729 users online (134 members and 595 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.

Exclamation Malware?

Ok 2nd attempt at posting! I'm on my phone and suck.

I just tried to check the forum on my PC and 2 times I tried I was redirected to download 'Flash' which I already have and is up to date. The file downloaded both times even though I hit cancel. Thankfully Chrome alerted it was harmful and discarded it but I was redirected to another site when I did hit cancel, my anti virus blocked the site and warned it contained malware.

Is this me or is anyone else getting it? I've had it happen before here but not for a while. Sorry to Dave the tech guy for any bother this may cause you!

TIA for your help

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

I had it happen before, I think last year but not recently or today
    www.missingkids.com

HELP US FIND THE MISSING!!!!

In memory of Melissa Ann Tremblay, Kimberly E. Farrah and Leeann Millius <3 Gone but never forgotten in my heart!

**Major problem with this happening. I can no longer browse this site easily, as I keep getting bounced to some sxsxsx.com something link (which looks very suspicious!) pretty continuously.

Trying to be patient, but due to one thing or another messing up my ability to browse & post, I've been unable to participate fully here for some time.

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    It just happened again when I was trying to check on this thread

Same Ausgirl, it jumps to sxsxsx.net and downloads a setup file. Then when I hit cancel it redirects to a site called zecriessy.info

Frustrating!

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

First things first, try downloading and installing a copy of malwarebytes. One version is free, another is free premium for 14 days. Download and install the non-premium version first. Once installed, scan your computer and remove anything it finds. Depending on the malware this maybe only be the beginning. You may need to update the database on malwarebytes.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

I've used malwarebytes for years but thanks for the reminder Peliman. I'll run a scan and make sure my system is clean.

I also keep getting bounced to sxsxsx.com and the site tries to download a file but my security stops it.

It is happening in every forum or thread I attempt to read, the only way to stop it, is if I stop the page from loading in completely, which is not ideal!

It is only happening on websleuths, it is not from my end.

I'm having the same problems :-(

Also having the same problem, pretty sure it's not legit. Odd how we're all getting it the same day!
    Pain in the bum!

Yep, same, this only happens here at this site.

Bumping it.

I'm having the same problem. Whatever you do, DON'T download anything from that site. It is nasty.

Bumping

Quote Originally Posted by skibaboo View Post
    I've used malwarebytes for years but thanks for the reminder Peliman. I'll run a scan and make sure my system is clean.
    Thanks skibaboo, not sure if your scan detected or removed anything. I can't tell without feedback if it's been effective. I know others are saying it's from here and it sounds like an ad redirect.

I'm personally not having any trouble with chrome and ******* plus installed as an ad blocker. If malwarebytes isn't working or won't load there are other programs to clean malware or registry directs and boot hooks.

I've gotten the same thing - the other day it happened repeatedly. It only happens here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast