1479 users online (290 members and 1189 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    Hopefully they will be able to prove beyond any doubt that she allegedly lied and they can throw the book at her and anyone else who is lying or covering up this terrible crime.

To knowingly sit back withholding information and live your life for 40 years knowing full well the Lyon family are suffering not knowing what happened to their daughters and sisters is unforgivable and disgraceful.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I personally have never seen anything like it before. I simply cannot phathom how multiple members of a family would keep their mouths shut for 40 years while the Lyon family has suffered unimaginable pain each and every day. It just boggles my mind how people can sleep at night while knowing that a horrific crime has taken place and have done nothing to help. Even to this day they do not seem to be cooperating and have hindered this investigation. Do the RIGHT thing for once and tell the TRUTH of what you know. Any little bit can help. CLEAR YOUR CONSCIENCE!

Yu
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardLewis View Post

Sad, but true. We can actually go one step further than that. This is not to cast aspersions, as it is a fair and reasonable question to ask, and I'm certain it is one that the grand jury asked Henry Parker. Where was his father AWP1 when all this was going on? As the property owner of 3417 Taylor Mountain Rd. and man of the house, AWP1 would have had the right and responsibility to ask LLW2 what the hell he was doing just showing up unannounced at his home with bloody clothing and two bloody 60 lb. duffel bags. He could have investigated a two day fire on his property that smelled like burning flesh.

Regarding the neighbors; when you look at the maps, property records, and family trees, you then have a better understanding.
    I think somebody knows where that station wagon is and I think it is somewhere on that mountain. Just a quick google earth view and zoom shows a smattering of seemingly abandoned cars on that mountain behind various residences. One zoom almost looked to me like a beige or gold station wagon or truck! Personally I think it's buried up there somewhere.

For example, zoom in on a property on route 741 near Montvale elementary school not far from the 3417 taylor mountain road address. It's a junkyard of cars behind a house, I mean ALOT of cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Owutatangledweb View Post
    Yu

I think somebody knows where that station wagon is and I think it is somewhere on that mountain. Just a quick google earth view and zoom shows a smattering of seemingly abandoned cars on that mountain behind various residences. One zoom almost looked to me like a beige or gold station wagon or truck! Personally I think it's buried up there somewhere.
    In February 2015, LE was asking about a station wagon and a second vehicle, an early '70's, large, white, 4-door, possibly Chrysler New Yorker.

Report This To Law Enforcement

For example, zoom in on a property on route 741 near Montvale elementary school not far from the 3417 taylor mountain road address. It's a junkyard of cars behind a house, I mean ALOT of cars.
    Perhaps you should inform Law Enforcement about this.

Here is more information about the cars they are looking for and what LE thinks.

http://www.wset.com/story/28199815/b...-disappearance

The station wagon has wood panels.

http://www.onenewspage.com/video/201...on-sisters.htm

Quote Originally Posted by mrssunshine View Post
    Thank you for that link. That is one of the best detailed and well written articles I have read in a while regarding this case!

I am going to re-post the link in the News section.

Most Important Evidence I've Seen Yet

Very important information I have not see on any other website...

This for me is the takeaway and key statements-

In a newly unsealed warrant, investigators say when they talked to Welch two years ago, he knew why they were there and told them he thought the girls were "abducted, raped, and burned up."
    If you take this as truth, LLW tied himself to the burning. If Henry Parker and the other relative knew about the burning and corroborated this account, it is a crucial piece of evidence.

Also very important that LLW "knew what the police were there for". If he began speaking about the girls before the detectives did, that is damning.

Relatives allegedly told officials that the family talked in 1975 about Lloyd Welch being on the run from police in Maryland with two girls whose parents were looking for them. The video goes on to say that relatives could have called the police but did not.

This is a very important piece of evidence, and I have only read it on the WUSA9.com website. The accompanying video is here- http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loca...cted/30230795/

At best now, I believe the police have the evidence (hopefully a video recorded confession) and let LLW sit. I think the focus has been to build a case against RAW by sitting and watching his moves. I think the grand jury indictment of the wife is a start.

Quote Originally Posted by WaynezWorld View Post

Relatives allegedly told officials that the family talked in 1975 about Lloyd Welch being on the run from police in Maryland with two girls whose parents were looking for them. The video goes on to say that relatives could have called the police but did not.
    Unless someone can actually say, "I saw Lloyd with the sisters" the above statements is worthless as evidence.

First Lloyd was not running from the police but talking to the police one week after the abduction, either trying to falsely claim a reward or doing his civic duty.

Secondly, the police were never looking for Lloyd, so technically Lloyd was never on the run. Lloyd may have thought the police were looking for him for a few days, but it's just as likely Lloyd IF guilty of murder, resumed his normal routine except for the time it took of to dispose the bodies.

Third, the time frame, "in 1975" could have been days or months after the abduction.

Fourth, "talk" covers speculation, much of what is done here.

It's really a vaguely worded statement that could cover anything from, John Doe Welch talked to Lloyd one day after the abduction and Lloyd was accompanied by the two living sisters, to after Lloyd showed up with two duffel bags and we read the Lyon sisters story in the newspaper, we speculated that Lloyd had something to do with it.

A similar no-body/burned body conviction

This person was convicted, but there seems to be slightly more evidence than the police have against Lloyd. Also, there was no other possible murderer the defense could point to, while other person of interest named by the police seem ready made for the defense to use to establish reasonable doubt.

"That happened in the trial of Donald Blom, whose case became Minnesota’s first successfully prosecuted missing-body murder case last month (when published). Blom, a five-time convicted sex offender, was convicted of murder and kidnapping in the 1999 abduction of a convenience store worker and sentenced to life in prison. Prosecutors said Blom abducted 19-year-old Katie Poirier as she was working alone late at night on May 26, 1999, and strangled her. Then, according to prosecutors, Blom burned her body in a fire pit on his property.

Poirier’s body was never recovered. The prosecution only had the following evidence: bone fragments recovered from the fire pit that an anthropologist identified as belonging to a woman between the ages of 19 and 26; a charred tooth a forensic dentist tied to Poirier; a grainy video that showed Poirer being taken away from the store but did not decisively identify Blom; various witnesses who said Blom was near the store hours before Poirier’s disappearance; and a confession from Blom that he later retracted. Blom claimed he only told police what he thought they wanted to hear because he was under extreme stress and tired of being imprisoned."
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95807&page=2

This is one of the junkyards we have in the area. I'm quite sure the Bedford County Sheriff's office would have sent someone there to check. You have to remember that this is a small community and we do have officers who are from the Montvale community and other surrounding communities that know about all these places.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

Wrong Henry
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by WaynezWorld View Post
    He is in the Virginia sex offender registry. Would have been 14 or 15 at the time of the body burning. Has a prior for rape in Buckingham County, less than an hour from Bedford.

http://sex-offender.vsp.virginia.gov...ml?regId=10161
    Wrong Henry!

Mark Twain

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast