GUILTY UK - Don Lock, 79, slain in road rage incident, Findon, West Sussex, 16 July 2015

Martha Morris

Reaction score
I have woken up to this news - which happened just a couple of miles from where I live.

An elderly man bumped the car in front in a minor collision that results in both drivers getting out and the pensioner getting stabbed multiple times and dying by the roadside!

Killer then gets in his vehicle and drives off.

This happened at 8.30pm yesterday - a lovely summer's evening, in this normally very peaceful and safe part of the world! It is still light at that time, and there would surely have been people around to have witnessed this. Despite being semi-rural, this is a fairly busy stretch of road as it is the main route into town from the north.

Police are hunting a tall man in his 30s with shoulder length hair who was driving a light coloured older style car.

Just along from where this happened there is a residential area and shopping parade, so I am hoping he was caught on CCTV, somewhere along that stretch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-cars-crashed-suspected-road-rage-attack.html

Live updates here ...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/findon-road-rage-attack-live-6083668

The suspect is described as a white man, aged between 30 and 40-years-old, 6ft tall, of skinny build with shoulder length brown wavy hair with a thin face. His car is described as a pale coloured classic car.

The collision is understood to have been a 'minor shunt' in which the victim drove into the back of the knifeman's car. The pair pulled over and the killer got out of his vehicle before stabbing the man 'more than once'.

Trying to figure out where descriptions of suspect and car came from.

Just seen on twitter that murder victim has been indentified as Don Lock, 79, who helped run Worthing Excelsior Cycle Club. He was officiating at Thursday race in Findon.

Lots of local reaction ...

http://www.worthingherald.co.uk/new...nts-shock-after-a24-findon-stabbing-1-6855145

"One former police officer, who asked not to be named, said she had a chill in her stomach when she saw the police cordon last night.

The 39-year-old mother-of-one, who retired from Sussex Police two years ago after working in Brighton for 11 years, said: “In all my years on the job I don’t expect that to happen a few hundred yards from where I live.

“It’s really sad. Whatever the rhyme or reason you can’t justify what happened. No-one deserves that.”

Trying to figure out where descriptions of suspect and car came from.

There would have been quite a few people around at that time of the evening. Findon is a lovely picturesque village (home to several race horse stables) with a very popular pub the Black Horse close by, with people sitting outside etc. There was also a cyclist and a jogger on the scene as both were pictured crying by the roadside - so obviously witnessed something, for the police to have the detail they have. There is also mention of an elderly woman sitting in the back of an ambulance (from someone who drove past the scene 10 minutes later), so not sure if she was a passenger in the car with the deceased, or in another vehicle. There would definitely have been traffic, so cars passing either side of the dual carriageway. It is a busy stretch of road as it is the main route into Worthing from the north. It's always fairly busy day or night and this happened at around 8.30pm. It's not some isolated, quiet spot but semi rural, close to a village and on the outskirts of a large seaside town.

Absolutely shocking. I know the area well and can't believe something so horrendous could happen.

I think they'll find the perpetrator. Sickened by what this family is going through now .

Lots of pics here, of the victim, family members on the scene ... and also what looks like paramedics working on Mr Lock.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-cars-crashed-suspected-road-rage-attack.html

I have a horrible, sinking feeling the more I read, that I know this family.

I lived away from this area for 13 years, and moved back a few years ago, but I do know some individuals with the same surname. One in particular I knew well, but lost touch with when I moved. Also, a former boyfriend of mine was a member of the Cycling Club that Mr Lock was involved with and the name is definitely ringing bells.

They've made an arrest.

A 34 year old man was caught at a nearby Golf Club and police are not looking for anyone else - so I think it's safe to say they've got their man. To access this you have to turn up off the A24, so I'm wondering whether he's been hiding away up there overnight. Just drove straight up there. There would have been no-one around up there late evening, and it's accessed via narrow lanes, with plenty of woodland and areas where you could hide a car. I would also think someone with local knowledge. Be interesting to see the local news reports on TV this evening.

Have a few customers in the general area, lovely part of the country but nowhere in England is safe these days. I notice the police have been given another 24 hours to question him, which probably means his brief has told him to say nothing (don't you love 'em), or the more cynical side of me is thinking that they are searching for a translator.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/driver-79-minor-crash-died-7886141

A jury has heard the final words of a retired solicitor before he was stabbed to death by another driver following a minor car crash...

A jury at Lewes Crown Court heard both drivers got out of their cars and Mr Lock asked Daley "why did you brake so suddenly?" Daley then stabbed him 39 times, including after he fell to the ground, and then drove off...

His defence counsel David Howker QC said Daley was suffering "diminished responsibility" on the day of the killing and has a history of mental illness.

Earlier this month:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14117...-had-warned-medics-for-years-he-was-unstable/

Sandra Goodlad, 54, couldn’t face seeing crazed Matthew Daley in the dock again because she’s convinced he should have been convicted of murder.

He was found guilty manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility seven weeks ago...

The mentally-ill 35-year-old got the life term with a minimum tariff of ten years to be treated in a medium-secure psychiatric hospital yesterday. But if he is fit to be released before ten years, he will be sent to prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back