1264 users online (214 members and 1050 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

UT - Kailey Vijil, 12, found strangled, West Valley City, 17 July 2015 *Arrest*

West Valley City • Police said Friday afternoon they have a suspect in custody — a 15-year-old boy — in connection with the death of a 12-year-old girl whose body was found in a field.

West Valley City Police Chief Lee Russo said at a Friday afternoon press conference that the boy could be charged with murder. "We are confident this is the only suspect in this case," Russo said. He identified the victim as Kailey Vijil.

Russo did not say how she died, but it was not a stabbing or a shooting, he said. He said he did not know if she had been sexually assaulted.
    http://www.sltrib.com/home/2740391-1...ody-of-missing

From the article, it sounds like the 15 year old perp had been busy recently hunting for prey. Poor Kailey.
    Last edited by poppyfrock; 07-17-2015 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poppyfrock View Post
    From the article it sounds like the 15 year old perp had been busy recently hunting for prey. Poor Kailey.
    The suspect lured Vijil outside by telling her he needed some sort of help, Russo said.

"She was a good-natured child who was fooled ... and paid the ultimate price for it," Russo said.

Russo would not provide details as to what sort of help the suspect claimed to need, but said investigators are aware of no other contact, digital or in-person, between the boy and Vijil.

Not long before Vijil disappeared around midnight, the suspect tried a similar ruse with an 11-yr-old girl who lives in the same neighborhood, Russo said, but that girl's parents intervened.

The 11-year-old's report helped police identify the suspect. Officers found him about 1:30 p.m. Friday in a different neighborhood, but Russo didn't say where.

Neighbors said that the boy had disturbing conversations in recent days with young girls who lived on his street.

Stephanie Sala said he came over to her house on Thursday evening and asked to play with her 5-year-old niece. She told the boy no.

Two days before that, at a different house, he approached 8-year-old MM. M said he asked if she wanted to go with him to see a fort in an abandoned house. She also refused to go with him.

UUGGHHHHHHHHH----lock him up, throw away the key....
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 07-19-2015 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Change minors name to initals
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Thank goodness those other little girls didn't go with him, but how terrible for little Kailey. It sounds like she had a big heart and wanted to help someone in need. I feel terrible for her and her family.

And also: "Neighbors said the teenage boy recently was in juvenile detention center for two months, and had been seen hitting his younger sisters in the past."

I bet he has been a violent little monster for years. I bet his poor sisters have been abused by him for a long time.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/2740391-1...missing?page=2

Why would any parent let an 11 year old go out at that hour to help another child, seems that one of the parents should have went out to help the kid.
    JMO.
    JMHO
    Kimmer

"A lie gets half way around the world before the truth can gets its pants on" Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmer View Post
    Why would any parent let an 11 year old go out at that hour to help another child, seems that one of the parents should have went out to help the kid.
    JMO.
    Agreed. An 11 year old should not be going out at that time. I wonder if the parents knew she was leaving or if she left without telling anyone?

According to this video, her parents knew she left! The video possibly shows perp's mother being served papers and also an interview with a little girl who he targeted earlier in the week.

ETA: I tried to embed video, but I don't know how. It can be found here :

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=35538531&nid=1164

Another potential Ted Bundy, but caught 20 years earlier. RIP Kailey.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by poppyfrock View Post
    According to this video, her parents knew she left! The video possibly shows perp's mother being served papers and also an interview with a little girl who he targeted earlier in the week.

ETA: I tried to embed video, but I don't know how. It can be found here :

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=35538531&nid=1164
    Is there another link for the video? This URL loads a page of pictures relative to the case. tia

Quote Originally Posted by teedie2 View Post
    Is there another link for the video? This URL loads a page of pictures relative to the case. tia
    I apologize! I don't know what I did wrong. This link should work.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=35538531&nid...cid=rssextlink

ETA: I copied and pasted the link to the video I was speaking of yesterday, but the link seems to be going to the latest update on the case. If you look under the latest video you will see a video with the timestamp: 6:30. That is the one I posted about with the perp's mom being served papers and the interview with the little girl. I recommend watching both the latest video and the 6:30 one.
    Last edited by poppyfrock; 07-18-2015 at 09:41 PM. Reason: link is still wonky.

I hope this monster is charged as an adult.

Check his computer history and go after every single disgusting website he was probably a part of. JMO.
    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy.

----

Is he cognitively normal? It sounds like he was planning something for a while if he was going after other little girls too but it's not exactly a criminal mastermind's plotting to let the girls' parents know. There's no way to not get caught if you go into the night with a girl who ends up dead and the parents know it was you.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=35567224
    Neighbors support both family of murdered 12-year-old girl, family of teen boy in custody

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — A vigil is planned for Sunday night in memory of a 12-year-old girl who was found murdered in West Valley City Friday.

Sam Johnson, West Valley City Police Department, said the vigil for Kailey Vijil will be held at 8 p.m. at City Park, 3500 South 4500 West, in West Valley City on Sunday.
    http://fox13now.com/2015/07/18/vigil...t-valley-city/

No criminal charges have been filed against a 15-year-old boy who police suspect of killing 12-year-old Kailey Vijil in a West Valley City pasture last Friday.

But Salt Lake City District Attorney Sim Gill said prosecutors will screen the case on Tuesday and decide what charges, if any, will be filed against the boy. "We are still in the process of the investigation," Gill said Monday.
    http://www.sltrib.com/home/2749897-1...ainst-teen-boy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast