DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
By NBC Washington and News4
Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

Charging Document
Supplement to Arrest Warrant Affidavit

DC Mansion Warrant
SW Return - Woodland Drive

SW - JW's Cell Phone Data
SW Return - JW's Cell Phone Records
SW Return - AS's Cell Phone Records
SW Return - VF's Cell Phone Records
SW Return - SS's Cell Phone Records

Return After Search of Ford
Return After Search of White Chevy
Return After Search of BMW

Other Documents
Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.

I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!

Slightly updated glossary/cast of characters
View attachment 76765

Attachments

• Case Players.jpg
    Case Players.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 329
Newbie here, but following with interest. Quick questions: who called JW to inform of the fire? Do we know if DW brought any of his own weapons to the house (knife)?

Still seems odd to me that DW would take so many risks: staying at the house for so long, waiting for SS to come home, ordering pizza, and then sadistically killing 4 people for a relatively small amount of cash--using weapons he found in the home?Wouldn't SS have offered him anything in exchange for not harming the family? If DW never intended to kill them, wouldn't he have disguised his appearance? How would DW be sure AS didn't use the code in her call to SS?

I still can't find a motive that makes sense, not that anything could make sense of such a horrific crime.

Newbie here, but following with interest. Quick questions: who called JW to inform of the fire? :dunno: Do we know if DW brought any of his own weapons to the house (knife)? :dunno:

Still seems odd to me that DW would take so many risks: staying at the house for so long, waiting for SS to come home, ordering pizza, and then sadistically killing 4 people for a relatively small amount of cash--using weapons he found in the home?Wouldn't SS have offered him anything in exchange for not harming the family? If DW never intended to kill them, wouldn't he have disguised his appearance? How would DW be sure AS didn't use the code in her call to SS?

I still can't find a motive that makes sense, not that anything could make sense of such a horrific crime.

:wagon: Crosscntrymom! :dunno: above are my non-answers lol

She denied knowing anything about the money in numerous interviews. She certainly never claimed she heard anything being discussed. Whatever she found out about the money, appears to be after the fact.

BBM: I agree with that. However, every poster may not have been able to read all the numerous articles written by numerous media sources, nor been able to keep up with the numerous and contradictory quotes of NG.

I'm impressed! It looks like a person is there once you drew it. I think many of those objects are on different planes, but appear to be at one depth. I'll see if I can get a higher resolution photo. I don't see the other person that Facundo sees, either. I DO have bad eyes, so I could be eating my hat later...

Here are some hopefully higher resolution images, but they're taken from the video, so not starting with great quality. On the second image, I blurred the white spots that look like tennis shoes and the small white rectangle on the dumpster so you can see if there is a body there. It helps if you make your screen as bright as possible.
View attachment 78538View attachment 78539

I agree -- now that I see it, I can't unsee the "person" in the foreground, even in high resolution... but I think it's a really compelling optical illusion. What look like "sneakers", I think, are actually two additional scattered pieces of slightly wadded paper, what looks like jeans or something is partly a utility box or garbage receptacle behind the dumpster, and shadows do the rest. I would love to believe that there was a person there because it would make things like 100xs more interesting, but I don't think there is

I agree -- now that I see it, I can't unsee the "person" in the foreground, even in high resolution... but I think it's a really compelling optical illusion. What look like "sneakers", I think, are actually two additional scattered pieces of slightly wadded paper, what looks like jeans or something is partly a utility box or garbage receptacle behind the dumpster, and shadows do the rest. I would love to believe that there was a person there because it would make things like 100xs more interesting, but I don't think there is

Has anyone driven over to the site of the dumpster/Porsche fire? Happy to if it doesn't interfere with the investigation of course!

Originally posted by popsicle in the very 1st thread:

On Fox5 they showed LE with a piece of evidence in a baggy and the dog sniffing that. The dog followed a path that led to a breezeway of a condo bldg. They put the dog back in the car and later they did the same thing. This time the dog tracked thru a construction area towards a location where Metro is.

ETA: This was a search done in the area of the burned Porsche.

I think some folks here last night had a party after midnight and were doing some shrooms and *seeing* things?

wild-magic-mushrooms.jpg

http://magic-mushroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/wild-magic-mushrooms.jpg

So in affidavit from GF it says only one money band was visible. If both bands were on the money the GF would know how much money it was as bands have the total amount. So for the photo to show two stacks but only one band how would the money have been positioned. Knowing the bragger JW is you would think he'd make it look as impressive as possible. Makes me wonder if this was texted before he receive the $40K from the bank. Might accountant have grabbed all cash on hand at AIW---some of it unbanded and one stack that had been gotten from the B of A on previous occasion?

Evidence in the baggy was probably the vest.

Quite possibly. The search wasn't done until the 18th, IIRC. I wonder how extensively the vest had been handled by then. It's best to do the bloodhound search as soon as possible before the scents are mixed up. Perhaps upholstery from the car was used. Interesting that the dog took off in 2 different directions after being given scent items 2 different times. Don't know if it was the same item or different items. Could be the trail of 2 perps or of one perp leaving the Porsche then coming back, torching it and running in a different direction than previously.

So in affidavit from GF it says only one money band was visible. If both bands were on the money the GF would know how much money it was as bands have the total amount. So for the photo to show two stacks but only one band how would the money have been positioned. Knowing the bragger JW is you would think he'd make it look as impressive as possible. Makes me wonder if this was texted before he receive the $40K from the bank. Might accountant have grabbed all cash on hand at AIW---some of it unbanded and one stack that had been gotten from the B of A on previous occasion?

Or perhaps the withdrawal took some time, and JW snapped the picture of the first batch of bills while awaiting at the bank for the second batch?

JMO

Or perhaps the withdrawal took some time, and JW snapped the picture of the first batch of bills while awaiting at the bank for the second batch?

JMO

JMO

Inside the bank? That would be pretty bold. IMO.

Inside the bank? That would be pretty bold. IMO.

He was inside the bank at 9:40. Text with the photo of the money was send at 9:57.
My guess it was taken in the car as he was driving to drop off the money.

He was inside the bank at 9:40. Text with the photo of the money was send at 9:57.
My guess it was taken in the car as he was driving to drop off the money.

Hmm....that sounds right. So why not all the money in the photo???

Hmm....that sounds right. So why not all the money in the photo???

Without seeing the photo, it's hard to say. Just because only part of the money is visible, doesn't mean all the money weren't in the bag. Maybe the bag was only partially opened when he took the photo, with only part of the money visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow