MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max17

Reaction score
Toddler’s remains found on Deer Island
The remains of a female toddler were found on Deer Island Thursday, a State Police official said.
A law enforcement official briefed on the investigation said investigators believe the child’s remains may have washed up on shore.
Deer Island is home to a sewage treatment plant and connects to the town of Winthrop.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...deer-island/EEsj7gFuOy5eGeagBvlBaK/story.html

NCMU1250459c1.jpg

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1250459/1

Thread #1

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14004

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Shoshana Black 1994 Massachusetts
Gibbs Cassidy 2010 California
Aliya Lunsford 2008 West Virginia
Paula A. Ramerez - Figuroa 2013 California
ayla reynolds 2010 Maine

I really debated not coming over here because I just can't handle this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would like to hear from Moe on any theories being talked about by the point Shirley locals and those on the island today.

Also, why don't they come out and give some small detail - about the bag- lint on the blankets as someone said earlier- a mole -- painted fingernails--anything just so they have a reason to keep her face out there. 3 people from Texas yesterday told me they'd be we heard of her, so we need to keep her out there.

Wser Moe: Thank you for your live report from Deer Island. What, if any, is the most common theory of the local towns folk. Or have you been able to sift through enough of the 'talk' to arrive at a theory or two that is on the minds of the local population?

thanks and your efforts are appreciated very much
eleph

I really debated not coming over here because I just can't handle this case.

Agree, it is a very hard case to try and keep one's emotions under some sort of control.

Out here in the suburbs, the speculation seems to be that she's not local. While there are lots of areas where people don't talk to the police, ever, a deceased child is not the same thing and nobody can remember a case where a child was left like this and not identified. Even the poor boy up in Fitchburg who wasn't reported missing was identified very soon after discovery.

Thank you for the new thread. It's such a shame it's even needed.

Can I ask what our WSers personal theory's are? I'm just curious

ABC evening news is covering her sort right now so it's definitely still getting some media coverage

I am of the opinion that she was placed in the water, probably by a female caretaker, close to shore, with the belief that she would not wash up upon the beach. My second theory is that there is a body of he female caretaker still undiscovered because it did not wash ashore.

I do believe she is somewhat local in that she is not a missing child from another county but spent some time in the local area, perhaps undocumented and/or not attending daycare or preschool, hence no one has recognized her.

I really thought she would have been identified by now, and yet she has not which is why my theories are as they are now. :(

Can I ask what our WSers personal theory's are? I'm just curious

Personally I am having a hard time coming up with any tangible theory. I do believe she was killed by someone close to her or to her situation. I believe suffocation is the COD and the person who did this knows the lay of the land. I think, even though Target is not high end, maybe this girl comes from a lower middle class family. Maybe not impoverished. She has pierced ears at a very early age That's probably something a mother younger than me would do.

I revealed some of my personal situation by saying my DD's father would not know her. His family would not know her. I believe that is the case here. And, unfortunately, our society has become so self centered and afraid to butt into other people's business. I couldn't tell you how many kids live in my own neighborhood. My dd plays with a couple but I know there are others. I couldn't pick them out of a lineup. We have become closed off as a society.

My opinion only - someone seems to have cared for this child. Ears pierced, no obvious ( reported) signs of neglect or abuse, the inclusion of the blanket. My new brother-in-law made a comment over the weekend (about a totally unrelated topic) that "just because it's in a trash bag doesn't mean it's trash." Maybe the bag was more so protection against the water, especially if we go with placed vs washed ashore. I'm leaning towards unintentional/accidental death that parent (mom?) can't report for some reason. Takes care to wrap little one with her blankey and leave her somewhere secluded enough to do so safely but visible enough to be found. Possible Deer Island holds positive memories for said parent - localish, lived in area but since moved away or vacationed there. I can't see them driving terribly far with dead body so I'm inclined to think fairly close by.

I'm just hung up on the scenario.

Your child refuses to eat breakfast so as a frazzled, single, busy mom, you snap. The mom would probably strike the child, push the child down, something done in a fit of anger that wasn't intended to kill but did. But no obvious signs of trauma, right? Strike 1.

You accidentally leave your child in a hot car. Is your first inclination to hide the body or get help?

You are a prostitute who has to have your child with you. In the hands of a john or pimp, Baby Doe would not be treated in this manner IMO.

Maybe you're a junkie and you have a record a mile long. Maybe you've got warrants or priors. Baby Doe accidentally got into some of your junk and you don't want to get caught. But wouldn't heroin, meth, coke come up when tested for poisons? I feel like if the tests done so far don't look at those specifically, this is the most feasible scenario I can concoct.

Personal feeling is that her death was either accidental or natural, and her mother/parents are either illegal or otherwise "outsiders" - and the parents "community" knows what happened and is keeping quiet.

I feel like it almost has to be a case where the family is very isolated from others, where no one would notice that the little girl hasn't been seen in weeks

Eta: actually I don't complete agree with this post but don't see how to delete on tapatalk lol

In New England, you really can't infer anything about the child's economic/social background from the Target and KMart items. There are people who have to have the best of everything, but mostly for everyday stuff people of all levels shop at everyday stores. Yeah, more likely she's from a modest background, but I wouldn't rule out a frugal upper middle class or even upper class background.

I don't have a theory. I just want her to be able to go home.

Thinking out loud: Water treatment plant. Connection ruled out? All employees questioned?

Perhaps I am personally thinking on the wrong side of the socioeconomic spectrum. Could this be the love child of someone important? The wording of some of LE's statements lead me to believe they feel something is being hushed up. What were the earrings made of? Real or imitation gems? Plastic? Could be a huge clue. Sorry for all the posts. Consumed with finding answers tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah