Found Deceased TX - Joseph Garcia, 42, Baylor County, 2 July 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Joseph William Garcia
missingman_21615582_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Baylor County man reported missing
A Baylor County man has mysteriously gone missing and police say leads in the case are scant.

Joseph William Garcia, 42, was last seen July 2 when he dropped a friend off at the D/FW airport, said Samantha Sturgeon, records clerk at the Seymour Police Department.

Three days later, his SUV was found abandoned on U.S. Highway 277 in Taylor County, about two hours southwest of Wichita Falls.
http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/local-news/baylor-county-man-reported-missing_32931703

I find this quote about the car odd only because it states it "was found abandoned on US Highway 277 in Taylor County, about two hours southwest of Wichita Falls." This is so close to me! Why not say the SUV was found abandoned on US Highway 277 in Taylor County just outside of Abilene? That way we look in and around Abilene, not 2 hours from Wichita Falls!?!

I find this quote about the car odd only because it states it "was found abandoned on US Highway 277 in Taylor County, about two hours southwest of Wichita Falls." This is so close to me! Why not say the SUV was found abandoned on US Highway 277 in Taylor County just outside of Abilene? That way we look in and around Abilene, not 2 hours from Wichita Falls!?!

I agree. The website publishing the article is based in Wichita Falls, though so tailored to who they think their readers are.

Here's a map for a general idea of Joseph's route. I only put Taylor County so where his vehicle was found is not exact.

https://goo.gl/maps/IyyOZ

A: Seymour, TX
B: DFW Airport, TX
C: Taylor County, TX

Living in this area, it frustrates me that I have not heard of this man in the news at all! And this happened 17 days ago? Wish they had another picture of him without the shades.

He apparently dropped a friend off at the airport and has not been seen since. He is from Utah and moved to Seymour to work on the wind turbines. From the reports I have read, he did not show back up for work and after some time from not hearing from him, someone from Seymour called his family to report him missing. DPS found his SUV abandoned on 277 in Taylor County. The question is this. Was it north 277 or south 277? North would be heading up to Seymour. South would be heading to San Angelo.

But coming to Abilene from DFW to get to Seymour is not the best and quickest way to go either unless he was coming to Abilene to meet someone.

Living in this area, it frustrates me that I have not heard of this man in the news at all! And this happened 17 days ago? Wish they had another picture of him without the shades.
I am Josephs sister, we will get another photo without shades. We have been frustrated also, can't understand why it took so long to get this info out to the public.
We have no proof that he ever made it to the airport.

Welcome Sharon and thanks for joining us here. That would be terrific for you to provide a photo of Joseph without the shades....thank u for doing so.

Can you give us a bit more info about your brother.....anything you feel comfortable providing will be a huge help. So sorry you are going thru this. Hopefully the many brilliant minds working these cases will be able to help u find Joseph, or at least assist you with avenues and information.

One question - has anyone spoken to the friend Joseph supposedly gave a ride to the airporT?

Yes his wife! But our question is also ,did he make it to the airport? But we are assuming the troopers have talked to the friend and have confirmation he took this guy to the airport... I'm thinking it wasn't Joe that drove the car to where it was found.... His phone is showing he went to Lubbock then to smeyer and then left on the side of the road! Could someone have stolen his car? We just don't know!

I just alerted a mod to send you info on getting verified, as you are his sister. This will allow you to answer pertinent questions that the awesome sleuthers here might have. I can't be of more help..not a wealth of info that others have on helping you to try and find your brother.

:welcome::welcome:Welcome Sharon to Websleuths! I am sorry it is under these circumstances. I assure you there are lots of people willing to assist in helping to find your brother.

Please take the time to get verified as an insider. These are a great group of people who love to help and have great ideas and resources. Do you know if SAR dogs have been used around where his vehicle was located? Do you know the exact location where his vehicle was found? It would help if you can share any info you are comfortable with to help get some ideas about what might have happened. My first thought was he came through Abilene to meet someone and had car trouble heading back to Seymour. But Taylor County ends just north of the city limits of Abilene which made me think his vehicle might possibly have been abandoned south of Abilene, which means it would have been headed toward San Angelo (or Mexico)....

I am Josephs sister, we will get another photo without shades. We have been frustrated also, can't understand why it took so long to get this info out to the public.
We have no proof that he ever made it to the airport.

Hoping for Joseph's safe return!

:grouphug:

Where his car was found is out of his way! His friend also said that is not the route joe would have taken! That is why I think someone else drove the car there! But where is Joe?!

Seymour police said leads are scant, although his vehicle was found abandoned in Taylor County.
Samantha Sturgeon, records clerk at the Seymour Police Department said no “obvious indicator of foul play” was detected when the vehicle was found.
http://www.reporternews.com/news/lo...cle-found-abandoned-in-taylor-county_91055577

Also from this link:

"Garcia moved from Utah to Baylor County to work on wind turbines. He is 5 feet 11 inches tall, 220 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes. He most recently wore a goatee and generally wears a pair of black sunglasses.

Anyone with information on Garcia’s whereabouts is urged to call the Seymour Police Department at 940-889-8888 or the Baylor County Sheriff’s Office at 940-889-3333."

Where his car was found is out of his way! His friend also said that is not the route joe would have taken! That is why I think someone else drove the car there! But where is Joe?!

The friend that he dropped off at the airport said that? I must have missed that in the article, what article mentions that?

It was not in the article...............he has talked to the family! We were also told the troopers and rangers were searching the area where his car was found on Friday. No mention of dogs but the family is going to Texas to get more info this week!

It was not in the article...............he has talked to the family! We were also told the troopers and rangers were searching the area where his car was found on Friday. No mention of dogs but the family is going to Texas to get more info this week!

Do you know Joseph and/or his family? You should get verified as an insider if you do!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back