1381 users online (250 members and 1131 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46
    Additional details (but not much).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1e2_story.html

Also in court, prosecutors laid out an outline of what happened to the girls, relying in part on Welch’s earlier recollections of what he saw in 1975.

In the prosecutors’ narrative, the girls were abducted from the Wheaton mall and killed.

The remains of one or both girls were taken, by Welch, to land his family owned in a rural part of Bedford County, Va., where he tossed the remains into a fire, according to prosecutors.

Left unanswered is who, besides Welch was involved in the Lyon sisters deaths, where they were killed, and where the bodies are. Authorities have said other participants in murders are either dead or their roles could not be proven.

Welch said he was in the basement, in the days after the girls were abducted and saw his father and an uncle dismember one of the Lyon sisters, according to court records.

The older men threatened him, Welch said, and forced him to clean up the remains and take them to family land in Bedford, detectives recounted in pretrial testimony.

Last edited by monkeyboy13; 09-12-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy13 View Post
    It is horrific to read this in words even though we knew many of the details. I'm so sorry for the Lyon family for the suffering they have endured.

Rest In Peace Shelia and Katherine you will not be forgotten.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

There is no excuse for human or animal abuse.

There still are many unanswered questions. I hope the judge will be able to release the gag order and that law enforcement will be able to tie up the many loose ends.

The frustrating part of these cases resolutions is sometimes the lack of a narrative or timeline. LLW apparently did lie at least somewhat in the initial interviews with investigators. I am not sure if we can even expect his entire confession to be truthful; his defense attorney seems to insist he had nothing to do with sexually assaulting these poor young girls. For someone who already had multiple child-sex convictions, I don't think it is even possible to "save face".

I think detectives will reveal at least that LLW had knowledge that only an insider would have- something that was never revealed in the press. This could be a detail about an article of clothing or a physical/personality trait.

I do not know the time frame or the procedure for obtaining the evidence against LLW, but I think it would be very fascinating to find out how a case was built after so many years. It may be as simple as a bluff that placed LLW at the mall.

Hats off to MoCo police detectives for your great work!

Questions remain...

There are indeed a lot of unanswered questions remaining. Hopefully Welch will be compelled as part of his plea agreement to provide some answers that can be checked into. Hopefully the girls' bodies can be recovered. Hopefully others responsible will be named.

Va. prosecutors won’t seek charges against Welch’s uncle in Lyon sisters case

http://wtop.com/local/2017/09/richar...sters-murders/

“With the intensive investigations that have taken place, I’m no longer comfortable calling any other individual a person of interest,” Bedford County Commonwealth’s Attorney Wes Nance said.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy13 View Post
    Va. prosecutors won’t seek charges against Welch’s uncle in Lyon sisters case

http://wtop.com/local/2017/09/richar...sters-murders/
    Remember, LLW2 was not the only one to say that RAW1 was involved. Wesley Dexter Morgan Justice (son of Aaron Dexter Justice and Ruth Welch Justice- sister to LLW1 and RAW1) also said RAW1 was involved. Wes was just a nine year old kid in 1975, so he had no involvement in the crimes, and no reason to implicate RAW1. He's not on the hook for anything and he had nothing to gain by making that statement.

"Richard Welch's nephew Wes Justice claims his uncle confided in him about the murders. Richard Welch is a person of interest in the case. Justice told law enforcement about a conversation he had with Richard Welch in which he claims his uncle said he and several family members raped, murdered, chopped up, and burned Sheila and Katherine Lyon, according to sources."
    http://wset.com/archive/welch-nephew...n-sisters-case

I do not for one minute think this is the only case LLW and/or his friends or members of his family were involved in. I believe this man holds many SECRETS! Because of this case, we know that this man has connections which may extend cross-country at least by use of a 1975 carnival company. How many other cases may have had a carnival in town at the time or murders and/or disappearances? We already know that LLW did not act alone in this 1975 case. If I remember correctly, Beverly Potts disappeared (and years earlier) but when a carnival was in town! And, Ed Gein's (original Psycho movie subect) car used in 1957 murders was purchased and hyped for an admission fee by a traveling carnival owner. Hopefully, this information will have more cold case units looking into their cases for ANY KIND of ties to Welch, his family, or carnivals. Perhaps, they may even be able to identify the carnival owner and other employees. I did see a note in the Washington Post that they have information that LLW was in the Fort Worth Area around the time the Ft. Worth Three went missing. Pray that this is just a first step in the resolution of many other cases! Remember that even this case has only been partially solved. May his days be filled with reasons why he should tell more of what he knows about everything.

Maybe Taylor's Mountain should be more carefully searched.

So glad to hear there is finally some justice for the girl, even if it isn't what the POS deserves. Nobody is that efficient when getting rid of their first bodies. This crime was committed by someone or persons who knew what they were doing. This was not a case where some girls went to the wrong place at the wrong time. They were in the right place at the right time and they were unlucky enough to happened to come to the attention of the wrong person or persons who had a plan in place and apparently some experience committing this type of crime. There are so many questions still remaining, but I completely understand the way this was handled and I am sure this is what is best for all involved. I j

Once again, more searches on Taylor's Mountain, and perhaps a heavier police presence there, might encourage someone to talk. Other crimes might even get resolved that way.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46