compare that to when he was asked about all the searchers who gathered on his street Monday , he quickly blurted out all the information with ease and without thinking about it (no deception)

When asked about the early morning he said he was sleeping when she left , then said she left at 7:00 , then said the whining dog made him think she left at 7, then realizing the contradiction he quickly added he was "in a sleepy state" when she left and proceeded to shoot a nervous glance toward the policeman on his left.

Hard to hear but at the very end of the video a reporter asks him his thoughts about finding her glasses he replies ... "well its something"

This guy is nervous as hell and those quick smiles are a mask.

I didnt get the sense that he was nervous about what he was saying, the info he was providing.........though perhaps like many people, he was a bit uncomfortable speaking to a group of strangers while being filmed - I know I would be. His facial expressions seemed relaxed to me and consistent throughout the interview, except of course when he claimed they'd come in the house at 10pm to go to bed, then he quickly clarified that by explaining she reads before bed, he watches TV.

If she was seen walking and LE seems to be convinced that that IS her on video walking in that one residential area, that obviously rules out hubby doing anything to her between evening and morning. I really don't get a sense that there is any family involvement here at all. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie M View Post
    Anyway , something sure seems off about her husband , including the way he described their hour and a half on the deck after the football game he said .... "everything was good" .... "there were no problems that way" ... and all his answers were carefully "thought out" as though to make sure he said "the right thing" (deceptive) , why would he go out of his way to say those things .

Compare that to when he was asked about all the searchers who gathered on his street Monday , he quickly blurted out all the information with ease and without thinking about it (no deception)

When asked about the early morning he said he was sleeping when she left , then said she left at 7:00 , then said the whining dog made him think she left at 7, then realizing the contradiction he quickly added he was "in a sleepy state" when she left and proceeded to shoot a nervous glance toward the policeman on his left.

Hard to hear but at the very end of the video a reporter asks him his thoughts about finding her glasses he replies ... "well its something"

This guy is nervous as hell and those quick smiles are a mask.

I feel really bad for her brother.

but she was supposed to meet him after her walk - couldn't something have happened then?

Quote Originally Posted by LayzeeDayzee View Post
    I didnt get the sense that he was nervous about what he was saying, the info he was providing.........though perhaps like many people, he was a bit uncomfortable speaking to a group of strangers while being filmed - I know I would be. His facial expressions seemed relaxed to me and consistent throughout the interview, except of course when he claimed they'd come in the house at 10pm to go to bed, then he quickly clarified that by explaining she reads before bed, he watches TV.

If she was seen walking and LE seems to be convinced that that IS her on video walking in that one residential area, that obviously rules out hubby doing anything to her between evening and morning. I really don't get a sense that there is any family involvement here at all. JMO.
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 07-17-2015 at 08:57 AM. Reason: repair quote

So searchers found Thelma's glasses but not her cell phone.

I find it odd that Thelma and her husband didn't agree to meet at the Canadian Tire Store on Regent Avenue at a specific time. Her husband said he wasn't concerned when he hadn't heard from her by 10 am. so did he go to CT to meet Thelma? Perhaps Thelma was supposed to call her husband when she got to CT, but that's not what her husband said. And, why would Thelma change her plan?

<snipped>
    The pair had planned to meet at Canadian Tire on Regent Avenue on Saturday morning – Thelma was going to walk over there and Robert would drive the truck up later, he said. He was still asleep when she left around 7 a.m., but heard the family dog cry out as she was leaving.
    "I assumed that she had changed the plans – it’s not that uncommon," he said -- however he became concerned when he hadn't heard from her by 10 a.m.
    Last edited by Crosby87; 07-16-2015 at 11:24 AM.

Police were searching the roof of the community club yesterday. I found that to be odd.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    "No one believes a word out of your mouth, why do you keep talking?" --Ryan Owens (ABC News)

Quote Originally Posted by KMouse View Post
    Police were searching the roof of the community club yesterday. I found that to be odd.

He did say he was going to buy a ladder from CT that morning ..... hmmmmm .

Most people who have a dog take them for a walk first thing in the morning. Did the family dog usually accompany Thelma on her walks?

I haven't watched his media interview yet. Just heard he used the past tense when speaking about her. Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

"No one believes a word out of your mouth, why do you keep talking?" --Ryan Owens (ABC News)

I find it surprising that nobody saw her after 0723 hours.

Did Thelma’s husband leave their house after his wife left? His wife was seen walking on a surveillance camera at 7:23 am so if he didn’t leave the house because he was waiting for his wife to call him when she got to CT, doesn’t that rule him out as a poi?

Police haven't said who went where after 0723.

The roof search baffles me.

I guess it is also possible they are looking for her cellphone on the roof , or anything that may have been tossed up there.

I keep thinking her glasses were dropped off there as a diversion.

WPS dive team is searching the red river near the train bridge and Cibo waterfront cafe.
    That is south of where Thelma went missing and against the current. Unknown what this search is related to.

Is there a way LE can locate Thelma's cell phone?

Each year the City of Winnipeg sprays to get rid of mosquitoes so I haven't found them to be a problem and I am outside walking my dog every evening. According to Thelma's husband, the couple was forced to go inside their house at 10 o'clock when the mosquitoes came out.

Also, the husband said he and his wife talked about the things they were going to do around the house on Saturday yet one media report says the wife was going to a birthday party for her grandchild. Was her husband supposed to go to the party with his wife?

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast