761 users online (114 members and 647 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FL - Thomas Townsend, New Port Richey, 20 July 2015

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news...chey_poli.html

NEW PORT RICHEY -- Police are searching for a missing New Port Richey man.

According to police, Thomas Townsend was last seen Monday night at 8:30 p.m. at his downtown office at 5709 Main Street.

Police said Townsend, a husband and father of two, has several ties to the New Port Richey business community. Officials said it is out of character for Townsend to not have any contact with his family. more at above link.

Doesn't sound good.

Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

His twitter (pic matches news story) https://twitter.com/thomasrtownsend
    Cindi Lou

A Facebook page has been set up to help find him according to a comment on Baynews9's fb story. https://www.facebook.com/findtomt
    Cindi Lou

His truck was still parked out back of the office according to this article. There was a comment on the BN9 article from a "friend" that his phone, keys, and wallet where still inside too.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/re...-disappearance

I have a house in Holiday next to NPR and my daughter lives near Main St with my grandkids so this is disturbing.
    Cindi Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    His truck was still parked out back of the office according to this article. There was a comment on the BN9 article from a "friend" that his phone, keys, and wallet where still inside too.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/re...-disappearance

I have a house in Holiday next to NPR and my daughter lives near Main St with my grandkids so this is disturbing.
    Interesting comment under that article...

There's a poster that the family/friends are circulating on fb at the fb page I posted above.

Yes, Spomraning, I saw the comment you where referring to after you mentioned it and I agree it is disturbing but lately I have seen a lot of tasteless comments on news stories. I hope they're just being an arse and don't mean anything by it but then again you never know. I'm confident the News channel reads those comments and would refer it to LE if warranted.
    Cindi Lou

I just read the story on Bay 9 news. Really odd, if it was a robbery, they would have just ask for the wallet and left. But it is all still there, so doesn't look like a run away dad, like the thread I was just on, didn't take the car or anything. I am trying to think of a reason to even go outside if you were in trouble but he would have used his phone if he was sick or in danger. doesn't add up.
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

Quote Originally Posted by Skully View Post
    I just read the story on Bay 9 news. Really odd, if it was a robbery, they would have just ask for the wallet and left. But it is all still there, so doesn't look like a run away dad, like the thread I was just on, didn't take the car or anything. I am trying to think of a reason to even go outside if you were in trouble but he would have used his phone if he was sick or in danger. doesn't add up.
    Well I just broke my cardinal rule tonight and went outside unsure if it was a good idea but you know me. I heard some one (a womans voice) crying help me over and over. I go out there and had to walk around the complex for a bit to find...a drunken woman siting on the sidewalk sobbing that her dog left her. Yup.

So what if he heard something or someone out side and went out to investigate/help? It's a possibility. I know I would have gone and left my stuff planing to be right back.
    Another scenerio, someone he knows came and he stepped out because they wanted to show him something or to talk to them and they grabbed him. Final thought, I don't know where the building is on Main St but the Pithlachascotee (sp?) river runs right across Main but I doubt he would have gone out to his car to retrieve something, fell in, all with out his keys.
    Cindi Lou

First glad you are okay, and it was just a woman crying over her dog. But I read about a case of a missing man out in CA. Wife goes out and he is trimming trees when she leaves. She gets back, he is no where to be found. Latter is still up against tree, saw on the ground, car in driveway, house unlocked and he is gone. So cops come search and can't find him. A yr later, someone walking in the woods finds a body up in a tree. He lived on an embankment, steep and he was cutting the tree, fell out of it, and went over the embankment, and down into these tree tops. But it was so dense, no one saw him. So I was thinking maybe he went outside and something stupid happened and he is still out there. IDK, but if it was a kidnapping why did they take him? This there some reason someone would want to harm him? He does websites for a living and see like a normal business man and family man.

It makes me think of the Uber guy in Tampa. Remember discussing him on here? Normal family man, owns a hair salon, everyone loves him, and he shows up a couple months later with a story that he was selling crafts on the side of the road in some other state and forgot to tell his wife or something like that. To be honest I'm hoping this turns out like that and it's nothing bad. On the other hand NPR is not the best place though with the drug problem in the area. Someone could have caused a rouse to get him out side to rob him and that's why they grabbed him. Don't know why they didn't go in to get his wallet though.
    Cindi Lou

I was sure they where going to find Uber guy in his car in the bottom of a lake. Surprised me.
    Cindi Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    I was sure they where going to find Uber guy in his car in the bottom of a lake. Surprised me.
    I thought of him last night, and wondered if they ever found him. I bet his wife was mad, she was so up set and it was like a 15 yr marriage. Oh, I just had my 15 yr mark, LOL.

Any way, he left the car, all ID, cell phone, ipad, so how did he leave if not by walking or someone picking him up or taking him away? I guess if we wait, stuff will come out, and give us a clue.

I wonder who the last one was who saw him at 8:30. The first news story I posted says he made his last online presence at 10:41 so this implies someone actually saw him at 8:30 IMO.
    Cindi Lou

I wonder if he normally had his wallet and keys out of his pocket while he worked - many men do - they don't like to sit on a lumpy wallet.

The possibility of suicide came to mind because people who jumped from the Golden Gate Bridge (and drove there) would usually leave their wallet, keys, phone in the car. Also, many people who commit suicide get their affairs in order in the weeks prior - his working on the house made me think that's what he might have been doing.

Something about this case strikes me as odd. What would you think if you were watching a detective show and police arrived at the home of a missing person to discover freshly painted walls?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast