1492 users online (252 members and 1240 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NJ - Crystal Passante, 26, pregnant, Newark, 16 July 2015

Crystal Passante

Pregnant Secaucus native reported missing in Newark since Thursday
    A Secaucus native who is four months pregnant, who also just recently moved back to New Jersey, has been reported missing in Newark since Thursday, according to a missing person flyer.

Crystal Passante, 26, who was staying at her fatherís residence, was last seen at 513 Ferry St in Newark. on Thursday wearing a black leather jacket, shorts and carrying a small black purse, the flyer says.

Passante is described as being 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighing 190 pounds, having blonde hair with brown roots, brown eyes and a star tattoo on each hand (one green and the other red), as well as being four months pregnant, according to the flyer.
    http://hudsoncountyview.com/pregnant...ince-thursday/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Passante had been living in California for the past few years, but had recently moved back to New Jersey after breaking up with her boyfriend and was staying with her father.

http://hudsoncountyview.com/pregnant...ince-thursday/

how horrible.. I wonder where her daughter is.. hopefully one of her family members is taking care of her and they find her mommy soon.

Pregnant Secaucus native missing since last week; last seen in Newark

A Secaucus native who is four months pregnant has been missing since last Thursday, Hudsoncountyview.com reported.

Crystal Passante, 26, recently moved back to the area from California and was last seen in Newark, where she was staying with her father, the website reported.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...ark_since.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

This is terrible.

I am very familiar with the area she was last seen (her father's house). I drive past that house every now and then on my way back home if I've driven into Newark, and have taught some workshops at Hawkins Street elementary which is only steps away.

It's not all that far from an industrial area right before the 1-9 truck route ramp out of Newark.

The area is on the outer edge of the Ironbound, which has a large Brazilian population and is known for its authentic restaurants. Where her father lives is a mixed bag. I wouldn't call it unsafe (or at the least, I don't feel unsafe there, but then again I don't feel unsafe in Newark in general), but it's very working class and has got a fair amount of poverty and some seediness with a lot of truck traffic, pollution grime, and a strip club that caters to the industrial workers nearby. There's also a nicely refurbished park with a path along the water not too terribly far from where she was staying. Most of the park is visible from the road, but I do hope the police check there just in case.

I'm hoping for the best.

Pregnant woman, 26, reported missing in Newark

http://pix11.com/2015/07/24/pregnant...g-in-newark-2/

NJ - Crystal Passante, 26, Newark, 16 July 2015

So with the "mental issues" associated with her recent pregnancy, I am going to assume the daughter is still in Milpitas. It doesn't say she moved back to NJ with her daughter. Also I find the blond hair interesting. Seems like a change from those pictures. Wish we had a more recent picture with blond hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Police, family still searching for former Secaucus woman
    July 27, 2015
    http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...ays_later.html
    SECAUCUS -- Nearly two weeks after she was reported missing, a woman who grew up in Secaucus is still missing, officials said.

Found dead in an vacant building in Newark, a family member said. Passante, who was five months pregnant, miscarried the baby, an autopsy revealed. No foul play is suspected in the death and authorities are awaiting results of toxicology tests to determine the cause of death.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2..._july_fou.html

Very sad news

I just got a notification on my phone from NJ.com about this. So sad for her family and friends, for her to be found this way, the only good thing is getting closure so they can let her rest in peace.
    Everyday Iím realizing that our children, should be aware of strangers, but more fearful of the evil living right in their very own homes

did she miscarry or did the baby die when she died? that is confusing.

Milpitas ca is a few miles from my house.

I'm wondering the same thing. Are they able to tell if she miscarried the baby prior to her death? Did the baby pass when she passed? Could the miscarriage have possibly caused her death in some way?
    Mrs. A
    ^^^The above is MOO unless otherwise stated^^^

Here's another article although it does not address specifically the miscarriage:

The family was told Passante had been in the building for a long time and the family thinks she may have been there since her disappearance. Her decomposed body was found on Sept. 18, and after examination of dental records, was identified as Passante on Oct. 13.

http://patch.com/new-jersey/newarknj...-newark-report

I was saddened to read this. It's possible that they can "tell" how far the baby was by its body. So possibly the baby was not gestational correct