1211 users online (196 members and 1015 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    From the link, this horrid bit makes me wonder if somebody was making money from this travesty, and perhaps why, several people, including females associated with these characters, stayed quiet imo.

"The indictments say Welch's alleged crimes happened sometime between March 25th and April 15th, 1975.

That suggests 10-year-old Katherine and 12-year-old Sheila Lyon could have been held alive and captive for up to three weeks before they were killed."
    If Lloyd showed up with two duffel bags smelling of decomposed flesh, it's nearly certain in my opinion that they were dead days before they made it to Taylor's Mountain. Not all of the information has been released, but I have seen no information that the girls were alive anytime in Virginia. Only the legal presumption that the murder happened in the state where the bodies were found is the only reason I can see for VA bringing charges more than unlawful disposal of a corpse (whose statute of limitations likely expired).

If other relatives only helped Lloyd dispose of bodies, I can easily see people doing this; It was even a subplot of one Seinfeld Show where Kramer would turn Jerry in while George would help dispose of the body.

Any photos of the Uncle Richard Welch? Any idea where he lives?
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

Quote Originally Posted by Skully View Post
    Any photos of the Uncle Richard Welch? Any idea where he lives?

There is even a picture of his house in his hometown newspaper article. Just a reminder - Don't take the law into your own hands. There are also more pictures of him posted on Websluth around the time he was named a person of interest - I think he even has his own thread here.

http://hyattsvillelife.com/exclusive...-in-1975-case/

http://hyattsvillelife.com/exclusive...-in-1975-case/welchsr-150x150.jpg

"Now police suspect that his uncle, Richard Welch, said to be in his 70s, was working as a security guard in or near the mall when the girls disappeared.

“We encourage people with any information regarding Mr. Welch’s employment at that time to contact law enforcement as soon as possible,” said Russ Hamill, assistant chief of Montgomery County Police."
    rbbm.

I'm just glad to see the truth finally come out after all this time. I just wonder what else will be said at the meeting tomorrow in Bedford. I wonder if the uncle Richard Welch is guilty in any part of this as well.

Virginia has the death penalty and actually uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigcookie View Post
    I'm just glad to see the truth finally come out after all this time. I just wonder what else will be said at the meeting tomorrow in Bedford. I wonder if the uncle Richard Welch is guilty in any part of this as well.
    I really hope some DNA evidence comes out at the Bedford press conference. I am not sure one gets the truth from Lloyd (who may or many not have implicated his uncle), a jail house snitch (who said the body was buried not burned) and people who helped burning a body (or looked the other way as bloody, smelling of death duffel bags are burned).

Because Lloyd was a carless, nearly homeless person in 1975, it's my opinion that he had help, either knowingly or unknowingly, to even get himself to Taylor's mountain. Lloyd likely did not have enough money in is pocket to buy two duffel bags or gasoline to get to Taylor's mountain.

There has been speculation, but no credible evidence in my opinion, that Lloyd as part of a large child-abduction group.

I have a feeling they're going to announce finding remains today.

Lot of articles at this link WDBJ7

No DNA or remains have been announced as found. I think this press conference was sending a message to those who are still involved and holding back secrets or have lied. That these police are not letting up.

Agreed...people involved in this case are close to releasing crucial info that I think the investigators speculate about but need corroboration

Quote Originally Posted by mrssunshine View Post
    No DNA or remains have been announced as found. I think this press conference was sending a message to those who are still involved and holding back secrets or have lied. That these police are not letting up.
    Assuming the reason no DNA or remains has been announced is because none has been found, Lloyd, if guilty, is one lucky idiot.

If the bodies were burned at a very high temperature, as when cremated, that would have destroyed any evidence.

It's also possible that a fire did not totally destroy the body, leaving major bones, and Lloyed disposed of these some other way since even an idiot would not leave human bones laying around the yard.

In any case, burning the bodies does seem like a very good plan for someone as dumb as Lloyd, making me think he had advice from someone else on how to dispose of evidence. The part about getting help from his cousin, now a potential witness to burn the duffel bags and asking his aunt to clean bloody cloths is the level of stupidity I would expect from Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by siriunsun View Post
    Virginia has the death penalty and actually uses it.
    Yeah, they have the quickest turnaround when it comes to moving on from conviction to execution. I think it only took a little over 5 years for John Allen Muhammad (DC Sniper case) to go from sentencing to exhausting his appeals to execution.

Quote Originally Posted by steveP120 View Post
    Assuming the reason no DNA or remains has been announced is because none has been found, Lloyd, if guilty, is one lucky idiot.

If the bodies were burned at a very high temperature, as when cremated, that would have destroyed any evidence.

It's also possible that a fire did not totally destroy the body, leaving major bones, and Lloyed disposed of these some other way since even an idiot would not leave human bones laying around the yard.

In any case, burning the bodies does seem like a very good plan for someone as dumb as Lloyd, making me think he had advice from someone else on how to dispose of evidence. The part about getting help from his cousin, now a potential witness to burn the duffel bags and asking his aunt to clean bloody cloths is the level of stupidity I would expect from Lloyd.
    All investigators need to do is find the site of the campfire, and viola! They will have all the evidence they need. Archeologists have gleaned all kinds of information about all kinds of things concerning civilizations that have been extinct for thousands of years by sifting through campfire sites!

From the Washington Post article:

quote:

Should the case go to trial, prosecutors face a difficult task. Exactly where the girls were killed remains unclear — underscoring the challenges of building a case after 40 years. Crime scenes disappear. Memories fade. Records can’t be found.

Such “no-body” homicide cases are relatively rare — and the Lyon sisters case is unusual even in that group. Indeed, if jurors hear the case, it would represent the longest-known duration between someone’s disappearance and a “no-body” trial in U.S. history, according to statistics kept by Tad DiBiase, a former assistant U.S. attorney in the District who has written a book on the subject.

unquote.

News analysts and lawyers have made a point of saying that this will be a difficult case to try for a number of reasons.

My impression is that Prosecutors are going to follow up this indictment with another suspect or suspects soon, perhaps hoping to play one against the other in plea bargains.

It is certainly hoped that in the end some true answers can be found and the girls bodies can be returned home to Maryland.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...c09_story.html
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 07-16-2015 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Add link

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast