761 users online (102 members and 659 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Shepard Smith

I was just watching Shepard Smith and he is doing the greatest job! He is sincere; he cares

He told O'Reilly he is just beside himself because of what he has seen and the frustration.

He says the trouble is the lack of a strong leader; ie like New York had Julianni He said the the mayor of NO took some people from a hotel (they were from other states and other countries) and put them in FRONT of the people who had been waiting for ours by the dome (I guess to be evacuated)

He said there were dead bodies and women were raped by the dome; people dying and no one to help them.

Some people would wait to get "picked up" and no one would ever come. New Orleans is "black" again; I saw smoke.

He has not seen a Red Cross truck at all. He said the problem was: people needed food and water the 1st day
    people needed food and water the 2nd day
    """"" '''' '' '''' 3rd day

But they got nothing till the 5th day.

He said he "doesn't want to criticize", but it's been so terrible. He said now the National Guard is protecting the French Quarter. He thinks things now are beginning to get better.

Never have I been so impressed by Shepard Smith as a reporter!

I've heard praise from everyone I know about Shepard Smith and Anderson Cooper. I've seen very little of Smith, but based on what I've seen, I agree. Cooper, I watch every night and love him.

Joe Scarbrough (sp) has done a great job too IMO. They all have. They've asked the tough questions and didn't take a non-answer for an answer either.

Geraldo is in New Orleans.......Shepard is great. I can't believe they have locked them in the super dome....

Geraldo is losing it. Those babies are tearing him apart.

The emotional toll on Shepherd Smith is terrible. I really like him.
    Geraldo keeps saying "let them go", "let them out of here".

Quote Originally Posted by bulletgirl2002
    Geraldo is in New Orleans.......
    Where the heck was he during Katrina??? I was so hoping to see him in his yellow slicker standing outside the Super Dome......NOT!

( I can't stand Geraldo )

I totally agree about Shepard Smith doing an incredible reporting job!! I haven't been able to turn off Fox News, so I don't know about the other reporters, but he's been remarkable. Very objective but you could tell he was emotional. I watched him on the O'Reilly Factor and then again on Hannity & Colmes.

As for Geraldo - I saw him doing the interview in the Superdome and he was saying that the government won't let them out - they're locked in. They went there thinking they were going to get help and food and water and instead they're stuck there in the filth with rapes and murders and mayhem all around them. Geraldo was begging, literally begging, "please, just let them go!!" Very emotional!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

The dome is empty..Geraldo is at the convention center.

Geraldo, in his typical overly dramatic style, kept saying SIX DAYS since the hurricane. Great reporting, Geraldo. This is the FOURTH day. The hurricane hit Monday, you fool.

I put this in another thread but it's appropriate here as well. Ted Koppel's grilling of Michael Brown was great. He may not be in the thick of it, but he asked the tough questions.

Article/Partial Transcript

Video

Here's a snippet:

When Brown explained how surprised he was that not everyone left the city before the storm, and that FEMA was currently trying to help those who didn't, Koppel shot back, "Mr. Brown, some of these people are dead. They're beyond your help. Some of these people have died because they needed insulin and couldn't get it ... You say you were surprised by the fact that so many people didn't make it out. It's no surprise to anyone that you had at least 100,000 people in the city of New Orleans who are dirt poor [and couldn't afford to evacuate the city]."

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrity
    Geraldo, in his typical overly dramatic style, kept saying SIX DAYS since the hurricane. Great reporting, Geraldo. This is the FOURTH day. The hurricane hit Monday, you fool.
    Today is the 5th day, Mon -Friday and folks had been in the Dome for 6 days. Since Sunday.

He's dramatic but this is human drama at its worst.
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LDC
    The dome is empty..Geraldo is at the convention center.
    Thanks, LDC - I couldn't remember if he was in the CC or the Superdome, but either way, was shocked to hear that they were locked in there and not allowed to leave.

LOL, I heard him say 6 days, too, and I even looked over at my husband with a questioning look - we both just shrugged. He is definitely overly dramatic, but when he was pleading to just let the people go, I thought it was very touching.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo

I know. He must be using that old "fuzzy math".

Just hearing the repeat of Hannity and Colmes, even Hannity says it's been five days! Guess he's using fuzzy new math. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex
    I was just watching Shepard Smith and he is doing the greatest job! He is sincere; he cares

He told O'Reilly he is just beside himself because of what he has seen and the frustration.

He says the trouble is the lack of a strong leader; ie like New York had Julianni He said the the mayor of NO took some people from a hotel (they were from other states and other countries) and put them in FRONT of the people who had been waiting for ours by the dome (I guess to be evacuated)

He said there were dead bodies and women were raped by the dome; people dying and no one to help them.

Some people would wait to get "picked up" and no one would ever come. New Orleans is "black" again; I saw smoke.

He has not seen a Red Cross truck at all. He said the problem was: people needed food and water the 1st day
    people needed food and water the 2nd day
    """"" '''' '' '''' 3rd day

But they got nothing till the 5th day.

He said he "doesn't want to criticize", but it's been so terrible. He said now the National Guard is protecting the French Quarter. He thinks things now are beginning to get better.

Never have I been so impressed by Shepard Smith as a reporter!

He has said just what he thinks every time he comes on. Several of the news people have been just as outspoken. I think he was the first to say it like it is and that gave others the nerve to do the same.

I have heard the mayor beg for help. One third of the police force tucked tail and left New Orleans!!!! National Guard should have been called in on day 1...not day 5. Horrible things have happened and no one could control those who decided to take advantage of the disaster. I've never seen anything like it. I hope I never do again.

ariel7 is offline For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    Geraldo is losing it. Those babies are tearing him apart.

The emotional toll on Shepherd Smith is terrible. I really like him.
    Geraldo keeps saying "let them go", "let them out of here".
    Hello BB,

nice to meet you, finally,lol,
    though I have read your posts
    off-n-on for a little while.

I totally agree on Shep! He's
    my fave, btw...
    and I just heard Geraldo reporting
    for the first time this past evening..very
    heart-wrenching.

I am praying for the news guys
    and gals,in addition to everyone
    else there. They sure do need it.