1011 users online (131 members and 880 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK - Diogo Moreira, 29, Univ. of Brighton student, Sussex, 14 Jul 2015

http://www.sussex.police.uk/whats-ha...-alves-moreira

He was last seen in the early hours of Tuesday morning leaving a friend's house near to Brighton railway station.
    http://www.sevenoakschronicle.co.uk/...ail/story.html

He is Portuguese and of average build with short dark hair and brown eyes. He has a Portuguese accent and is believed to have been wearing jeans when he was last seen.
    …man differs from the animal by the fact that he is a killer; he the only primate that kills and tortures members of his own species without any reason, either biological or economic, and who feels satisfaction in doing so.
    Erich Fromm (Anatomy of Human Destructiveness)

http://www.antenalusa.pt/ninguem-sab...s-pedem-ajuda/

Sorry the article is in portuguese but translate will sure help you.
    So story goes he went to a festival in Brighton , where he lost his mobile. Then he went to his flat to leave his bag there but as the flatemate's parents were spending the night there he went to the house of a friend. He got to that friend house, they watched a movie,went to sleep, the friend woke up at 4AM to go to the bathroom and Diogo was gone , but his wallet was still there. (this information was given by another of Diogo's friends so it may not be very acurate).
    Next day he missed work that's very unlikely of him, the day after the police was warned .
    A girl told the friends via facebook that she saw a guy matching Diogo's description wandering around looking disoriented in Peaceheaven , not far from Brighton , but when his friends got there realized other people had already searched because they've seen the missing posters.
    He lives in the UK for 6 years now and his friends are very worried, they say he never showed signs of mental problems.
    …man differs from the animal by the fact that he is a killer; he the only primate that kills and tortures members of his own species without any reason, either biological or economic, and who feels satisfaction in doing so.

Bit too close to home this one - I live about 50 miles from Brighton and also work with 2 great Portuguese guys (who would happily translate articles/comments on SM for me if I asked).

There is a FB Help find Diogo Moreira page up already and it's being covered by local / national media.

Seems very out of character for Diogo to disappear like this, fingers crossed he's ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplepixii View Post
    Bit too close to home this one - I live about 50 miles from Brighton and also work with 2 great Portuguese guys (who would happily translate articles/comments on SM for me if I asked).

There is a FB Help find Diogo Moreira page up already and it's being covered by local / national media.

Seems very out of character for Diogo to disappear like this, fingers crossed he's ok!
    I'm Portuguese too but all help is appreciated : )
    Have you seen any posters around, anything on Tv there?

sent from my mobile using tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aynia View Post
    I'm Portuguese too but all help is appreciated : )
    Have you seen any posters around, anything on Tv there?
    Hi Aynia, I didn't realise you are Portuguese too
    Just checked maps and I am closer to 60 miles away from Brighton (by road). Not seen any posters around here but i wouldn't expect to due to the distance. I haven't seen anything on the news but I don't watch it as a rule because I usually end up shouting at the TV (normally because of politics or the (lack of) justice system lol). However I will make an effort to watch our local news reports to see if anything is said and post here if there is.

Hi Aynia, I didn't realise you are Portuguese too
    Just checked maps and I am closer to 60 miles away from Brighton (by road). Not seen any posters around here but i wouldn't expect to due to the distance. I haven't seen anything on the news but I don't watch it as a rule because I usually end up shouting at the TV (normally because of politics or the (lack of) justice system lol). However I will make an effort to watch our local news reports to see if anything is said and post here if there is.
    Hi
    I don't watch tv either I just read news online. I was thinking and I sure do hope police questioned that guy where Diogo was sleeping because vanishing in the middle of the night when you just lost your mobile without even leaving a note plus leaving your wallet behind... something doesn't sits well here. Just MOO as usual.

Well, I shared the poster on my FB, but it won't help much... :where is the full figure pic and description of what clothes he last worn? His body type?
    His face looks like any Spanish/ French/ Portugese/ South American guy I met traveling. (>handsome)
    The family will get thousands of tips on this one, because this is the face of the common traveller.
    More details please!

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInPain View Post
    Well, I shared the poster on my FB, but it won't help much... :where is the full figure pic and description of what clothes he last worn? His body type?
    His face looks like any Spanish/ French/ Portugese/ South American guy I met traveling. (>handsome)
    The family will get thousands of tips on this one, because this is the face of the common traveller.
    More details please!
    The best description is the one in the image that's in the Sussex police appeal (first link I posted).
    "The 29-year-old is Portuguese and of average build with short dark hair and brown eyes. He has a Portuguese accent and is believed to have been wearing jeans when he was last seen."

http://www.sol.pt/noticia/403248
    Here it says police is analyzing the CCTV from the Brighton station to try and spot him.
    In the "Help find Diogo Moreira" friends are talking about someone that says it may have seen him there talking there with a group of french people Tuesday morning.
    http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/nacional/p...estudante.html
    Diogo's two brothers are already in the UK to help with the CCTV possible identification.

So far that's all that is new that i can find the press .
    MOO still something's not right here. No mobile, leaving in the middle of the night with no wallet , meaning he did't just went to buy a pack of cigarretes or someting.

So I returned to work today having been away since last Thursday and I mentioned this case to my Portuguese colleagues and they already knew about it - apparently it is big news in Portugal and in the Portuguese community here. One of my lovely colleagues has recently posted on the FB Missing page for Diogo after having spoken with me and is hoping that either a friend of Diogo or one of his brothers registers here to try and provide us with more information. Fingers crossed!

So I returned to work today having been away since last Thursday and I mentioned this case to my Portuguese colleagues and they already knew about it - apparently it is big news in Portugal and in the Portuguese community here. One of my lovely colleagues has recently posted on the FB Missing page for Diogo after having spoken with me and is hoping that either a friend of Diogo or one of his brothers registers here to try and provide us with more information. Fingers crossed!
    Thank you very much. I hope someone does because the press reports are a mess as usual.

http://www.publico.pt/sociedade/noti...oreira-1702751

Again a news report in portuguese.
    Only thing I noticed is the friend he was staying the night with said the flat door was half opened. He also mentioned Diogo having a panic attack before going to sleep.
    " We must be realistic and assume that Diogo had a psychological crisis . Now what a person would do in this situation ? That's what we have to ask ourselves , "says Karim , one of the owners of the restaurant Olé Olé , addressing the group of friends."
    This is crazy for me as I have read before he had no signs of psychological trouble.
    OT being in anti depressants myself, I can't really see how someone without signs of any mental problems could just have a mental break like that, but I think it's possible. Just unlikely. I'm really worried about this boy I hope he turns out safe!
    ETA:
    I'd like to know the timeline of that night. What time the festival ended?
    What movie did they watched?
    Why would he have a panic attack? a girl,losing the mobile?
    This story stink and again media isn't helping in keeping the facts straight!

Nothing new just a couple of articles with the same information that was already released.

http://thelatest.co.uk/brighton/2015...ghton-student/

http://www.algarvedailynews.com/news...cluding-wallet

Diogo is described as of average build with short dark hair and brown eyes. He is believed to have been wearing jeans when he was last seen.
    Unsurprisingly, police mention that he has a Portuguese accent.

Just saw on the news a body was found but I can access a computer right now to update, help? tyia

alreetlike is online now All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    http://portugalresident.com/body-fou...udent%E2%80%9D

Sussex police are reported to have found a body in an advanced stage of decomposition in a ditch near Brighton railway station - the last place where missing Portuguese student Diogo Moreira is thought to have been seen.

With family and friends this morning described as “desperate”, the urgency now is establishing whether or not the body is that of the 29-year-old from Espinho.

- See more at: http://portugalresident.com/body-fou....9xQAC98z.dpuf

Nooooooooooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where are you?
    DeOrr Kunz Jr
    Leona Wright
    Crystal Rogers
    Baby Willow

Rest in peace sweet Chance Walsh Lonzie Barton

UK Case Index

Occam's Razor - "of two competing theories, the simpler explanation of an entity is to be preferred"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast