1319 users online (234 members and 1085 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Thelma Krull's daughter says reports the Homicide Unit has taken over the search for her mother are not true. #cbcmb

by Caroline Barghout via twitter on ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2015 at ‎2‎:‎33‎:‎33‎ ‎PM
    "No one believes a word out of your mouth, why do you keep talking?" --Ryan Owens (ABC News)

Sniffer dogs don't work well if searchers/others have trampled the scent or rain. I know the dogs are out there and I presume they tried to use them to get a fresh track from the articles that were found with the glasses.
    "No one believes a word out of your mouth, why do you keep talking?" --Ryan Owens (ABC News)

Sniffer dogs also can't do anything if the scent gets into a vehicle. They handler will know if the scent stops on a road or parking lot.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Google maps around the Community Center https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.92089...8i6656!6m1!1e1

LoriMcA is offline June 4, 2010...never forget...never give up...
    Walking distance maps/routes from the Krull home to both the VGCC and Canadian Tire on Regent:

VG1w.jpg VG2w.jpg

&

And what google maps predicts as the most plausible route from home...to VGCC...to Canadian Tire.....IF that had been her intended trip that day to walk to Canadian Tire after VGCC to meet her husband as he has mentioned.
    VG3w.jpg

&

Maybe she stopped in at the community club to use the washroom. Was it open at that time?

Quote Originally Posted by KMouse View Post
    Maybe she stopped in at the community club to use the washroom. Was it open at that time?

Well I don't know if they have any outdoor...unlocked washrooms...but I checked their website....regular CC hrs are Monday to Friday 6:00pm to 9:00pm. Saturday/Sunday 12:00pm to 6:00pm. They also have a daycare there...but their hrs are only weekdays...

http://www.valleygardenscc.com/view/valleygardenscc/contact-us

&

Quote Originally Posted by LoriMcA View Post
    Well I don't know if they have any outdoor...unlocked washrooms...but I checked their website....regular CC hrs are Monday to Friday 6:00pm to 9:00pm. Saturday/Sunday 12:00pm to 6:00pm. They also have a daycare there...but their hrs are only weekdays...

http://www.valleygardenscc.com/view/valleygardenscc/contact-us
    Sometimes the CC's are open because there is something going but I haven't heard anything.

Bus drivers offer reward for Thelma Krull tips

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/07/16/bus-drivers-offer-reward-for-thelma-krull-tips

"A lot of our members were wondering what can we do, let's do something, so this is what we're going to try," <<<<rsbm
    Last edited by LoriMcA; 07-16-2015 at 06:40 PM. Reason: added title of article

&

Quote Originally Posted by KMouse View Post
    Sometimes the CC's are open because there is something going but I haven't heard anything.
    I haven't heard there was anything going on there that morning either...it's baffling this case....
    I know when LE held their press conference yesterday the one officer mentioned that there were people playing tennis...football...and walking *maybe they are hopeful that people were?* ...but no mention of a scheduled event or activity happening at that time....
    Last edited by LoriMcA; 07-16-2015 at 06:45 PM. Reason: darn spelling!

&

Quote Originally Posted by LoriMcA View Post
    And what google maps predicts as the most plausible route from home...to VGCC...to Canadian Tire.....IF that had been her intended trip that day to walk to Canadian Tire after VGCC to meet her husband as he has mentioned.
    Google maps isn't really for walking, for example it still shows the 'reccomended route' as following major roads, whereas a walker will usually take the side streets. Rather than retrace my steps, as the map shows, I would have cut through or around the VG playing fields and walked residential streets rather than Molson St. as shown. Perhaps the glasses were found on the actual playing fields, that seemed to be what police were searching.
    Last edited by Satchie; 07-16-2015 at 08:29 PM. Reason: map too big

Quote Originally Posted by Satchie View Post
    Google maps isn't really for walking, for example it still shows the 'reccomended route' as following major roads, whereas a walker will usually take the side streets. Rather than retrace my steps, as the map shows, I would have cut through or around the VG playing fields and walked residential streets rather than Molson St. as shown. Perhaps the glasses were found on the actual playing fields, that seemed to be what police were searching.
    As I said....it was what Google Maps predicted as most plausible...and it was done with the walking option rather than driving...which changes it up completely again...that area also has a lot of bays which end in fenced yards...and no back lanes...makes cutting through difficult....

As none of us know her 'actual' route...this was the best guess...and gave a picture for anyone who doesn't live here...where it's all taking place...

In all of yesterday's news about VGCC they were indeed out at the back *south* of the CC in the fields towards the hill beside Kildonan East Collegiate...

Unfortunately LE aren't telling 'where' they found the glasses other than the general VG area...but in the middle of an investigation...they aren't going to either

&

I do not think a "route map" applies in this situation ..... she was not trying to go from point A to point B ..... quite the opposite .... she was going for an indirect long walk which would eventually end up at the Canadian Tire Store 2 or 3 hours later.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie M View Post

I do not think a "route map" applies in this situation ..... she was not trying to go from point A to point B ..... quite the opposite .... she was going for an indirect long walk which would eventually end up at the Canadian Tire Store 2 or 3 hours later.
    As I said ...Google Maps 'predicted' routes from A to B....but we don't know what for certain those points are....We know where her home is...and we know where *approximately* her glasses were found...and we know at some point she was supposed to meet her husband at Canadian Tire.....

The reason I did put up the aerial views and possible routes...was to show where abouts the 'points' are...and approximate distances/times of travel....

I'm fortunate enough to live here...so I can see it in my own head where all these places are...what they look like...how to get from A to B...including short cuts...

For some it is helpful to see a visual of some kind to 'place' everything....at least this way....it can be seen where VGCC is....Canadian Tire....how far approx...how long to walk it approx...etc...

Just a tool to help really

&

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast