MD MD - Bob Boyes, 10, Port Republic, 26 Dec 1968

JusticeWillBeServed

Reaction score
I was looking through cases in Maryland and came across this one. Bob Boyes was only ten when he went missing the day after Christmas. There doesn't appear to be much out there on his disappearance. Port Republic is a small town and there's probably someone there with information who hasn't come forward. Bob's sister has posted on some sites asking for information. The fact that he had a pet deer is kind of cool. It's odd that the deer returned home on it's own without Bob.

NamUs

Doe Network

NCMEC

Charley Project Blog

Charley Project

boyes_bob.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: December 26, 1968 from Port Republic, Maryland
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Date Of Birth: February 10, 1958
• Height and Weight: 4'0, 80 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Bob has a scar on his upper lip.
• Clothing/Jewelry Description: A dark blue hooded coat, dark-colored pants, a plaid shirt and brown leather boots.

Details of Disappearance
Bob was last seen in his hometown of Port Republic, Maryland on December 26, 1968. He left a friend's home with his pet deer. The deer arrived at Bob's house without him, and he has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

Surprisingly little info out there about him...really hard to come up with any kind of real ideas based upon this.

How far away from Bob's home did his friend live? What was along the way (any woods? bodies of water? etc) Were there any suspects in his disappearance? So frustrating, not knowing any of this.

New Charley Project link:

[h=1]Bob Louis Richard Boyes[/h]
  • bob_louis_richard_boyes_1.jpg
  • bob_louis_richard_boyes_2.jpg
Bob, circa 1968; Age-progression to age 52 (circa 2010)

• Missing Since 12/26/1968
  • Missing From Port Republic, Maryland
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 02/10/1958 (60)
  • Age 10 years old
  • Height and Weight 4'0, 80 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark blue hooded coat, dark-colored pants, a plaid shirt and brown leather boots.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Bob has a scar on his upper lip.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Bob was last seen in his hometown of Port Republic, Maryland on December 26, 1968. He left a friend's home with his pet deer. The deer arrived at Bob's house without him, and he has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

http://charleyproject.org/case/bob-louis-richard-boyes

Another one taken by HEW/HHS. We posted on our LinkedIn PAVEN Sherlock which is included.

The closest state hospital which was never checked was on the other side of the woods. Electronic surveillance was used in 1968 at state hospitals and signal would be approximately 10 miles.

we won’t get into details here but it played a significant role in getting him to the state hospital.

Attachments

• 8E923F8E-F316-4275-8C0E-63C84413D6C9.png
    8E923F8E-F316-4275-8C0E-63C84413D6C9.png
    332.4 KB · Views: 108
Another one taken by HEW/HHS. We posted on our LinkedIn PAVEN Sherlock which is included.

The closest state hospital which was never checked was on the other side of the woods. Electronic surveillance was used in 1968 at state hospitals and signal would be approximately 10 miles.

we won’t get into details here but it played a significant role in getting him to the state hospital.

Requesting more information about this place in the above article. It sounds like they took kids and some adults against their will? Violating tons of laws and civil rights? harassment? For what purpose? LE never check the state hospital? WOW!

Satch

You can send me an email or on LinkedIn at PAVEN Sherlock

I turned info over to FBI and Justice Department and limited on what I can share. But if I can help I will.

thanks,

The story about the neighbour threatening the Boyes family with a shotgun is so creepy. Maybe he was annoyed because the kids crossed his property or somehting, I don't know... He may be far away, but did he have family? What if a member of this individual's family tried to shot at the deer and failed? That would explain why the deer came back home, Pete would have run to a safe place.

The story about the neighbour threatening the Boyes family with a shotgun is so creepy. Maybe he was annoyed because the kids crossed his property or somehting, I don't know... He may be far away, but did he have family? What if a member of this individual's family tried to shot at the deer and failed? That would explain why the deer came back home, Pete would have run to a safe place.

Diane,

I'm curious about the neighbor threatening my family with a shotgun?
My brother, Jon, mentioned that as well however I never heard about that nor was that ever in any police files.
I'm still searching for answers in the disappearance. A little boy just doesn't disappear without a trace. I remember the FBI and the national guard searching for him and they said that he disappeared without a hair trace. So strange.

I was looking through cases in Maryland and came across this one. Bob Boyes was only ten when he went missing the day after Christmas. There doesn't appear to be much out there on his disappearance. Port Republic is a small town and there's probably someone there with information who hasn't come forward. Bob's sister has posted on some sites asking for information. The fact that he had a pet deer is kind of cool. It's odd that the deer returned home on it's own without Bob.

NamUs

Doe Network

NCMEC

Charley Project Blog

Charley Project

boyes_bob.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: December 26, 1968 from Port Republic, Maryland
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Date Of Birth: February 10, 1958
• Height and Weight: 4'0, 80 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Bob has a scar on his upper lip.
• Clothing/Jewelry Description: A dark blue hooded coat, dark-colored pants, a plaid shirt and brown leather boots.

Details of Disappearance
Bob was last seen in his hometown of Port Republic, Maryland on December 26, 1968. He left a friend's home with his pet deer. The deer arrived at Bob's house without him, and he has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

I am the sister of Bob Boyes. Still searching for what happened to my brother the day after Christmas. The neighbors lived approximately 1 mi from our home. Apparently my three brothers all went to their house the day after Christmas to play with toys my two brothers came home early but Bob wanted to stay later. Sometime from the time he left that house and walked home with his pet deer, Pete, he disappeared in thin air. Pete came home but he didn't. No one disappears in thin air without a hair trace. Someone has to know something.....

Hi Joy,

I am so sorry your family is still seeking answers. The good news is that DNA tech has advanced greatly and should be very helpful. Make sure LE has your DNA for comparison, and I would want them to revisit any unidentified remains databases for a hit.

praying answers come your way soon

amateur opinion and speculation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave