NC NC - Amos Shook, 43, Lenoir, 19 February 1972

PJFL

What's done in the dark will come to the light.
Reaction score
http://www.wbtv.com/story/29606284/human-remains-found-in-lake-in-caldwell-co-believed-to-be-man-missing-since-70s

A 1968 green Pontiac Catalina, the same car belonging to a man reported missing on February 19,1972 in Caldwell County, was retrieved from 30 feet of water at the Lake Rhodhiss Boar Access on Waterworks Road.

Officials estimate the mud-filled Pontiac has been in the water for at least 40 years. The identity of the person found has not been released, but officials believe the remains belong to the man missing since the 70s.

https://twitter.com/lizfosterWSOC9

Reporter at PC live tweeting.

Liz Foster ‏@lizfosterWSOC9 8m8 minutes ago
#BREAKING Caldwell sheriff: found 1 persons remains, ID not confirmed bit missing person is Amos Shook, believes remains are his

#BREAKING Caldwell sheriff: missing mans daughter asked detectives to look at cold case again last month. Found car w/ sonar

Amos Shook

Officials believe car pulled from lake solves 40-year-old case

Remains pulled from lake: 43 years missing, daughter's plea leads to dad in lake

Police agreed to look at the cold case once again after the daughter's request and with the new technology available today that wasn't around over 40 years ago, police retraced the steps of their first investigation. They went into the lake with state of the art sonar equipment and located the car fairly easily in 30-feet of water.

CKiuu4YUkAArIfW.jpg

This case is near me and I heard about it on the news. I'm glad the daughter has answers now and they can lay him to rest. I wonder what made him end up in the lake.

This has been huge news here. Just last month the daughter made contact with LE asking for updates. She never stopped looking for her dad. I'm happy and sad for his family at the same time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back