CT CT - Anthony 'Ray' Roberson, 54, New Haven, 15 July 2015

wow. i hope they find the rest of this person.

Really thought this might have been someone hit by a train until they found the arm in the plastic bag.

Police were alerted to the legs on Monday and responded but didn't find them. The witnesses went back to the police on Wednesday with photographs.

Witnesses say the legs were found between State Street itself and the train tracks in some bushes. In those bushes is a chain link fence to prevent people and animals from getting down to the train tracks. Near that fence is where the bottom part of two human legs were found, startling Pablo Rivera and his friend on Monday.

“He started screaming, ‘hey, come here, I think I found something, two human legs, come here, I want to make sure it is real,'” Rivera said.

He alerted police on Monday, but officials couldn’t find anything.

“The officers called it in. They had the fire department respond as well,” said Hartman. “I don’t know what tools were used, but if you didn’t know what you were looking for and you didn’t have someone there to point out where they were talking about, it would be almost a futile search.”

Rivera went back to the police with pictures on Wednesday.

http://wtnh.com/2015/07/15/human-body-parts-found-in-downtown-new-haven/

They've now said that there were two arms in the bag - minus the hands. Looks like they didn't want the victim identified.

Just heard on the news this morning that DNA testing underway. They say it should take about a week and a half.

Local news spot just said they know who's legs they were - details coming up at noon.

Ok, according to DNA the legs belonged to a local homeless man (I missed the name) - the arms DO NOT belong to the same person but have not been identified yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back