826 users online (122 members and 704 guests)  

Websleuths News

MI - Armed, AWOL Marine *IN CUSTODY*

We have a number of people in this area, be safe everyone!

A disturbed Marine is suspected to be travelling to Pontiac with an AK-47 and unclear intentions.

The suspect, Clenard Alex Gee-Simmons, was being held in a low-priority lockdown unit in North Carolina for undisclosed reasons. On July 20, 2015, the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office received information from the United States Marine Corps that Gee-Simmons had fled and believed to be in possession of an AK-47. Gee-Simmons has made threats to kill his wife, who has recently filed for divorce, and he is thought to be on his way to an address in Pontiac.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/a...ntiac/34278458
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

Per WXYZ News, the reason he was put on lockdown was the threat he made to kill the wife.

Oh oh. I hope LE has his wife under protection somewhere. And her family.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

so he's been on the loose for a day & no word?!

yikes

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Oh oh. I hope LE has his wife under protection somewhere. And her family.
    Yes, they have her hidden somewhere - hopefully very well! I worry that he'll be enraged when he can't find her and take it out on random people, though.

Quote Originally Posted by michmi View Post
    Yes, they have her hidden somewhere - hopefully very well! I worry that he'll be enraged when he can't find her and take it out on random people, though.
    Probably. I wish these people would just kill themselves if they must, and leave everyone else alone. I hate it when they kill their children in a murder-'suicide' ----then forget to shoot themselves as we'll
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Why an AK-47? So strange.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Local news (WWJ radio) reporting this morning that the wife has been moved to an alternate location. Oakland County Sheriff asking residents to contact LE immediately if they see the man and/or his vehicle. I know there are members from the area: Please be alert and stay safe.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Here's the text from the WWJ report that I referred to above:

Police On High Alert In Oakland County For AWOL Marine Who Threatened To Kill Wife

July 22, 2015 8:17 AM

PONTIAC (WWJ) – Local authorities are on alert after learning that an AWOL Marine could be headed for Michigan after leaving his base in North Carolina, threatening to kill his estranged wife.

Speaking live on WWJ Wednesday morning, Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said they were notified that 21-year-old Clenard Gee-Simmons has made “credible threats” to his 19-year-old estranged wife and her family, who live in Pontiac.

“She left and moved here to get away from him and is in the process of filing divorce,” said Bouchard. “And further, he had been in some kind of modified segregated situation and had left the base without permission.” ...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/07/...-to-kill-wife/

How terrifying!!! Stay safe. All.
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on
    "Your out of your tree" "It's not my tree"
    #finddani

The man has been communicating with a reporter from WXYZ, Jonathan Carlson, by phone and by text. He states he intends to turn himself in but has not revealed his location or exactly when he plans to do this. He claims he was "stressed" and never intended to kill his wife, is not armed. I hope this has a peaceful ending.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/exclusive-a...to-action-news

Me too.

Pontiac is about 45 mins north of me. I keep checking for updates on this story. Hope that he turns himself in.

IN CUSTODY

(WXYZ) Detroit - AWOL Marine Clenard Gee Simmons is now in custody and will be transferred to NCIS and military custody later today, according to a spokesperson for the U.S. Marine Corp.
    http://www.wxyz.com/news/exclusive-a...ors_picks=true

Guess he did not get too far, fortunately. Good catch NC LE!
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.