TN TN - Dandridge, WhtMale 41-50, UP1547, living photo, 20+ diff IDs, Canadian tag, Jun'03

alllads

Reaction score
Just came across this case on Namus, can't see it on here:

Minimum age 41 years
Maximum age 50 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) 209, Measured
Height (inches) 65, Estimated

Found on June 14th 2003, hours after death, at 2471 Sky View Way in Dandridge, TN.

There's even a living photo of this man, with an AAA stamp I think: https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/29137

Circumstances make me think that this was someone that lived and died under an assumed name. There are dental records and fingerprints (run through AFIS in 2015 with no hits), and DNA sample not yet tested.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1547

Does he look familiar to anyone? I wonder what name he went by.

I can't find any news reports about this and namus is pretty sparse on details. Does anyone even know how he was he found just hours after death?

In the photo of this man does he have a very hairy chest or is is that just his t-shirt? Can anyone can make the photo bigger?

Is this an area people would holiday in? The building really looks like a holiday home to me.
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2471-Skyview-Way-Dandridge-TN-37725/41577801_zpid/

I can't find any news reports about this and namus is pretty sparse on details. Does anyone even know how he was he found just hours after death?

In the photo of this man does he have a very hairy chest or is is that just his t-shirt? Can anyone can make the photo bigger?

Is this an area people would holiday in? The building really looks like a holiday home to me.
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2471-Skyview-Way-Dandridge-TN-37725/41577801_zpid/
Looks like a hairy chest to me

If it's a holiday home then it's possible this is someone that rented the home under a false name - similar to several UIDs on here that have committed suicide after checking into a hotel under a false name?

No idea really.

Does anyone else think that the shirt he is wearing in that photo might be company issued? I know my insurance adjuster came out to look at my car when it was hit and he had on a similar shirt. What leads me to believe that it might be some type of uniform is the white around the collar.. not sure if that was "in" style in 2003... but I am going to be looking into uniforms for insurance companies that have affiliations with AAA...

That Zillow listing says that the house was built in 2004. Was it maybe on fire in 2003 when the body was discovered?

Body discovered by a crew sent to tear the old house down?

People arrived at their lake house on Friday evening to discover a dead squatter?

Maybe someone brave can call/email the realtor to ask? I think a realtor would be obligated to tell a buyer about a death on the property.

Curious!

:seeya:

That Zillow listing says that the house was built in 2004. Was it maybe on fire in 2003 when the body was discovered?

Body discovered by a crew sent to tear the old house down?

People arrived at their lake house on Friday evening to discover a dead squatter?

Maybe someone brave can call/email the realtor to ask? I think a realtor would be obligated to tell a buyer about a death on the property.

Curious!

The property's already been sold though - it was sold back in 2013 - so I'm not sure calling the realtor would help in this instance.

That Zillow listing says that the house was built in 2004. Was it maybe on fire in 2003 when the body was discovered? Body discovered by a crew sent to tear the old house down?
What I don't get is if it was a fire how did the photo survive? Why was the house rebuilt if it wasn't a fire? Very odd indeed.

I don't get what that black ring around his neck is, is it just the light? At least his hairy chest is quite distinctive, I'd certainly remember a man with that amount of hair on his chest.

I was looking at that logo behind him and it looked strange to me, meaning im used to seeing the red AAA logo so when I looked into it, that logo was used pre 1998 when it was changed to the new logo. This logo was used to demonstrate 24 hour towing services. The original logo actually says that above it but for whatever reason it doesn't appear in the photo behind the man. So looking into towing companies in the general vicinity I came up with nothing solid but I did notice that some of the photos of older Napa employee's uniforms seemed to have the same shirt as he may be wearing. It appears to be black with a white line around the collar. It would make sense if he worked at Napa as they are a AAA preferred provider... maybe this photo was taken for a badge of some sort to prove he was an employee? Just thinking out loud here but I am pretty sure Safelite employee's carry badges that show you who they are and you get emailed a picture of your agent, maybe he was someone who would go out into the field and meet up with people and needed to have some sort of ID???

Sorry if this is a little hard to follow its just how my mind works :)

brand.gif

I was looking at that logo behind him and it looked strange to me, meaning im used to seeing the red AAA logo so when I looked into it, that logo was used pre 1998 when it was changed to the new logo. This logo was used to demonstrate 24 hour towing services. The original logo actually says that above it but for whatever reason it doesn't appear in the photo behind the man. So looking into towing companies in the general vicinity I came up with nothing solid but I did notice that some of the photos of older Napa employee's uniforms seemed to have the same shirt as he may be wearing. It appears to be black with a white line around the collar. It would make sense if he worked at Napa as they are a AAA preferred provider... maybe this photo was taken for a badge of some sort to prove he was an employee? Just thinking out loud here but I am pretty sure Safelite employee's carry badges that show you who they are and you get emailed a picture of your agent, maybe he was someone who would go out into the field and meet up with people and needed to have some sort of ID???

Sorry if this is a little hard to follow its just how my mind works :)

brand.gif

I think you're on the right track!

But if the tow truck operator didn't show up with the truck & a tow, wouldn't someone ask questions??? Someone other than us....

Okay, folks, who is brazen enough to email the public library for more information?

I may, or may not, be including the poster for the regularly scheduled CLUE game at the Dandridge memorial Library.

clue flyer.png

I emailed the newspaper editor and the library contact:

I participate in the WebSleuths online community. Recently, an unexplained death in Dandridge, Tennessee was posted on the forum:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Dandridge-WhtMale-41-50-living-photo-June-03

You gentlemen are uniquely equipped to locate & pass on information about this death and any investigation of it.

Please share what you know, and what your collections hold about this unexplained death.

Thank you!

I can share the names & email addresses I found, but hesitate to post those here.

We'll see if there is a response....

I think I might be able to shed some light on the actual place that this man was found. I was looking up property records when I found that the house located at 2471 Skyview Way Dandridge TN was actually built in 2002. The last sale was on 6/12/13, although I am not able to see the information that actually shows who bought the home or whom sold it. The listing on Zillow for the same address is actually the house located at 2475 Skyview Way, Dandridge TN.. please see included links for specifics.
2471: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Tennessee/Dandridge/sold/1000116963-2471-Skyview-Way-Dandridge-TN-37725
2475:http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2475-Skyview-Way-Dandridge-TN-37725/41577800_zpid/

So it appears that the home was relatively new when the man was found. I do not believe there was a fire or similar issue which explains the reason the photo survived but I still cannot explain what alerted the police so quickly after the man died to locate him.

I think you're on the right track!

But if the tow truck operator didn't show up with the truck & a tow, wouldn't someone ask questions??? Someone other than us....

I agree... I have been wracking my brain about that too. I don't think someone would call out a professional company like a towing service if they were going to commit a crime. I am wondering now if he might of owned the home they found him in as the previous records we had on the place he had been discovered were recorded on Zillow incorrectly. It appears that the actual home was very quaint with only 2 bedrooms and approx. 800 square feet. That would be ideal size for someone who doesn't have a family or a two adult household. So at this point I am assuming he might of been a suicide, that might even explain why its not showing up in papers. Most newspaper articles about unidentified persons are littered with details about the person/s who might of committed the crime especially to warn the public because the alleged perpetrator would of still been at large.
I believe (through absolutely no proof) that someone must of discovered the body and contacted police who when they showed up found no one around except the decedent, with no identification they listed him as a John Doe and assumed someone would claim him probably within the week. That might actually solve the mystery as to why the details are so sparse about the case too. When no one did they listed him on NamUs and here we all are.

Just bringing our mystery Napa/AAA guy back to the top!

Perhaps he's not as interesting as the part-alien CIA agent in LA with no fingerprints but 6.5 tons of ammunition?:waitasec:

It's a weird week, even for CyberSpace!

I think this uid seems to be of Latin or possibly Arabic descent.

From the information given I don't see any evidence so far that he would have lived and died under the assumed identity, rather than just not having any ID on him at the time. The document listed on Namus next to his photo states that search was conducted but his fingerprints have not matched anyone in the DHS CABIS database. https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/29318

If that is really AAA uniform on the photo then the company might have the answer, no matter how old photo might be.

Al Ka,
I am under the same assumption, I do not think he was living under a false ID but rather he might of just been a low key quiet guy with few friends, possibly new to the area?
I do however believe that the answer does lie with wherever this photo was taken and by ~Whom~ its just a matter of time before it circulates and someone says " oh my gosh I remember that guy working at *fill in the blank*. I think this Jon Doe will eventually be solved but will take some time as the case never (as far as I have been able to tell) made the papers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back