AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetcaro

Reaction score
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...in-murray-mallee/story-fni6uo1m-1227443132484

Bones found at Wynarka in Murray Mallee

THE ADVERTISER JULY 15, 2015 4:41PM

POLICE have confirmed bones found in the Murray Mallee are those of a child.

The bones were found by a member of the public off the Karoonda Highway at Wynarka late this morning.

Major Crime detectives have been dispatched to the site.

A forensic examination of the scene is underway.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-15/child-bones-found-in-south-australian-murray-mallee/6622778

Child's bones found near highway in SA's Murray Mallee

The skeletal remains of a child have been found near the Karoonda Highway in South Australia's Murray Mallee.

The bones were found about two kilometres west of Wynarka, which is about 130 kilometres east of Adelaide.

Police said the investigation was continuing and more information would be provided "as soon as possible".

Rules Etiquette & Information

Thread #1

There could be many remote farms out that way and if a home birth occurred the 2-5 year old child may never been recorded or needed a doctor etc.

That's crossed my mind as well. If the child lived in a remote area (which is possible given where the suitcase was left), then it's possible no one had really noticed the child. I sometimes think that's what the police are getting at - urging people to think back to anyone who had a child then suddenly didn't. Makes it even more difficult if this happened a long time ago.

Police have placed flowers at the site where the child's remains were found. The video at the link below also includes a short interview with one of the women who saw the man with the suitcase.

Police%20lay%20flowers1_zpspejycddr.jpg

Police%20lay%20flowers2_zpsrdte1qs6.jpg

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/video/watch/28906715/police-still-in-search-for-child-murderer/#page1

That's crossed my mind as well. If the child lived in a remote area (which is possible given where the suitcase was left), then it's possible no one had really noticed the child. I sometimes think that's what the police are getting at - urging people to think back to anyone who had a child then suddenly didn't. Makes it even more difficult if this happened a long time ago.

It makes me want to cry. The poor child.

Hi everyone just spent the last 2.5 hours read thread one.
I don't think we can say the tutu is Cotton On without seeing a tag. So many shops sell similar items if not the same item.
I'm leaning towards a little girl born around late 90's/00's.
I also think the luggage bag was previously buried somewhere else dug up and moved.
Someone mentioned Leonie Hutchinson. It could be a possibility.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I think there are a couple of situations where someone might have done something like this.
Either they were asked to get rid of some evidence for someone else and they did the distasteful job.....but left the evidence out in the open so at least there would be some sort of closure for someone.
or
The suitcase was found on a property and the finder didnt want police and media poking around for whatever reason and so got rid of it, again out in the open so at least there would be some sort of closure for someone.

I dont believe anyone trying to get rid of their own evidence would dump this by the side of the road. This says to me it was meant to be found.

When are we expected to hear forensic testing results? Am I remembering correctly that it could be early this week?

I think there are a couple of situations where someone might have done something like this.
Either they were asked to get rid of some evidence for someone else and they did the distasteful job.....but left the evidence out in the open so at least there would be some sort of closure for someone.
or
The suitcase was found on a property and the finder didnt want police and media poking around for whatever reason and so got rid of it, again out in the open so at least there would be some sort of closure for someone.

I dont believe anyone trying to get rid of their own evidence would dump this by the side of the road. This says to me it was meant to be found.

This part "The suitcase was found on a property and the finder didnt want police and media poking around for whatever reason and so got rid of it, again out in the open so at least there would be some sort of closure for someone."

I can understand that people would do it, certainly its not the sort of thing I would do myself, but people often don't want to get involved in things. They may have a reason they don't want the police around them etc. Also as soon as people come forward, for some reason many people decide to question them. Decides to not comment on what was said about the two woman who saw the man with the suitcase while out on their morning walk.
I would be too worried about getting in trouble to not call the police if i found something like that on my property.

Hi everyone just spent the last 2.5 hours read thread one.
I don't think we can say the tutu is Cotton On without seeing a tag. So many shops sell similar items if not the same item.
I also think the luggage bag was previously buried somewhere else dug up and moved.
Someone mentioned Leonie Hutchinson. It could be a possibility.

I think Leonie Hutchinson could be a possibility too ...

Sadly ... there was speculation that her mother had gone onto have another child that (The grandmother) fears may be "missing" also.

This part "The suitcase was found on a property and the finder didnt want police and media poking around for whatever reason and so got rid of it, again out in the open so at least there would be some sort of closure for someone."

I can understand that people would do it, certainly its not the sort of thing I would do myself, but people often don't want to get involved in things. They may have a reason they don't want the police around them etc. Also as soon as people come forward, for some reason many people decide to question them. Decides to not comment on what was said about the two woman who saw the man with the suitcase while out on their morning walk.
I would be too worried about getting in trouble to not call the police if i found something like that on my property.

That's possible that a local property is up for sale and they moved the bones/grave.

if this was a neglected child whose parents were addicts etc the child could have been left with a "friend" so never reported missing because they dont really care and prefer to think the child is out there somewhere, also it would be easy for a child to slip under the radar, people lie and any query about a child no longer around can be explained away, on holiday overseas with other parent, staying at a friends place etc, nobodys going to third degree a parent if they tell a convincing lie.
will all the paedophile ring media attention and recent arrests im wondering if this was a panic disposal, the perp knowing this child could never be traced to them so didnt care where he left the body, just needed to be somewhere he could get away from quickly

Somebody mentioned upthread that Wynarka might only have a population of 17. That may be true today in the "downtown" area, but the last census has it 167 - and of course this will include the surrounding areas. The Aus Bureau of Statistics has good pull-down menus showing age breakdowns, martial status etc. I guess it would be a fairly easy job to do a door-to-door of the 57 dwellings and account for any and all children in the immediate area? (Only 11 children under 4 in 2006!)

http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/census_services/getproduct/census/2006/quickstat/SSC45421

Link snipped above - the woman in this clip seems quite a credible witness to me, and it was also helpful to see the actual road through town where she saw the stranger walking with the suitcase.

I thought she said she saw him walking without the suitcase.

I agree, how long has Dora the Explorer been around (on Australian tv/shelves), I was born in thenlate 80s and grew up during the 90s/00s and Dora is after my time. I think perhaps we could rule out that the person went and bought modern clothing to put with older remains as a red herring; based on the condition of the clothing, they look to have been present all along.

On the Maddy McCann thought- I expect it would be difficult to get her to Australia, especially with her eye unless it was pre-planned and they went directly to an airport before the alarm was raised. Or unless they put an eyepatch on her and altered her hair....

Just my opinion :)

Aren't some of the clothes KMart brand available 2+ years ago? Would that not rule out Leonie Hutchinson?

I don't think anyone can be ruled out until we hear more information, for starters a positive confirmation on gender and how old the bones are. Until then any child missing in the past 30 or so years could be considered as a possible match.

Aren't some of the clothes KMart brand available 2+ years ago? Would that not rule out Leonie Hutchinson?
Yep it has been said that some items are from kmart from 2 years ago however was this offically confirmed by LE or Kmart? Just seems to have come out quite quickly after items found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member