Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Thelma Krull
WPS_Missing_ThelmaKrull_350.jpg

THELMA KRULL: Police asking for surveillance footage
The Winnipeg Police Service continues to request the public’s assistance in locating 58-year-old Thelma Krull. She was last seen early Saturday morning, July 11, 2015, in the Harborview South area of Winnipeg.

Krull is known to take long walks through a variety of routes, pathways and trails. She is also known to walk towards the area of the 2000 block of Henderson Highway. On Saturday morning, it is possible she may have been en route to the 1500 block of Regent Avenue West.

Police are requesting that anyone who has a home security camera or a business camera in the surrounding areas where Krull was last seen to review their footage between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 11. If any footage of Krull is observed, please contact the Winnipeg Police Service Missing Persons Unit with this information.
[video=youtube;SF39UJQYliw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF39UJQYliw[/video]
http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/man...-update-missing-woman-investigation-1.3152984

"Police searched Valley Gardens Community Centre again on Tuesday; family members said a locator ping came from Krull’s cellphone at that location on Saturday. Police also searched Bunn’s Creek Tuesday.

Family, friends and strangers also continued to look for Krull, who set out for a walk at about 7:20 a.m. Saturday. There have been no reported sightings of her since she was recorded passing a neighbour’s surveillance camera at 7:23 a.m. Saturday."

http://globalnews.ca/news/2109518/search-stretches-into-day-4-for-thelma-krull-57/

I am so glad that LE is on top of this

"Police search efforts for missing Winnipeg woman, Thelma Krull, have focused around Valley Gardens Community Club on Tuesday.

Police have found an item of interest in the area.

Day four of the search has included Bunn's Creek area, the 1900 block of Henderson Highway, and the Valley Gardens area."

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/man...us-on-valley-gardens-community-club-1.3151422

VIDEO: Missing Woman’s Glasses Found In Valley Gardens
Searchers have found the glasses of Thelma Krull, who has been missing for five days.

Winnipeg police say they found the glasses in the Valley Gardens area yesterday. A large police presence searched the area near the Valley Gardens Community Club and Kildonan East Collegiate.

Krull went out for a hike Saturday morning around 7 am. With the discovery of her glasses, police believe she was in the Valley Garden Community Club area sometime between 7 and 10 am.
http://www.cjob.com/2015/07/15/78922/?sc

[video=youtube;R9UuFmX_8gE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9UuFmX_8gE[/video]

That's an odd time to meet up with random foul play. Surely the local thu-gs are sleeping this early in the morning. I wonder if she was targeted by someone who knew that she'd be out early.

This was todays press conference at 1pm Central...

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/video?binId=1.1164782

As an added note...we've been extremely hot & muggy here for the last week...in particular Saturday...I think it's been the hottest day this year so far.....we reached 42C with humidex...it's been cooler since but not a heck of a lot...
I can understand going out so early ...it's still fairly cool then...if a long walk was planned...

“We’re not ruling out anything in this investigation. We don’t know what’s happened to Thelma. We’re on Day 5 now,” Neufeld said at a news conference Wednesday.

She said there were a lot of people in the Valley Gardens area who may have seen something.

“There’s a lot of space. There were people playing tennis in that area that morning. There were people playing football, people out walking, people out jogging. There were lots of people out in that area,” Neufeld said.

“If you noticed someone walking in that area, in those fields, give us a call. We want to talk to you.”

Krull was training for a seven-day hike in British Columbia and police said she may also have been walking on Henderson Highway and Regent Avenue West.

Krull’s husband, Robert, urged anyone who might have seen something to call police.

“This is Winnipeg. It’s a great city and we need your help. Please, if you have anything — anything — tell the police,” he said."

http://www.citynews.ca/2015/07/15/w...-call-in-sightings-of-missing-winnipeg-woman/
rbbm.

That's an odd time to meet up with random foul play. Surely the local thu-gs are sleeping this early in the morning. I wonder if she was targeted by someone who knew that she'd be out early.

Thinking that on a hot summer's day/night, some of the locals may have only just been returning from an evening out, others without a/c, may have had trouble sleeping in the heat, and gone outside hoping for some fresher air..

Hate to say this but several times her husband speaks of her in the past tense

--- Thelma was a very positive person
--- that is what she liked to do

If he knew she was alive he would say

--- Thelma is a very positive person
--- that is what she likes to do

My instincts tell me he knows what happened to her , I hope I am wrong.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/Missing-womans-husband-pleads-for-information-315443781.html
That was the first thing I picked up on. I'm sure LE noticed it too.

I also thought it a bit strange she was planning to go to BC for a 7 day hiking trip ..... my first thoughts "who is she meeting there" ?

Later we are told her brother (from BC) was doing the hike too , so that looks less suspicious.

In the video of her walking at 7:23 am it looks as though she is texting on her cellphone .... maybe its just me , but when I go for an early morning brisk walk the last thing I want to be doing is texting someone .

There was also mention of her having headphones , maybe she was setting up her phone to play some tunes , that would make sense.

Anyway , something sure seems off about her husband , including the way he described their hour and a half on the deck after the football game he said .... "everything was good" .... "there were no problems that way" ... and all his answers were carefully "thought out" as though to make sure he said "the right thing" (deceptive) , why would he go out of his way to say those things .

Compare that to when he was asked about all the searchers who gathered on his street Monday , he quickly blurted out all the information with ease and without thinking about it (no deception)

When asked about the early morning he said he was sleeping when she left , then said she left at 7:00 , then said the whining dog made him think she left at 7, then realizing the contradiction he quickly added he was "in a sleepy state" when she left and proceeded to shoot a nervous glance toward the policeman on his left.

Hard to hear but at the very end of the video a reporter asks him his thoughts about finding her glasses he replies ... "well its something"

This guy is nervous as hell and those quick smiles are a mask.

I didnt get the sense that he was nervous about what he was saying, the info he was providing.........though perhaps like many people, he was a bit uncomfortable speaking to a group of strangers while being filmed - I know I would be. His facial expressions seemed relaxed to me and consistent throughout the interview, except of course when he claimed they'd come in the house at 10pm to go to bed, then he quickly clarified that by explaining she reads before bed, he watches TV.

If she was seen walking and LE seems to be convinced that that IS her on video walking in that one residential area, that obviously rules out hubby doing anything to her between evening and morning. I really don't get a sense that there is any family involvement here at all. JMO.

Anyway , something sure seems off about her husband , including the way he described their hour and a half on the deck after the football game he said .... "everything was good" .... "there were no problems that way" ... and all his answers were carefully "thought out" as though to make sure he said "the right thing" (deceptive) , why would he go out of his way to say those things .

Compare that to when he was asked about all the searchers who gathered on his street Monday , he quickly blurted out all the information with ease and without thinking about it (no deception)

When asked about the early morning he said he was sleeping when she left , then said she left at 7:00 , then said the whining dog made him think she left at 7, then realizing the contradiction he quickly added he was "in a sleepy state" when she left and proceeded to shoot a nervous glance toward the policeman on his left.

Hard to hear but at the very end of the video a reporter asks him his thoughts about finding her glasses he replies ... "well its something"

This guy is nervous as hell and those quick smiles are a mask.

but she was supposed to meet him after her walk - couldn't something have happened then?

I didnt get the sense that he was nervous about what he was saying, the info he was providing.........though perhaps like many people, he was a bit uncomfortable speaking to a group of strangers while being filmed - I know I would be. His facial expressions seemed relaxed to me and consistent throughout the interview, except of course when he claimed they'd come in the house at 10pm to go to bed, then he quickly clarified that by explaining she reads before bed, he watches TV.

If she was seen walking and LE seems to be convinced that that IS her on video walking in that one residential area, that obviously rules out hubby doing anything to her between evening and morning. I really don't get a sense that there is any family involvement here at all. JMO.

So searchers found Thelma's glasses but not her cell phone.

I find it odd that Thelma and her husband didn't agree to meet at the Canadian Tire Store on Regent Avenue at a specific time. Her husband said he wasn't concerned when he hadn't heard from her by 10 am. so did he go to CT to meet Thelma? Perhaps Thelma was supposed to call her husband when she got to CT, but that's not what her husband said. And, why would Thelma change her plan?

<snipped>
The pair had planned to meet at Canadian Tire on Regent Avenue on Saturday morning &#8211; Thelma was going to walk over there and Robert would drive the truck up later, he said. He was still asleep when she left around 7 a.m., but heard the family dog cry out as she was leaving.
"I assumed that she had changed the plans &#8211; it&#8217;s not that uncommon," he said -- however he became concerned when he hadn't heard from her by 10 a.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member