1507 users online (253 members and 1254 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ashley Madison cheating website hacked, July 2015

I didn't know where to put this. Technically it's a crime but this forum seems to be full of violent crimes. Anyway, a mod will move it if appropriate.

... the hackers posted some data and were threatening to release all Ashley Madisonís customer records if their demands were not met.

http://www.am980.ca/2015/07/20/cheat...adison-hacked/

37 million people are very nervous right now!

If Ashley Madison is not taken offline, they have threatened to “release customer records, including profiles with all the customers’ secret sexual fantasies and matching credit card transactions, real names and addresses, and employee documents and emails.”

Included in the exposed personal information are customers’ email addresses, usernames, passwords, birthdays and zip codes, in addition to their sexual preferences.

ya think?

The site is an obvious target for hackers. After all, its databases have enormous potential for use in blackmail schemes.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/20/tech...-madison-hack/

Hhahahhaaa....sorry, but I have to laugh a little....
    ďEvery day that they donít find something is good for me.ď Billie Dunn

Ashley Madison is a dating website, with one important twist: Instead of connecting eligible singles, it caters to married people interested in having an affair. The site claims to have 37 million members, and has in the past bragged about its data security.
    For those of us (hi!) who had no clue.

Well.... Those folks sneaking around should be worried. Things done in the dark come to light. Ha! If hackers can hack the Pentagon, what makes people think a flimsy cheating site would be safe with such secrets? Jmo

ciao

Quote Originally Posted by nightwatch View Post
    Well.... Those folks sneaking around should be worried. Things done in the dark come to light. Ha! If hackers can hack the Pentagon, what makes people think a flimsy cheating site would be safe with such secrets? Jmo

ciao
    Exactly. I call it laughable Karma. If you think it is fine to sneak around on your spouse then go for it...but watch your own back.
    ďEvery day that they donít find something is good for me.ď Billie Dunn

Wow, you made my day finding this. Is it wrong to want them to release all they have?????
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

Some how I doubt there are actually 37 million customers on that site. But whatever the number is, I bet there aren't many new customers signing up anytime soon. Just a rumor of something like this could wreck that company.

The sad thing is, they are quoting 37 million members. Really? And if it was gone tomorrow, there are hundreds of other sites that cater to this. Where are the good old days of just having an affair at the office. LOL, just kidding, you that, Right?
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

GOOD!!!! glad it was hacked , I hope all is exposed I'm sure there a lot of people on edge by their own actions Good! JMO and all that
    Suzanne Marie Sevakis Welcome home.

I too giggled at the thought of a sneaky run around who used the site to betray someone - getting betrayed by said site.
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

Are the hackers a group of divorce attorneys?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamille View Post
    Are the hackers a group of divorce attorneys?
    Thats hilarious!! However, if it was divorce attorneys, they would have already released the info. LOL

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast