GUILTY AL - Kandi Murphy, 30, slain, sister abducted, Bibb County, 20 July 2015

T4Tide

Verified Registered Nurse
Reaction score
I'll be back with a link.

Tammy Murphy Carpenter was abducted this afternoon by her ex-boyfriend. He shot and killed her sister, Kandi Murphy, in the process in front of her kids. He is armed and dangerous. I'll also be back with the vehicle LE put a BOLO out for.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/natio...napping-killing-sister-cops-article-1.2299576

"An armed John Barry Hubbard, 60, is believed to be hiding out with Tammy Murphy Carpenter, 46, against her will in a wooded area in Centreville, about 35 miles southeast of Tuscaloosa, authorities told the Daily News."

"Once there, he allegedly fatally shot Carpenter's sister before taking off with his ex in his 2005 white Chevy Silverado with a tag reading 7AB7003, Bibb County Public Information Officer Kevin Lawrence said."

Here ya go!

He may be driving a white 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 with AL tag 7AB7003

And all the new articles are saying Bibb County. The original FB rumors were saying Hale County. They border each other south of Tuscaloosa County.

This man doesn't seem to have anything to lose. I hope they find Tammy before he shoots her, too. :(

uploadfromtaptalk1437536064400.jpg

Tammy on the left, her sister on the right. Kandi has 3 small children....like under 7 or 8 years old. :cry:

No news. No one else may care, Tammy, but I do. 😣

From that article:

"Hubbard's father was James Barney Hubbard, who was the oldest person who has been executed in Alabama. James Hubbard was 74 when he died by lethal injection at Atmore prison in 2004. He was convicted of capital murder in the 1977 death of Lillian Montgomery, 62, of Tuscaloosa. Montgomery had befriended Hubbard after he had been released from prison for a 1957 murder conviction for killing Tuscaloosa County resident David Dockery. Officials at the time said that he robbed her and shot her in the head, shoulder and face before leaving her to die on the kitchen floor of her apartment on U.S. Highway 82."

This is just horrifying. If Tammy IS still alive, I hate to think what she may be going through. And the murder of her sister to deal with too. Unimaginable.

I know. :( I pray she's alive, but I don't wish her abused or hurt. If he just wanted her dead, then why not kill her along with her sister? Why kidnap her? That leads me to sinister thoughts. :(

Bless, bless, bless those babies hearts who saw their mom murdered.

Local word is that there's LE going door to door, helicopters, etc. The area near their community borders a large national forest. Bibb County is small and sparsely populated, so it probably doesn't have a huge law enforcement department, but I know Tuscaloosa and Hale County are assisting.

OT but related, Bibb County authorities are also dealing with another shooting. A husband shot his wife and son. No relation to Tammy or JBH.

From that article:

"Hubbard's father was James Barney Hubbard, who was the oldest person who has been executed in Alabama. James Hubbard was 74 when he died by lethal injection at Atmore prison in 2004. He was convicted of capital murder in the 1977 death of Lillian Montgomery, 62, of Tuscaloosa. Montgomery had befriended Hubbard after he had been released from prison for a 1957 murder conviction for killing Tuscaloosa County resident David Dockery. Officials at the time said that he robbed her and shot her in the head, shoulder and face before leaving her to die on the kitchen floor of her apartment on U.S. Highway 82."

I know this is old news about Hubbard's father but it still makes me angry that he was released from prison after murdering someone, and then murdered someone else.

And this current episode is another example of how useless restraining orders are.

This guy is going to take out everybody, himself included.

He knew the game was up when he left the sister's house with her dead inside of it.

This is going to end up being one of those cases where family and friends repeatedly warned LE about this guy, but they were turned away and told, "We can't do anything about it until he commits a crime".

Is this gonna rate high enough ?

hubbard.jpg
http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20150722/NEWS/150729901

John Barry Hubbard, 60, kidnapped Tammy Carpenter, 46, from the home she shared with her sister on family property in the Eoline community, authorities said.

Hubbard shot Kandi Murphy before leaving with Carpenter in his Chevrolet Silverado pick-up truck, according to police. Murphy, 30, died Tuesday afternoon at DCH Regional Medical Center.

This is what an angry, jealous, psycho looks like.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back